Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Lindsay - so glad Rowan is sleeping better for you finally!! May I ask how you taught him to fall asleep in his crib? Last night I decided to try to teach Nevada this but quickly got frustrated and have up. I know it would take a lot more than one night but I am way too tired lately so I am just going to wait a bit longer before I try again. Haha.

That is awful news about AF coming back after your fertile CM. at least yours waited a good 6 months! I am going to try to continue in denial until AF shows.

Exciting about Rowan starting solids! I'm glad baby led weaning is going well for you.

Oh yes, people are the same with Nevada! That is quite annoying. If only they knew the meltdowns that ensued the moment they left!

Lindsay - so glad Rowan is sleeping better for you finally!! May I ask how you taught him to fall asleep in his crib? Last night I decided to try to teach Nevada this but quickly got frustrated and have up. I know it would take a lot more than one night but I am way too tired lately so I am just going to wait a bit longer before I try again. Haha.

That is awful news about AF coming back after your fertile CM. at least yours waited a good 6 months! I am going to try to continue in denial until AF shows.

Exciting about Rowan starting solids! I'm glad baby led weaning is going well for you.

Oh yes, people are the same with Nevada! That is quite annoying. If only they knew the meltdowns that ensued the moment they left!

For sure I can share what worked for us :) Rowan has never been a baby that could just fall asleep on a stationary surface, even as a newborn - in fact prior to starting this, I could count the times on one hand that he has done that. He was quite dependant on me nursing him, and bouncing (on an exercise ball) to fall asleep. I think his biggest problem was that he couldn't get from one sleep cycle to the next without me helping.

I started by putting him down in his crib when he was very sleepy (after nursing and bouncing him), but still awake. I would let him fuss, but if things started to escalate I would first try and settle him while he was still in the crib, and then pick him up and calm him down if necessary (he is also a baby that will vomit if he gets too upset). Gradually I started putting him down more and more awake. I did this for every bedtime and nap time. It's been two weeks and I now nurse him before bed, but don't bounce him anymore, and put him down quite awake and he will fall asleep. He will still often fuss for about 5 minutes, but nowhere near what it used to be. I didn't leave the room at first, but now can leave the room and he will fall asleep.

To be honest I didn't think it would work - I thought I'd be there for hours and hours trying to get him to sleep. I was surprised though, even when I first started it only took at most about half an hour.

The night wakings didn't go away at first, then last thursday I decided to wait a few minutes before getting him at night, and also to try and settle him in the crib before picking him up and nursing (my previous go to during night wakings). Then when I did feed him, I made sure he was still awake when I put him back down. I think that is what has made the big difference because friday night he started sleeping 3 - 4 hour stretches, and then last night 5.5 hours.

You're right though, it's very hard when you're already tired. If you're going to try, I would suggest starting when DH is around the next day so you can have a nap. If you have any other questions, let me know :) Good luck and I hope you can find something that works for Nevada! When Rowan was Nevada's age, the secret for him was the miracle blanket - maybe worth a try as well.

Thank you very much for sharing! That is somewhat similar to what I tried last night but I will probably have to try a bit longer next time and when I am less frazzled! I guess I tend to think if she fusses at all she will never settle to sleep but that gives me hope that Rowan fusses a bit but then goes to sleep. Nevada has become quite dependent on nursing to sleep. In a way it is easy for me but I know I'll run into trouble at the 4 month mark when she masters object permanence...so I'd like to work on getting her to go to sleep on her own before then! Good idea to wait until DH is around the next day to let me have a nap. So glad it worked for you! And excellent tip about the night wakings too. I'm sure that's quite important at his age so he stays asleep. I will google that miracle blanket right now. :)

I love those secret smiles. DH loves it when they look drunk after nursing. So cute.

My AF always returns between 4 and 6 months even when I was nursing twins. :dohh:

Blue - So glad are turned for you!

Good luck to all of you TTC!

Good luck to all you new moms trying to get your little ones into longer sleep patterns.

Sara how are you ? you have been quiet.

So glad Rowan is sleeping better for it honey.

Lit -hope nevada Follows suit hehe.

Now on the mainland. Missing OH but 11 days and he shall join me. If not before hand.

How are all you ttcers? Anyone near testing time? Xxx

Sara how are you ? you have been quiet.

So glad Rowan is sleeping better for it honey.

Lit -hope nevada Follows suit hehe.

Now on the mainland. Missing OH but 11 days and he shall join me. If not before hand.

How are all you ttcers? Anyone near testing time? Xxx

4 days till due here so if af doesnt show what im not convinced testing will be the day after

Lit - I hope AF stays away! It must have been rubbish bleeding for 6 weeks, though I think it's prob fairly common. Wow 14-16 breast feeds a day sounds a lot! Is that average? Just so I know what to expect! xx

Ljs - Aww what a cute little smiler Oscar is! Glad to hear he's sleeping well. :thumbup: I hope I get lucky with that too! xx

Emma - Glad baby is the right way up! I hope the next 11 days go quickly for you so your OH can be with you. Did you get the Whooping cough jab? Despite the fact I don't want it I have finally made my appointment for this Friday. I'm really nervous and hope it doesn't have any bad effect on the baby. :nope: xx

Lindsay - well done for teaching Rowan to sleep in his crib! It must have been hard resisting the urge to pick him up when he grizzled. I hope he starts enjoying his food soon, I heard 'food before 1 is just for fun' so he's got a bit of time to get used to it. My sisters baby still doesn't like solids and he's 9 months now. xx

AFM - have a routine midwife appointment booked for today in an hour. I hate it when they check how engaged baby is, it makes me tense up as they seem to push so hard! Also have my whooping cough jab booked for Friday despite being very nervous about it and not wanting any injections while pregnant. Just would hate for baby to get it so seemed the better option. I wish they hadn't changed the jab in the last few months though, I'd rather have the one that's already been used for 2 years.

Just got back from my midwife appointment and they think the baby is breach, so I have a scan tomorrow at 3 to check! Peculiar it may have gone from 2-3/5ths engaged to breach! It will be nice to have a scan though, I haven't had one since 20weeks. If it is breach the midwife said the doctor can attempt to move the baby, but I have heard it can be painful so I hope I don't have to have that. I thought my bump looked wonky yesterday, so I think it's only changed position recently.

Tea- whooping cough jab wasn't too bad honey. Was a bit of a dead arm the 2 days after. The jab I got covered tetanus, diphtheria and polio as well!! Tea my midwife got it wrong the other day about baby being breach. I have a scan next week too but im sure babies head is deffo down! Where do you feel the strongest kicks? But a scan is very reassuring and also seeing baby is always a bonus! Let us know how you get on. I know that when my midwife said that to me i had all sorts going through my head. I had sleepless nights about it and it all turned out find. Try stay as calm as possible. Your scan will tell you for sure and then your consultant will answer all of your questions. Will be thinking about you. Xxx

Whisper- fingers crossed for you honey! How are you feeling ? Xxx

Teacup - that much breastfeeding is only common during a growth spurt or the first week or so for like 99% of the population so I wouldn't worry about it. For me it has been like that since Nevada was born and instead of changing for growth spurts (during growth spurts she just feeds for even longer), she has had 4 or 5 days in her life that I only had to feed her 10-12 times -which I guess Are her growth SLOW days. :haha: I am trying to just laugh about it because it is Actually very frustrating for me and no one else can understand. But she is slowly going very slightly longer between feeds so I'm sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, don't worry too much about feeding that often because it isn't common at all.

I understand being nervous about getting a new form of a vaccine but I'm sure it will be absolutely fine! If you are very nervous can you just get it immediately after birth?
I really hope baby is not breach! Maybe baby will shift back before your scan.

Blue - sorry you're away from your DH for a bit but it won't be for long at least!

Tea- whooping cough jab wasn't too bad honey. Was a bit of a dead arm the 2 days after. The jab I got covered tetanus, diphtheria and polio as well!! Tea my midwife got it wrong the other day about baby being breach. I have a scan next week too but im sure babies head is deffo down! Where do you feel the strongest kicks? But a scan is very reassuring and also seeing baby is always a bonus! Let us know how you get on. I know that when my midwife said that to me i had all sorts going through my head. I had sleepless nights about it and it all turned out find. Try stay as calm as possible. Your scan will tell you for sure and then your consultant will answer all of your questions. Will be thinking about you. Xxx

Thanks Emma! Was your vaccine the repevax one or the boosterix ipv? The boosterix started being used in July, and before that they used the repevax for the last two years. I want the repevax as it's the same one my sisters had, and I know it's been used for 2 years. The boosterix one has a higher dose of pertussis.

The strongest kicks are on my top right I think. I don't think that the midwife can be right about the breech because I felt hiccups right down low this evening! Will find out tomorrow anyway. :thumbup:

My scan is just going to be on a little portable machine, so not the amazing detail of my 20 week one, but I'm hoping it shows enough to reassure me baby is okay in there.

Have you thought about what sort of birth you'd like? :flower: I'm planning on a water birth. xx

Lit - I hope the gaps between feeds get longer soon! :flower: Thanks, yes I hope baby is the right way up. I thought about getting the jab after birth but my sister-in-law is a midwife and said that the baby would end up getting higher levels through breast milk than if it had it through the placenta. I'll prob chicken out and cancel my appointment but I'm trying to be sensible! xx

Whisper -its always the worst part of the month. Good luck. Fingers crossed for you.

Tea- Pretty sure it was Repevax one. It will be safe for use they wouldnt pass it otherwise. I don't think you are breach the midwife said that feeling kicks mostly on the right hand side and hiccups are an indicator that baby i in the right place. That's where i was feeling baby. Now though shes kind of kicking on my left and central... not 100 sure if thats a problem. Lol will see at scan next week!! Xxx

Teacup - thanks. I really think the vaccine will be very safe for baby and so much better than risking exposing baby to whooping cough. Can you talk to a dr or nurse about your concerns?

Teacup, fingers crossed baby is head down! I wouldn't worry too much about the whooping cough jab either - I'm sure it's safe and I wouldn't have hesitated to have it while I was pregnant (I didn't because I'd had it a few months before I became pregnant as I was exposed to whooping cough by a client). Thanks for sharing about your sisters baby, that gives me hope that Rowan not being very interested in food is normal. Although having said that last night we made pizza and I let him gum a piece of pizza crust - he quite liked that and every time he dropped it on the floor he would reach for whatever DH or I had on our plates - so maybe he's becoming more interested :)

Blue, not long till OH joins you... and then your little girl too :)

Crys, I hope you're doing well!

Whisper, fingers crossed for good news this month :) Crampy could be a good thing ;)

LL, Rowan nursed VERY often until about 3.5 - 4 months - usually every hour and a half or 2 hours, and some days every hour (from the start of the feed to the start of the next). I felt like I had no time to do anything because he was always feeding, and when he was hungry, he was HUNGRY. It's much better now though - he goes 2 - 4 hours through the day (usually around 3 or 3.5 hours), can wait a little while if I'm out and want to get home first, and eats very quickly, so there is hope :)

Lindsay - thanks so much for sharing that! Nevada typically feeds every hour during the day (also from start of feed to start of next feed) but a couple times a day she will go closer to 1.5-2 hours now so I think things are on their way up. That reassures me a lot that someone else's baby needed feeding so often! Nevada is the same way with her hunger being VERY urgent! She goes from zero to hysterical in just a few seconds. Glad to hear things got better after 4 months or so. I'm half way there! ;) although... I'm certainly not eager for her to grow up! It sounds like Rowan's eating habits are much more manageable now. :)

Baby is head down and engaged! :happydance: Despite the fact I was about to have a scan the midwife and doc couldn't help themselves with prodding and poking me to guess beforehand. They press so hard and i thought it was all a little pointless they wanted to test themselves. :growlmad:

I'm pleased baby is in the right place, and I also asked the doc to check if there was enough amniotic fluid, and he looked and said there was. I warned him we didn't want it know the sex so he skilfully avoided that! It was tempting to not say anything, but after being team yellow this long and buying all neutral stuff I thought it would be annoying to find out at this stage! :haha:

Lindsay - ooh def sounds like Rowan is getting interested in food now! He'll be on regular solids in no time. :thumbup: xx

Emma - Good luck with your scan next week - I'm sure yours is head down too. Funny we both had incorrectly diagnosed breech at the same time! Now the waiting game! I bought some handy travel sized toiletries for the hospital, and a pack of face wipes so I don't have to bother washing my face. Need to get on and pack my hospital bag now. :coffee: xx

i cant seem too stop thinking about if pregnant or not no matter how much i try:shrug: feeling very crampy but also feeling nauseas and tired:shrug: the cramps i had yesterday felt like they do when im on af but today its more achey so only angels know whats going on in there

Today marks 2 months since we lost our little bean and i think if af comes in a day or so im going to be a mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->