Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

What is the ring test?

Last time I was very sure it was a boy... this time I don't really have any strong feelings either way, but if I had to guess, I would guess girl.

After the baby is big enough to hear the heartbeat on Doppler, you can hang a gold ring from a piece of thread in front of where the heartbeat was found. If the ring goes in a circle, it's a girl. If the ring goes side to side, it's a boy.

This works on adults/kids too. Hang the ring in front of your heart and your husband'as heart, and you can see it work.

Remember, if your placenta is anterior, it can pick up your heartbeat instead of the baby when the baby is small.

Crys, that's cool! I'll give it a try in a couple weeks or so, although I have no idea where the placenta is.

I am torn on prenatal tests because I would never, ever in a million years choose to end my baby's life, no matter what was wrong with him/her. Some people would like to know in advance just to prepare themselves, but I feel like it could cause unnecessary worry since it can't really say for sure, and I want to be as blissful and happy for my pregnancy as possible! So I think that's why I would choose not to get them. Would definitely NEVER get an amnio.

Blue - Same! I would be happy even with a downs baby! And they are sooo cute, really.

I'm dying to hear what the pee stick said?

Linds - Thanks! Hopefully I'll be going on about my pregnancy very soon! ;) Hopefully we all will! I definitely want to know the gender of my baby! I am way too excited to buy gender-specific clothes and decorations for the baby room! :) (Plus...SHHH...if I was having a boy I would want to wrap my head around this before he arrived).

AFM - My pre-seed and cheapie HPTs arrived in the mail today, which made me realize that I should have ordered opks! I'm such a dummy! Now I'm not sure if I should order them for next cycle just in case? I'm tired of spending so much on the drugstore ones, but now I'd have to make another $15 order if I wanted free shipping anyway, so to be worth it I'd have to use them for a couple months...which I am hoping I won't need! Eeek.

I had a bit more ewcm today. I feel like my CM quality is still down since the m/c. (Besides my first ov before AF had arrived yet, which was plentiful). I am feeling sort of down now, like maybe I'm not very fertile anymore. Sigh.

Ok - so my opk just has a FAINT line. Now, I assume that means I'll get my positive tomorrow, but I'm worried maybe I already missed my surge, or maybe I just have really diluted urine?

My temps today are no indication. I told OF to ignore them because they went way up this morning...but that's only because I got up an hour before I temped, and then I only slept about 20 minutes before my alarm...then dh started cuddling me and generally really annoying me and I got really annoyed and BOILING HOT before I temped. So...that was a bad one. So now I'm confused!

LL, these prenatal tests also check for chromosome/genetic disorders.
I hope to never ever be in the position where I'd have to make the hardest decision of my life, but I see it as something I can do to just know.
Because I've already had 2 miscarriages and am freaking out it may be something genetic, having these blood tests can ease my mind a bit right off instead of waiting for a later scan.
I always thought we'd be more laid back when pregnant, but now I'll be extreme. Not allowed to do that? I won't. Eat this? Nope, not going near it. I never thought I'd say yes to extra blood tests, but if it would calm my nerves, even a bit, I guess. I don't know, it's just taking so long and such a hard time to actually keep a baby- I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize it. Not that I believe drinking wine will cause a miscarriage, it's just something went bezerk in my head.

LL, I wouldn't worry about your temps, they probably did shoot up because of your sleep.
Maybe your body is picking up on the wedding, and giving you more time ;)

my CM pretty much dried up after MC. I had serious EWCM right after (before AF) and then the cycle after a little bit, but since then... Right now I'm pretty dry. I ordered preseed, but it'll probably arrive Monday :wacko:
I got a darker OPK yesterday, I'm guessing tomorrow will be +OPK.

I got my blood results back today. They showed i didnt actuslly release an egg so im deffo out this month. Just feel i have wasted my preseed and bding !! Now have to get more bloodsnext month to see if i release an egg then.... Is it bad to say i wish i dont noe so that they can give me something to make me release a nice big sticky one ?

Its kind of put a huge dampner on my weekend. Least i dont have to waste any more tests... This really sucks :'( xxxx

Blue, I'm sorry <3
It's not bad of you to say that, but I really hope you won't need to take anything. I know there's nothing wrong with taking anything- but sometimes it takes it's toll on your body and cycles. I hope you get your sticky bean next cycles ((hugs))

Can I ask which tests you did?

Full hormone count. Doc didn't read out exact levels just told me that I didn't release an egg! I will go in and see him at some point. I didn't ask any more questions just feel like a complete failure today. Just having bursts of tears. Can't even give my OH a baby.

Also after dinner last night we where told by a 'friend' that we must not have wanted our sons otherwise they would be here and they tried 'everything' to have their baby and now have a son with Ivf. He doesn't even go home after his work to his son. Goes straight to the pub everyday. He doesn't get up during the night because he's too drunk and leaves his wife alone everyday all the time. I have done more for his wife and baby than he has done. I came straight home and to bed. I couldn't believe my ears. Soo upset and then wake up this morning with aPhone call from my doc to say this.

:'( xxxx

I'm so sorry, Blue. Looking at the positive...You know you do ovulate. You've been pregnant before. Something may have been whacky this cycle, but also everyone has an anovulatory cycle here and there, once or twice a year even. I'm curious if you asked them why your chart shows you ovulated this month? You've mentioned not having the symptoms this month like you usually do, so that probably proves you ovulate the other months and this one is just anovulatory. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

As for what that "so-called friend" said, you just said it yourself. He's a drunk and doesn't even go home to his baby. And I say he's not a friend at all, or a husband or father it sounds like for that matter. What a terribly pathetic, disgraceful thing to say. I so want to punch him in the face right now!!! Ugh!

I know. I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind. :( both things. It's not so easy when I now feel like shit. I wanted to punch his face too. But I just went home xxx

Nina - I completely understand why you would want to do the tests and even why it might be reassuring for you! I am still torn, but those were just my reasons why I still might not get the tests. It makes total sense that you would want to know if there were any genetic/chromosomal abnormalities.

I totally agree that I will now be the LEAST laid back pregnant person ever. I will be avoiding EVERYTHING that they say *could* possibly be slightly harmful for you! The girl at work who's pregnant (who ignored my safety concern :() has no worries in the world and isn't following most of the guidelines at all. She thinks I should just not worry about things and it doesn't really matter. Well, it DOES matter and she is just lucky enough that things are all going peachy for her. But I will be the biggest extremist there ever was when it comes to keeping my baby safe! So we can be very intense pregnant people together. ;)

And, maybe you're right! I hope my body is just making sure I don't miss O because of the wedding. ;) My temps went back down today so I do think they were definitely way messed up yesterday! Since I had my dip today, I expect they might go up tomorrow! How exciting! :)

My experience with CM has been the exact same. I had tons of EWCM right after the m/c before AF, just like you, but since then it's been very dry. Even though I've had a couple measly patches in the early afternoon, by the time we actually BD I am dry as the desert! :haha: That is why I'm glad more pre-seed arrived yesterday because we've already almost used up the other tube! It's too bad your pre-seed couldn't have arrived sooner! Hopefully you won't even need it for next cycle! Keep me posted on your OPK! I will be testing shortly and let you know if I get a positive!

Blue - Oh no! :( I am so sorry! That must be such disappointing and disconcerting news to have not released an egg! It is especially confusing since your chart definitely looks like you did (this also makes me paranoid about my own charts - but this is not about me!). I think Crys is right in that you most likely ovulate most months and this was just your anovulatory month. But of course I understand that you might hope they put you on meds so that you can get a really good one. Makes total sense! I am sure you don't want to just wait around for your body to regulate itself...You want this baby NOW! I am so sorry that you're out for this month and can imagine you must be very stressed and disheartened. :hugs:

Also, what your 'friend' said was totally idiotic, insensitive, and horrible. You are doing MUCH more for your family than he is. You are doing everything in your power to make a baby! And when you do, you're going to be an AMAZING mom who is actually there for her child and not out drinking every night!

How is everyone else today?

+OPK for me!!!!:happydance: If we BD late tonight, timing should be perfect if I ov tomorrow early AM!

+OPK for me!!!!:happydance: If we BD late tonight, timing should be perfect if I ov tomorrow early AM!

+OPK for me too! we are true buddy cycles ;)
I got a faint this morning. While driving home this afternoon I got a feeling
so tested with CB and got a smiley! dippie was still almost positive though.
We DTD yesterday morning so it was about 30 hours apart.
I'm a bit worried now though, that we maybe DTD too early? I mean, if I get another positive tomorrow morning and don't ovulate until tomorrow afternoon...
We'll be at it again tomorrow after work, hopefully I won't miss it. Ugh. Why do I over think everything?!
I do however have a good feeling about this cycle. Positive thinking!

Full hormone count. Doc didn't read out exact levels just told me that I didn't release an egg! I will go in and see him at some point. I didn't ask any more questions just feel like a complete failure today. Just having bursts of tears. Can't even give my OH a baby.

Also after dinner last night we where told by a 'friend' that we must not have wanted our sons otherwise they would be here and they tried 'everything' to have their baby and now have a son with Ivf. He doesn't even go home after his work to his son. Goes straight to the pub everyday. He doesn't get up during the night because he's too drunk and leaves his wife alone everyday all the time. I have done more for his wife and baby than he has done. I came straight home and to bed. I couldn't believe my ears. Soo upset and then wake up this morning with aPhone call from my doc to say this.

:'( xxxx

Blue, that's horrible to say. What kind of parent would ever say that? Really, only a cruel person would say that. Steer away from him, you do not need that negativity! I'm shocked at people sometimes, really.
I'm sorry you had to go through that :hugs:
You're not a failure <3 Some cycle are just annvulatory. If this is a reoccurring problem- it's good you found out now to do something about it. Are you going to have bloods next cycle as well? I'm sure this was just a one time.

Yay, cycle buddies! That is so great that we're so in sync this time! It's almost like how when women are around each other in RL and their cycles sync up...Somehow our cycles have synced up just from talking so much! ;)

Is there a reason you aren't DTD tonight? Either way, I don't think you'll miss it! If you did O tomorrow afternoon, then the egg would still be around for tomorrow after work's session...and if you O in the morning, then your BD session from yesterday morning would definitely be sufficient time. I know - I do the exact same thing with my BD timing! I get so obsessed and think if we don't get it within a few hours, that we're going to miss it! But we have SO many spermies just swimming around up there waiting to catch that egg. I'm sure it will be fine!

I am feeling fairly positive about this month as well! I've had slight ovulation pain for 3 days already so I'm hoping it's time for a mammoth egg. ;)

Yay, cycle buddies! That is so great that we're so in sync this time! It's almost like how when women are around each other in RL and their cycles sync up...Somehow our cycles have synced up just from talking so much! ;)

Is there a reason you aren't DTD tonight? Either way, I don't think you'll miss it! If you did O tomorrow afternoon, then the egg would still be around for tomorrow after work's session...and if you O in the morning, then your BD session from yesterday morning would definitely be sufficient time. I know - I do the exact same thing with my BD timing! I get so obsessed and think if we don't get it within a few hours, that we're going to miss it! But we have SO many spermies just swimming around up there waiting to catch that egg. I'm sure it will be fine!

I am feeling fairly positive about this month as well! I've had slight ovulation pain for 3 days already so I'm hoping it's time for a mammoth egg. ;)

Yeah, I forgot to mention that right after the +OPK we BD. I'm just worried it was too soon.
After the beginning of the weeks extreme cramping, I've been having some on and off. Mostly on my left side which is a new for me. I've just had both hands on my lower stomach sending good thoughts and reiki. Maybe it'll help everything down there. I did it previous cycle I got pregnant, so I'm sure good positive thoughts only help.

I think your timing will be perfect, then! It is still going to give time for the sperm to regenerate, and there will DEFINITELY be a whole lot of healthy sperm in there when the egg drops!

Positive thoughts definitely never hurt! I often put my hands on my lower stomach and pray to get pregnant. :) I am really hoping all goes well this time for both of us! I think I am going to ovulate on the right side this month (YAY for me!) but I can't tell for sure because I won't get more localized pain until I actually ovulate.

LL, that's why I was torn on the prenatal screening too. If the results are low risk, I will be relieved and glad I did it, but if they are high risk then it's another thing to worry about. Great news about the positive OPK though!! Looks like your BD schedule will be perfect timing :) I hope you have a good time at the wedding today!

I had similar issues with CM after the m/c too. Lots and lots of EWCM before my first AF, and then very little my first proper cycle - but we did get pregnant that cycle so apparently it wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe it was all just staying up where it was needed, or maybe the preseed helped, who knows.

Nina, I'm definitely not a laid back pregnant person this time either, lol. I think when you know what can happen, it makes you more paranoid... at least it does for me. A couple of my friends have said things like "oh, don't worry, you can have a bite, it'll be fine" and they think I'm being kind of uptight.... but the way I see it, why risk it if you don't have to. Yay for a positive OPK for you too!! Sounds like your BD schedule is also perfect :) I hope you and LL catch your eggs this month.

Blue, I'm really sorry to hear your news :hugs: You are definitely not a failure though, please try not to think like that! As Crys said, maybe it's just an anovulatory cycle. You should take your charts in when you go and see the doctor and see if he has any ideas why your chart would show an ovulatory pattern if you're not ovulating. Also, does it make a difference that you ovulate a little later than the "average" CD14? Hang in there hun, at least there are meds to help you ovulate if you need them. I want to punch your so called "friend" too... what an awful thing to say to someone!!! :hugs: You are, and have been, doing everything you can and when the time is right you will make a wonderful mother to a very lucky child (or children :) ).

How is everyone's weekend going?

As for me, just having a quiet day. We went out for brunch with my parents this morning and now just being lazy around the house. I'm feeling kinda grumpy and finding everything hubby does rather irritating... poor guy, I keep apologising, lol. I think it's fairly safe to say that my spotting has now stopped though. I've had about 4 days with nothing (just the normal yellow cm) so quite happy about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->