Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Nat, it's nice to see your chart taking shape, I think you're going to like charting :)

Blue - congrats to your friend :) I know what you mean, I also have a friend who had a baby about 4 weeks ago and I am really happy for her, but it also makes me kinda sad for me. Our day will come too I'm sure. Btw, your chart looks really good!!

Crys - yes, it is like another 2 week wait... ttcing kinda feels like living life in 2 week chunks, lol.

Nina - how are you doing? Did you get a postiive opk yet?

Aleeah - how are you feeling? Have you got many symptoms yet?

Hubby came home with pregnancy tests yesterday afternoon, and I didn't even ask him to buy them, lol.... he's pretty excited. Anyway, did one of those this morning... it's one of the clearblue ones that shows a plus (not digital). I'm not sure what the sensitivity is on those ones but there is a definite plus sign so I am cautiously optimistic

Woohoo for a definite plus sign! I've heard those aren't as sensitive as FRERs, so that's great! What a sweet hubby - feeding addictions without being asked. :haha:

Well my besy friend has welcomed her first baby into the world four weeks early tomday both are doing well.. very pleased for her however a tad jealous.

Should be on mat leave myself and no im at work.

Least the suns still show shinning.

How are you all doing ? Xxx

It's natural to feel a little jealous but you are a mum to two little boys its just that they aren't here physically :hugs: Glad they are both doing well. I love newborns :flower:

I can't wait for tomoz night, both kids staying out and we are going to the Strictly Come Dancing Tour. Serious ballroom dance geek here :haha: xx

Sounds like you've got a fun night planned! I hope you have a great time :) I definitely have respect for people who can dance... hubby and I did some ballroom dancing lessons before our wedding and I think we both have 2 left feet... we were hopeless, lol.

Sounds fun! I love to watch dancing.

DH knew how to do all those dances when he was young because his grandmother made him be her dance partner. He's a good dancer now, but of course all I've seen him do is just regular stuff. He didn't stick with the ballroom dancing since it wasn't his choice I guess.

Haha Nat your hillarious.

Linds you have such a sweet hubbie!

Thanks my hart looks not bad. Think is teasing me though!

:) be brilliant for a wee surprise positive haha xxx

Well it was the actual tour in Feb which we went to but this is like an additional thing with one celeb and 3 professional dancers.

I'm on the front row so up close and personal to the action and also close to Artem who is my fave professional. I'm hoping he might fall in love with me and I'll be like "Gaz, Gaz who?" :haha:

Blue your chart really does look good. You could be the third BFP xx

Lol, Nat you make me laugh.

Blue - hopefully it's the pregnancy tests that are teasing you, not your chart ;)

Hello Ladies,

Nat - I was lucky enough to go to a live Strictly show a couple of years ago in London, the year with Harry Judd from McFly, it was very surreal as the room is so small and the rows only go back 3!! The tickets were amazing as we got to go back stage etc but I wish I hadn't, the outfits weren't anywhere near as lush as I thought they would be. Would love to go back, so jealous of you!!:thumbup:

Bluestars - Congratulations for your friend but I totally get your side too. I've still got my fingers crossed for you, I totally believed I was out last time but apparently not, remember each day that passes is a day closer to that take home baby BFP!!:hugs:

Lindsay - Your hubby sounds so sweet! I had to keep sneaking pregnancy tests into the shopping basket!! Anymore symptoms for you? Are your docs doing anything different this time?

Nina - How are you getting on? Where are you in your cycle now?? Looking forward to moving? :flower: I hate packing boxes but love the excitement of a new house.

Crysshae - I used to try and fill the wait before ovulation with lots of baby dancing!! :haha: Made me feel I was doing something! But that doesn't fill the days when my mind would wonder when I should have been working. I'm wishing the days away for all of us, to when we're all holding our gorgeous bundles!

So no more symptoms but wondering if I'm missing them! Feels like I've been pregnant forever this year and now can't tell the difference! Still keep saying when I fall pregnant to hubby, which he's finding a bit much to take in. I guess I'm battling my own demons from losing the last one, I'm still very detached and in my head I'm thinking the early scan will be my BFP and before is just waiting for it. Is that weird?!:wacko:

xxxxx

Wow I've found a fellow SCD fan. That almost never happens :haha:

I went to the Tour the year with Harry Judd too and we got floor side seats this year really close to the Judges.

It's Strictly Confidetial we are going to tomorrow.

I'm a massive SCD fan and a massive Harry Potter fan. My Grandad ordered me the first book when it had just come out back in 1996/7. I was 10/11. Hooked from then on.

So there you have it, I'm not a remotely cool person at all :haha:

I know what you mean about feeling pregnant forever. I've been almost constantly pregnant since December 2010!

The scan will defo make it seem real for you :hugs: xx

Aleeah - It's not weird. It's your way of trying to protect yourself from hurt and disappointment. When you have your scan and see that strong little heartbeat, I hope you can let yourself enjoy it.

I have to ask - Is Aleeah your actual name?

Hello Ladies,

Nat - I was lucky enough to go to a live Strictly show a couple of years ago in London, the year with Harry Judd from McFly, it was very surreal as the room is so small and the rows only go back 3!! The tickets were amazing as we got to go back stage etc but I wish I hadn't, the outfits weren't anywhere near as lush as I thought they would be. Would love to go back, so jealous of you!!:thumbup:

Bluestars - Congratulations for your friend but I totally get your side too. I've still got my fingers crossed for you, I totally believed I was out last time but apparently not, remember each day that passes is a day closer to that take home baby BFP!!:hugs:

Lindsay - Your hubby sounds so sweet! I had to keep sneaking pregnancy tests into the shopping basket!! Anymore symptoms for you? Are your docs doing anything different this time?

Nina - How are you getting on? Where are you in your cycle now?? Looking forward to moving? :flower: I hate packing boxes but love the excitement of a new house.

Crysshae - I used to try and fill the wait before ovulation with lots of baby dancing!! :haha: Made me feel I was doing something! But that doesn't fill the days when my mind would wonder when I should have been working. I'm wishing the days away for all of us, to when we're all holding our gorgeous bundles!

So no more symptoms but wondering if I'm missing them! Feels like I've been pregnant forever this year and now can't tell the difference! Still keep saying when I fall pregnant to hubby, which he's finding a bit much to take in. I guess I'm battling my own demons from losing the last one, I'm still very detached and in my head I'm thinking the early scan will be my BFP and before is just waiting for it. Is that weird?!:wacko:

xxxxx

Aleeah, I don't think that's weird at all, I am also feeling quite detached... doesn't seem real yet for me either and I expect it probably won't for quite some time. Not really doing anything different... I haven't even called the doctor yet. I've been on high dose folic acid since we started ttc, and started the low dose asprin about 4 weeks ago at the recommendation of the OB after the m/c - so I will carry on with those. They are going to do an earlier scan this time - I was told to call when I got a positive test and they would book a scan some time around 7 - 8 weeks, and then an appointment with the OB at 10 weeks - she said by then she should be able to hear the heart beat in her office with the doppler, and if she can, chances are good that things will go well. That seems like an eternity away.

At the time she said it, I thought an early scan would be reassuring, but now I think I've got scan-phobia. The last experience was so awful, and the scan place doesn't let the significant other in until after they do all the measurements... so I was lying there and could clearly see something was not right, and the tech wasn't allowed to tell me anything, and my husband was sitting in the waiting room. When I get around to calling I think I'm going to ask if they can send me to a different scan place this time... might make it a little easier... who knows.

Not really any new symptoms for me yet... still crampy, boobs are sore, and I have not slept very well the last few days.

Hello, can I join? I had a miscarriage starting on July 15th (with some spotting the week before) and am finally done bleeding. Now I am just waiting for AF so I can start trying again. We are going to take precautions until then because I think we do need a short break from trying, even if just for our emotional states. So far, no sign of O for me. I normally have 25-26 day cycles so I have no idea when I will end up Oing this time since I know having an MC will throw it off. I started temping again today so I can at least tell when I've Oed.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I started temping shortly after also, and it helped me to see when my body went back to doing what it was supposed to do.

I wish you your take home baby soon. :hugs:

Lindsay - I hope your first scan is very much different and a million times better than the last time you were scanned.

So sorry for your loss and sorry we are meeting under these circumstances!

I have to shamefully admit that my breasts are sore this evening but not hard. (Tmi sorry) and af is due sunday.monday not sat sun! Even longer wait.

Cant decide wiether cramps are period related or other! This waot is torture ! Seems to be getting late nger and longer !

Linds your scan will be perfect! Have you got a date through? Xxxc

Welcome Literati_Love - sorry for your loss. That's a good idea to start temping again, it'll help you know what's going on.

Thanks Crys and Blue, I hope you are both right. I have no date yet because in order to get a date I have to call the doctor, lol. I think I'll call next week after I have officially missed AF to book things... 7 - 8 weeks should be somewhere around mid to late Aug

Yes, waiting is torture... Blue, I really hope those are good signs for you!!

Literati Love - Firstly welcome, I'm so sorry you're here with us. :hugs: I hope you can look forwards and get your BFP very soon. I didn't ovulate for over 6 weeks following my miscarriage but everyone's different, I miscarried at 8 weeks and somehow managed to get pregnant with that first ovulation without a period. Still very frightened, so I can sympathise with you wanting to wait a while.

Nat - Wow, we've lots in common!! :haha: I Love Harry Potter, I intend to go full circle and start from the beginning again on our holiday later this year, I've managed to not watch the films as I think the books are so fab I wanted to keep my imagination the way it is.

Crysshae - Thank you. And yes Aleeah is my real name, it's not spelt that way normally but I prefer it, it's more phonetic!!:wacko:

Bluestars - The waiting is sheer torture, it's so frustrating the symptoms for AF or BFP are the same. All I can do is pray for you and that's what I will do!:thumbup:

Lindsay - I'm sorry you're feeling the same way but in a way it's so nice to know you understand. We're all in a sad place really, as the innocence of being pregnant and having a baby has so cruelly been taken away from us forever. :hugs: I'm sure we'll get there in our own time. I'm doing the same as you, Folic Acid 5mg, Baby Aspirin and prenatals. My scan is at 8 weeks too mid-August. I really think you should ask about having your husband there, although my hubby was there for the scan he looked really happy, as he could see a tiny baby, sadly I could also see there was no heartbeat but he didn't realise there should be. It was sad, as I had to explain to him as the tech didn't but we're closer than ever, just wasn't our time then.

Thank you all, I don't know what I'd do without you, I would be broken still and probably for a lot longer if I didn't have your support. Love you girls so much!!! :blush: Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->