Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Lindsay, we plan on doing nothing Friday :)
Saturday we have a family thing which I am really dreading. It's his side, his twin nephews have a Bar Mitzva. I really don't feel like a family weekend.
So usually the first scans aren't until 10 weeks? I keep forgetting how different it is everywhere. I could not wait 10 weeks! I think the two things that helped me with these MC was that I saw them both on US- a HB and the sac, it made it much more real. I knew something was happening in there, but once you see it (even if it was already gone) it's like BAM, is all I can think of.

LL, I'm not sure how good it is these steady temps. I wish they would keep rising, I don't know what it means that they're so steady.
I do have AF cramps here and there, right now they feel like she's right around the corner. I had a horrible break out all over my face the other day and today thankfully it's almost all cleared up. Other than that nothing much.
Your weekend sounds wonderful! How are you doing with the TWW?

Is it the long weekend because of Labor day? We have a long weekend next week- holidays! I love September, we only work about 16 days :happydance: September and February- short month full pay!

I just searched around google. Lots of mixed opinions on flat temps post O. It might mean steady hormones.
I previously had 3 days of the same temps, but it was 6-8DPO, not much higher than right now. It was the cycle I was pregnant so FX!

I have a 40th birthday to attend on sat and working up until it. Might go see some of the girls tonight. Apart from that we are just having an easy weekend.

What sounds promising nina! Fingers crossed for your! Xxx

Nina, actually people only usually have one scan here... at 18 - 20 weeks!! Crazy eh? I still have no idea why I was sent for a 12 week scan last time... perhaps due to my medical history. I didn't ask because it was the last thing on my mind last time I was there. She said the earlier one this time would be for my sanity, lol. So, I actually have no idea if I get another one at 12 weeks... my guess is probably no but I will find out on the 12th.

I hope you're enjoying your relaxing friday and the event on saturday goes well :) Wow, I would love a 16 day work month! Hopefully for you the flat temps are a good sign!

Blue, sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned too :)

LL, Crys, how are you ladies doing this morning?

Aleeah, I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!!

Sounds like most of you have a fun weekend planned. Enjoy!

I am scheduled to work every weekend. It's a 2nd job to make extra money. It's contract work though,. I can just ask someone else to cover it if I don't want to work, so it's really easy to take the weekend off when I choose to.

Nina, I hope your weekend plans turn out to be more enjoyable than you are expecting. Where do you live? 16-day work month - I need to move there! :haha:

I had stable temps from 7-10 dpo when pregnant with my 4-year-old. Good luck!

Lindsay - Send that cool rainy weather here. I'll gladly give up my hot summer days. Lol! So ready for fall!

AFM - 5 dpo today. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.

Here you have a 12 week scan and a 20 and if i was to get pregnant then they said they would give me and early scan about 8-9 weeks. xxx

Nina - Yep, Labour day for us Canadians on Monday! :) Yay.

Wow, I'm hoping those steady temps are a good sign! I don't know what they mean either, but the fact that you had something similar the cycle you were pregnant sounds very promising! Woohoo! And the cramps are promising too. I've continued having my mild left-sided cramping but today I haven't felt anything yet. It might show up again a bit later, though.

I am doing pretty well for the TWW so far! I haven't been obsessing over it too much which is good. I'll probably start doing that about 7 DPO. :p

Your September sounds amazing! Only working 16 days with full pay would be SO great! Wow! Enjoy that time off!

I know what you mean about sometimes just NOT feeling like a family weekend. :S Good luck!

Also - here it is typical to always do a 12-week scan and a 20 week scan. If you have bleeding or other bad signs, they will get you in for an early scan ASAP.

Today when I put my temps into FF, it told me it was switching my ov day from CD12 to CD13. I completely disagree with this, so I checked the box to tell it to ignore today's temp. I think it was particularly high because I slept in til 10:00...so it won't hurt to trick FF this time. ;)

I don't have time to reply to everyone as I'm rushing out the door to meet my mom for that walk! Have a great day, everyone! I'll reply later.

Sounds like you have it all under control Lit!! Glad your two week wait is going well!!! fingers crossed xxxx

Yeah. Ovufriend first said I ovulated on CD9 because I had a late, sleep deprived temp, and I still had 3 more days of EWCM. It changed it after adding more temps. I've seen it mark O on the first high temp day for a lot of people. Not sure why it does that.

So OH decided to buy himself a sperm count test and tested at home. He has now totally convinced that he has a low sperm count and is stressing (which won't help) aaaargh!! Why did he do this its totally stressing out !!!! Not listening to a word I said ! Xxx

Oh no! I hope everything turns out okay and he doesn't stress too much. How reliable are those?

Crys, I would gladly send you some cool rainy weather! It's pretty much all we get from November to April... we have lots to spare, lol.

LL, that's funny how different the norms can be even within Canada. I think 18 - 20 weeks is way too long to wait, I'm not sure how people stay sane! I hope you're enjoying your day off and glad to hear you're not stressing too much about the 2WW.

Blue, how accurate are those tests? I don't know much about them. Hopefully you can help him stop stressing so much... in my experience, men like to take action to fix a problem (almost to a fault sometimes, lol), so maybe suggesting that he look into some vitamins that might help sperm count, or make an appointment with the doctor or something... that way he'd feel like he was doing something.

Blue - Oh no! That's too bad he's freaking out. I only just heard about those tests the other day. Maybe it's a better idea not to take them. :p I agree with Lindsay that guys like to "take action" so suggesting a vitamin might be a good thing. They say zinc is really good for men's fertility. And make sure he stays away from biking and letting those guys get too warm! ;) haha. I always ask my DH periodically, "You're making sure not to let them overheat, right?"

Crys - Ya, ovufriend is sometimes messed up. It is just a machine, after all. I think we're better at interpreting our *own* cycles. But oh well! (And I said FF before but I meant Ovufriend).

Lindsay - Yeah, that is weird that there is such variance even within Canada! I agree that 20 weeks is WAY too long to wait. I think I would go insane?

Oh no Blue! Why did he do that?! I don't think those things are reliable at all! If he wants to have a SA- only by a clinic. Those home tests are as bad as Dr. Google IMHO. Poor guy.
I make sure DH takes vitamins regularly, and also L-arginine, which is supposed to help sperm quality.

Argh, today when I put my temp in, Ovufriend changed my ov date to CD13 again! This is so annoying. I don't see a way I can keep tricking it so I guess I will leave it for now...but I do think I probably ovulated CD12. And I want to be 5DPO, not 4DPO, darnit! :p I suppose it's possible I ovulated early CD13, but I just don't think so. Why would my temp have gone up that day already, then? Oh well.

This time (well, until stupid ovufriend set me back a full day), I've felt like the TWW is going by so fast! I think the reason it feels so fast is I've realized I'm afraid of finding out either way. :S

a) If AF starts, I'll be devastated. I'll start panicking about our "timeline" and about never having a baby in my arms. Plus, I'll have AF, so I'll be miserable. :p

b) If I get a BFP, I'll be terrified. I'll be afraid to be excited, but wish I were more excited; I'll have to go to the lab way too often for bloodwork and urine tests and blah blah blah; I'll have to worry about something going wrong and not getting to the hospital in time to get my win rho shot, as I have a stupid negative blood type :(; I'll have to constantly have doubts about this pregnancy and whether it's going to last; I'll have to panic about every strange smell or possible chemical that is used at work that might harm my baby...the list goes on. Basically, I'll be in constant panic mode and I'll never be convinced that my baby is going to be okay until he/she is in my arms.

Lindsay, you are SO brave to be pregnant again. It seems so scary now. :(

How is everyone else doing today? It's always so quiet here on the weekends.

Nina - I hope today's temp on your chart is an implantation spike and you're on your way to a triphasic chart! :)

LL, sorry you're freaking out... I totally know the feeling. I am definitely not brave, just trying to take it one day at a time. The ultrasound tuesday helped, but now I am freaking out again. Yesterday evening I had a very small amount of dark red spotting, only when I wiped. Earlier in the day I had noticed what I thought was tan/brownish colour discharge, but I wasn't sure. Other than that, nothing has changed. Perhaps I had a tiny bit more cramping yesterday, but nothing out of the norm of what I've had over the last few weeks.

Of course, this happens friday evening of the long weekend so the doctors office is closed and I don't think this warrants a visit to emergency as things are right now. There has been no more spotting since the one occurrence of dark red, so for now my plan is to monitor very closely and try not to freak out too much. If any of you ladies have any words of advice, I would appreciate them :)

Oh, Lindsay, that is scary! :( I want to be encouraging but since my own experience with what you're describing had such a bad result, it is hard to know what to say.

I do know that things like these ALWAYS seem to happen during the weekend or when your stinkin doctor is on holidays (this happened to me...argh!). It is VERY frustrating. But try to hold on! I agree that there's no need to go to the hospital with this little spotting. Just continue monitoring and call your dr first thing on Tuesday morning! You sound like you have this under control and are trying to stay calm, so that's awesome!

I do know that there are MANY, MANY positive stories of women who have had bleeding while pregnant and everything turned out fine! My BFF's sister bled for a few weeks early on - and it was bright red and more than just spotting. She now has a beautiful 7 month old who is healthy as can be! Another friend had bleeding for her entire first trimester, and she has an adorable little 2-month-old right now!

Also... did you by any chance dtd in the last couple days? I've heard that can cause a small amount of spotting and that it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure you know that but just thought I'd throw that out there just in case.

:hugs: You can get through this! You saw your baby's heartbeat and once you have seen your baby's heartbeat your chance of something going wrong goes way down! You are healthy and young and have a very good chance of a healthy pregnancy this time. Try to hang in there!

Lindsay :hugs:
I know there's nothing I can say that will help you worry less, it stinks that we will always now fear the worst. But bleeding is common.
Are you drinking enough? Dehydration can cause some spotting as well.
:hugs:

IT says its 97% but im not convinced at all! Dont even think its right anyway! he has been taking vitamins since march. hes an idiot! still stressing about it!

Linds dont worry about it a lot of women get it at the beginning and all the way through. If keep an eye on it and on cramps and if your worried phone the doctors when you can or go to A&E. Try take your mind off it for the time being though. :flower:

Im fine working all week and again today and im knackered!!!! have a 40th to go to tonight and i really cannot be bothered!!! :sleep:

What are all you ladies doing tonight/ tomorrow?

How is everyone else? Aleeah ? Mrs A? London? xxx

I did get a major rise in temps today, but I slept crappy last night.
I woke up at about 4 and tossed and turned. Plus I had nausea and side pains. And I couldn't sleep on my stomache I feel back asleep at about 6 and woke up at 7 and took my temperature. So not sure how accurate todays temperature is.
Today was awful- body wise. Cramps, or side pains, whatever they are, went from one side to the other. I had nausea all through the morning, and my back started hurting in the afternoon. Plus I was dead tired from not sleeping at night.
I'm not sure if I'm bloated or I just ate a lot this weekend. My sides still hurt :(
I know these are all really good signs, but last month looked promising and we all know how that ended.
Yesterday I was talking with DH about how this new year (Hebrew new year starts Wednesday) all I want is a BFP. He told me he has a feeling this is the month. I just want this miserable year to end.
I'll be testing on Thursday, 11dpo. If I can wait that long ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->