Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Have you taken any more tests or frers?

It does matter honey if its getting you down then it matters a lot <3

I didn't test again. It will get me down either way, a chemical or a bad bunch, I'd rather just think they were bad and my body is fine. Going down the dumb road, I know.

I am still cramping like it's a pregnancy though. It's driving me crazy. Am I that pathetic to still have hope? Hey, you always hear of some crazy stories...

Going to IKEA tonight will make me feel SO much better. All I want to do is buy storage solutions! Making my living room more livable will definitely make me feel somewhat better.

Can I join ladies?

I had a D&C on Wednesday 24th July and still no AF , it's killing me waiting. I've had a lot of random spotting, mucus and cramps so I don't if or when I ovulated. So it's almost been 7 weeks.
Did anyone else's take so long? It's getting me down :cry:

Hi Missy, I'm so sorry for your loss <3
Have you had your bloods taken to make sure the HCG went down? Sometimes it takes a while. I got AF a week after they hit 0, no ovulation in between.
7 weeks is a while, I'm sure AF is right around the corner!

It's not a dumb thing at all nina I'd be doing the same!

And hope is certainly not a bad thing! I have hope for you!!

I don't get the cervix thing I can't tell where my cervix is tbh !!!

Ikea is great most of my house is furnished thanks to ikea haha! Xxx

Thank you and sorry for your losses too :hug:
No I haven't, I took a pregnancy test about 2/3 weeks ago and it was negative so would that mean they are at 0?
My doctor doesn't seem phased, she says it'll come soon. She said she doesn't want to induce AF as it will cause a hormone imbalance and the best thing is to wait for it to come naturally. I just want to be able to TTC !
2 weeks ago I had spotting and then fresh blood when I wiped for a few times that day. I think my body is just pretty messed up.
Sorry to jump in and vent straight away x

LL - My due date is May 21st.

I think I ovulate on my left side the most...at least that's the way it feels.

Lindsay - No, I haven't told DH yet. Trying to wait until I have a line he can see without his glasses. :haha: I'm glad you were able to rest up this weekend.

Nina - I'm so sorry you are feeling so low. I can see why you would want to take a break. Some swear that taking the pressure off gets you pg faster. I don't know if this will help any, but these stories are meant to give hope. I recently met a 44-year-old woman who tried and tried for over a year. She gave up, and they just continued without protection as she figured she couldn't get pregnant. 2 months later she got pregnant, and she is due to have her baby in a couple months. I met another who had 4 miscarriages before she conceived her take-home baby, still naturally. I hope you get the BFP for your take-home baby very very soon. :hugs:

Blue - Your temp went even lower. Hopefully O is right around the corner. Are you feeling better?

Aleeah - I hope your busy weekend was at least fun.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Missy. :hugs: I hope your body sorts itself out soon. Everyone is different. I O'd 2 weeks after my hCG hit 0.

Your daughter is adorable.

Thank you cryshae, sorry for your loss too :hugs:

I don't suppose you'd know if I'm testing negative on a hpt that means my hCG is at 0?
It's so frustrating. We've been given the go ahead to start TTC again but I just can't get into it with not knowing if or when I'm ovulating.

Thank you :flower: she's a cheeky monkey :kiss:

No it's still in my chest. But hopefully o will be today or tomorrow!

Sorry for your loss missy! Have u been testing to see if you have o'd again even without a period? Hope it regulates out soon ! Must be soo frustrating! Xxx

Thank you bluestars, sorry for your loss too :hugs:

No I didn't test as we decide not to BD unprotected (we have 4 times and will continue now we've had the go ahead from the doctor) until AF showed. It's very frustrating, all I want is to try again and have my rainbow baby.
Wow I seem like a right moaning moo. Sorry ladies x

I've heard of woman testing out their hCG. My doctor tested mine. Of course, if a test is sensitive to 10 or 20, then it is a possibility, hCG could be lingering under that level.

Since you received a negative 2-3 weeks ago, maybe it went to 0 then or soon after and you'll be ovulating before you get AF... These are just guesses of course.

Thank you and sorry for your losses too :hug:
No I haven't, I took a pregnancy test about 2/3 weeks ago and it was negative so would that mean they are at 0?
My doctor doesn't seem phased, she says it'll come soon. She said she doesn't want to induce AF as it will cause a hormone imbalance and the best thing is to wait for it to come naturally. I just want to be able to TTC !
2 weeks ago I had spotting and then fresh blood when I wiped for a few times that day. I think my body is just pretty messed up.
Sorry to jump in and vent straight away x

Vent away Love :hugs:
My advice is to just try and relax your first cycle before AF. The craziness will come after :hugs:

^^ What she said. That's what we're here for.

Blue - Are you taking anything to loosen the gunk in your chest?

Thanks girls. Just feeling all the emotions tonight.

If I've no AF by next week I might get a second opinion. Do you know if any ladies on this thread have waited longer than 7 weeks for AF?

Thanks girls. Just feeling all the emotions tonight.

If I've no AF by next week I might get a second opinion. Do you know if any ladies on this thread have waited longer than 7 weeks for AF?

I know it can come up to 8 weeks afterwards, but it's always good to get another opinion.
If there's nothing hormonally wrong, I'd go with the wait it out, as hard as that sounds. Our bodies are so amazing, they seem to know how to reboot at just the right time.
Did you have any problems before- longer cycles/luteal phase etc? Are you temping, or using OPK?
(I'm nosey)

I agree with nina! (She's always full of useful advice!)

No not taking anything to loosen it not taking anything other than vitamins and metaformin. Hate taking things for anything! Lol inhalers for my asthma too. Been drinking a lot of honey and cinnamon tea lol xxx

On another note I'm pretty sure I might be o'ing dull pains in ovary area! (Right side) not as painful as last month. Xxx

Nina, sorry to hear you're feeling so down hun :hugs: I know it probably just sounds like empty words but I am sure you are going to get a bfp, and your take home baby, soon! If you feel like you need a break, maybe try a month of ntnp? I've heard of lots of ladies who have been trying for a while and then as soon as they ntnp, they get pregnant, so you never know ;) Facebook can be tough. I find I'm not on there nearly as much as I used to be.... seems that all I see are pregnancy announcements, ultrasound pics, or baby pics. Get's a little much sometimes! Enjoy IKEA tonight! Shopping is good therapy :)

Missy, of course you are welcome :) Sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: I too, was told that it could take up to 8 weeks for AF to come after my D&C. In my case it took about 5 weeks but I know there's a lot of variation. Hopefully AF is right around the corner for you! Maybe your spotting was ovulation? I spotted when I ovulated the first cycle after m/. Anyway, vent away hun, that's what we're here for :)

Blue, that's good news about the ovulation pain!! I hope you catch the egg!!

Crys and Aleeah, how are you ladies doing?

Helllo Ladies,

I'm back, sorry, I feel really guilty not being able to get on here much. But I'm so busy with work and weekend was jam packed with family and friends. I'm working with a new online system at work and it's so 'big' other websites crash out, including BnB, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post the coming weeks, sorry.

Literati - Going over old posts. So I too ovulated from the right side both months I was pregnant this year. That meant I ovulated right side back to back. I know this, as the scans showed the side. So that would fit your theory but I've no idea how often I ovulate from either side or which side I ovulated from when I got previous BFPs.

Crysshae - A beautiful BFP for a beautiful lady!! Am so pleased for you, excited and ecstatic!! Can't wait to see your updates showing the test line getting darker!! So how are your symptoms now??:happydance:

Nina - I'm so sorry you're having a hard time :hugs:. It's really hard seeing other people, especially on things like Facebook etc getting their BFPs and it's impossible not to feel left out. I understand your pain. I'm not on Facebook, as just never jumped on the band wagon but it's hard to see people falling pregnant literally everywhere around you too. You've just got to remain positive and KNOW this will happen for you, I've no doubt. The others may be right, maybe ntnp might help? I'm sure you'll still know when you ovulate because of ovulation pain etc but at least you'll feel less stressed and you can still catch the egg, so not wasted months either?:flower:

Lindsay - I'm glad you're taking it easy, you really should be. It'll help the little bean. Can't wait for your next scan, I hope they do give you a 12 week scan so we can see little bean progressing and turning into a little baby! Hope the nausea has subsided and you're starting to enjoy the pregnancy?:thumbup:

MissyMoo88 - I'm so sorry you've found yourself here, so sorry for your loss. I had a natural miscarriage back in May this year and still hadn't had AF 7 weeks after the m/c (passing the sac) but then suspected I ovulated week 8. I actually caught again that ovulation and fell pregnant with identical twins, unfortunately only to have a mmc again and a D&C 2 weeks ago. So based on if I hadn't falled pregnant again, I'd have had my period 10 weeks after my miscarriage. It's an excruciatingly long time to wait I know, I was ok until 7 weeks and then I started really freaking out. I went to the doctors at 7 weeks with no AF and was told I wouldn't get referred until it had been 12 weeks as my doctor, like yours, didn't want to give me anything due to hormone inbalance.

It'll happen. No amount of people telling me this helped me, it's impossible to move on unless your body moves on with you and so it's hard, so hard when AF doesn't show. My honest advice, stop worrying about it (I know easier said than done) but try and relax, I spent a weekend pampering myself and shopping and not researching or anything and lo and behold I ovulated. I feel bad for you, I know how hard it is but I also want to reassure you it happened for me, it will happen for you too xxx

Blue - I hope you feel better? Bummer you started feeling ill so close to ovulation, my advice, do the deed anyway!! I know it's not easy, it's all gross when you're sweaty ill etc but do it anyway! We did in April this year when I had the flu and got a BFP..! We laughed it must been made out of snot!!:haha: But your body may delay ovulation because you're ill but will hopefully still do it. Have you managed to get much baby dancing in (sorry if you've already said)?

I'm still ok ladies, waiting on test results for my blood tests (Friday and today). And was asked to repeat the urine test, as it was inconclusive?! It wasn't an easy weekend with famly, everyone telling me it'll happen and the doctors are over reacting.... almost led me to want to try again now..... I know that's wrong and I've been told our chance of a healthy baby is so slim now without intervention but I think I might ovulate soon anyway and it's killing me to think we'll miss out. Hubby is obviously all for trying this month but I'm still confused.... HELP!!!

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->