Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

LL - probably for the best really, they're my personal downfall. The word 'mini' negates all calorific content. I just dyed mine straight after AF, I had terrible roots after the pg. I don't think it'd be that bad in the tww. They say the same about accidental pregs don't they, when women get worried about a night out drinking etc - that it's unlikely to have much or any effect so early on.

Slg - sorry to see you're in this situation, mine was an early mc so i'm unlikely to be of help. In any case, I hope things get moving soon for you. x

Teacup - sorry for what you've gone through - opk's aren't really very accurate early on i found, I got a lot of positives up to 2 weeks after, I wasn't charting then so no idea if O happened then or not. Any residual HCG messes about with the results. x

Slg and Teacup - I'm so sorry for your losses.

Slg - My MCs were early, and my first symptom was bleeding both times, so I have no advice for you.

Tea - My hCG was 15 five days after the bleeding started. It had dropped about 15 points per day, so probably 0 the next day or so. I ovulated 15 days after the day it was 15. I usually ovulate between CD13 and 14.

I hope you are all doing well today.

teacup...just a heads up in case you don't know...HCG will turn an OPK positive.

Linny - yum, well they sound good! Ya, I think I'm going to go ahead with the hair appt. there is a good chance I won't have even ovulated yet and I need to keep living my life. If there was a chance I would have implanted by then, I wouldn't do it but I think it should be fine.

How is everyone today ?

Nina - how are you holding up? Are you going to change your BD plan at all this month?

Lindsay - excited for the long weekend?

Crys - any weekend plans?

Blue - any symptom spotting yet?

Slg and teacup - :hugs:

Teacup - sorry for what you've gone through - opk's aren't really very accurate early on i found, I got a lot of positives up to 2 weeks after, I wasn't charting then so no idea if O happened then or not. Any residual HCG messes about with the results. x

Slg and Teacup - I'm so sorry for your losses.

Tea - My hCG was 15 five days after the bleeding started. It had dropped about 15 points per day, so probably 0 the next day or so. I ovulated 15 days after the day it was 15. I usually ovulate between CD13 and 14.

I hope you are all doing well today.

teacup...just a heads up in case you don't know...HCG will turn an OPK positive.

Thanks Linny, Crysshae, and Slg! xxx I had a negative pregnancy test when I went for my second scan on the 4th October (to check everything had gone) but I had been drinking a lot of water in preparation for the scan, so the urine sample was very dilute. I think that my hCG started to go down before I even knew I was miscarrying, I lost all my symptoms early on, so there probably isn't much hCG left in my system. I'll keep testing with my opks and just see what happens. Will try to BD every other day to cover all goal posts - although OH is always tired from work at the mo!

I haven't had my usual tender boobs after ovulation, so I'm guessing it's unlikely I ovulated on cd 10.

Got a letter from my doctors surgery today advising me to get my pregnancy flu jab! :dohh:

LL, glad you're going to go for your hair appointment :) Who knows, it may be the last time you can dye it in a while! Yep, I am looking forward to the long weekend! How about you? I haven't scheduled much for work today so it can almost feel like an even longer weekend, haha.

Slg, welcome and I'm sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: I can't really help either as I had a D&C... doctor recommended it due to being 12 weeks along. I think ice cream will definitely help though, a nice big bowl, perhaps repeated once or twice daily ;)

Teacup, welcome and I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well :hugs: Not sure about the OPK's, but I would say you should probably keep testing just in case you get another positive later. Hormones can go a little wild after a m/c! I ovulated late after my m/c.... I think it took 2 - 3 weeks for my hcg to go down.

How is everyone else doing today?

Lindsay - that's what I'm hoping! ;) I haven't dyed my hair since last winter and I won't mind at all if I can't dye it for another 9 months even but it could really use a spruce right now!

That is amazing that you're self-employed so can just schedule less on days like these. I hope it does feel like an extra long weekend for you! One of my sweet coworkers brought me a Starbucks and I am kind of taking it easy at work today to get into the holiday spirit. ;)
I can't believe you're nearly 15 weeks already! Will you get a gender scan at 20 weeks? You are so far along. I am so happy for you!

Lindsay - that's what I'm hoping! ;) I haven't dyed my hair since last winter and I won't mind at all if I can't dye it for another 9 months even but it could really use a spruce right now!

That is amazing that you're self-employed so can just schedule less on days like these. I hope it does feel like an extra long weekend for you! One of my sweet coworkers brought me a Starbucks and I am kind of taking it easy at work today to get into the holiday spirit. ;)
I can't believe you're nearly 15 weeks already! Will you get a gender scan at 20 weeks? You are so far along. I am so happy for you!

I heard that getting highlights/low lights is okay in a salon because the dye doesn't touch your scalp? But I think having your hair dyed when ttc is probably fine! I know that my SIL had her hair highlighted throughout her whole pregnancy and had no issues. :thumbup: xx

LL, I'm hoping that for you too!! I need a haircut as well... it's been a long time and I'm getting tired of having it up in a ponytail all the time, lol.

Yeah, I really enjoy being self-employed and I think it would be very hard for me to go back to a 9 -5 type job at this point. I love the flexibility and I think I've become a little spoiled, haha. I will have a 20 week anatomy scan (hasn't been booked yet) and I'm pretty sure I want to find out the gender at that point. Although I know they won't tell us at the scan, we will have to wait until the next doctors appointment. Hubby is leaving it up to me to decide, but did say last time that he thought knowing the gender would help him to feel more attached to the baby before it's born.

Teacup - ya, I probably won't dye it or do highlights at all while pregnant or at least until the third trimester, but I really think it should be fine around ovulation. I just get a semi- permanent done anyway so I've heard those are less harsh. It is not even proven that hair dye has any effect during pregnancy anyway. I just want to play it safe!

Lindsay - that sounds like a valid reason for your hubby wanting to know the gender, but it is nice he is leaving it up to you. It seems everyone is happy with their decision whether they decide to find out he gender or not. Personally, I would go too crazy not knowing and would love to buy gender-appropriate items long before the baby arrives. But some people love the surprise of waiting to find out! Do you have names picked out yet?

Linds I liked finding out so I could stop calling it it or whatever ! I felt more attatched I think I would find out again!

Haven't caught up with everyone's posts yet. Lost myself a bit... I got another opk today which has totally confused me ! Slight dip but I really want to have o'd on cd 13... Grrr... No no symptom spotting get as I'm totally lost in where I am haha... Dont really feel up for BDing again anymore tis cycle... Bad I know ! Try once tonight and then I'm off it I think.

Bluuuurgh!

Aleeah how are you ? Any clearer?
Nina how are you honey missing our posts honey!

How's everyone ? Xxx

lindsey, I found out at 14 weeks that my baby was a girl. I'm such a control freak and a planner that there is no way I could have waited. It was nice to know as then she felt more of her own person and we named her. I will find out again for sure.

I've heard other people say that they don't get scan results at the actual scan. That is so weird to me! During my 20 week scan I asked about 20 questions and the lady pointed everything out to me and explained what she was looking at. The other scans were done by my doctor in her office so she also talked about what she was looking at.

Husband has a few extra days off coming up. Maybe good timing if my body will hurry up and get this mc over with while he is home.

LL, we don't have names picked out yet. We've got a few ideas but haven't thought too much about it yet. Hubby is currently referring to baby as "rainbow" because he saw someone named Rainbow on the credits of a tv show and thought it was funny, lol. Do you have any names picked out for your future baby?

Blue, I hope you ovulate soon so you can take a break from BDing! It does get exhausting after a while when ttcing. You ladies are making me want to find out gender with all this talk, lol.

Slg, hopefully the m/c will happen soon. It feels really weird saying that but I can imagine the waiting is very hard!

The reason they don't tell is because it's just a tech doing the scan and they are not allowed to give you any info. At my 8 week scan they wouldn't even tell us the heartrate or CRL... we had to wait for the doctors appointment for that. In fact they don't even let you look at the screen until they're done all their measurements. I would much rather have ultrasounds done at the doctors office because they can tell you right away how things are... none of this waiting business! Since the m/c I have developed major ultrasound anxiety, lol.

It's soo different here. It's the people that do that scans that tell you everything... I don't see the difference the tech telling you or telling the doctor. I would rather here from the person who did it lol.

We called our bump Bow because we thought it was rather unisex before finding out the sex. Lol "how is bow bow" because there a surprise two haha!

OH at work delivering things to medical center this morning and I took my friends kids to the doctor and he walks in and says! 'You look hellishly tired' I've had a full night sleep and feel a tad tired... Is it sad that I actually feel happy he said that?

Last time I found out I was pregnant was because I was so 'hellishly tired' ... Any other man would get a kick up the bum for that! But to me I felt a tad hopeful! Haha... Sad I know... Still no crosshairs on my chart do I think ff is just as confused as I am. Ended up not BDing last night is I didn't have Ewcm so don't think to bother... Maybe a mistake but we shall see.

How is everyone else this morning? Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend?

Slg how are you getting on? Hope your ok :hugs:

Xxxx

Blue - did you BD at all between cd 14-16? If you did I'm sure it is fine if you didn't last night if that's when you ended up ovulating.
That is funny but understandable that you were happy that he said you looked so tired. Hopefully it is a very good sign!!!!

Lindsay - haha, that's funny your husband calls the baby rainbow. We do have our exact names picked out, including middle names, for if it is a boy or a girl. I am one of those annoying people who won't share my names at all cost until the baby has been born... But ALL the men in dh's family have the middle name 'James' after his great- grandfather, so we are supposed to give all our boys the middle name of James. I am not a fan of the name James and I also dislike the thought of multiple children having the same middle name, but I told DH it was fine as long as we could give our boy *two* middle names. So our first son (if we have one) will have another middle name that will be the same as my late grandfather. And the combo of the 3 names Ithink sounds quite sharp together. ;) Our girl name has no relation to any relative's name but I am excited to use it!

For our ultrasounds it depends where you go. When I was in the hospital an ultrasound tech did it and we had to wait for a doctor to tell us any info. When I went for another one after the fact, it was a different location and an actual doctor did the ultrasound so she was allowed to say something, but my doctor still followed up with my results as well.

Slg - I do hope you can get the m/c "over with" so you can move on. :hugs:

Nina - we miss you!

AFM - I had another dream I was pregnant. This was in present day so I was super confused that the hospital told me I was pregnant since I am just finishing AF. Honestly, when I woke up I was half-tempted to POAS! :haha:

Literati-All the women in my family have the same middle name, including me. Lynn. It's a fine name but it doesn't really mean anything to me and I decided not to use it for my daughter. I named her Emily Arlene (Arlene is her grandmothers middle name on my husbands side). I got very little grief about it surprisingly. And, I'm happy that I went with what felt right to me. Haven't even thought about names for #2. We had a hard time agreeing on boy names with #1.

I understand that techs can't give medical information but boy would I hate to be in the room and not know what was going on.

Speaking on not knowing what is going on....what the heck is my body doing??? I had period-like cramps for about a week, really terrible cramps three nights ago, and now almost nothing. And, not even a spot of blood yet. Come on body, get it together!!!

Slg did you say that your waiting on mc or AF? I'm sorry I get lost easily.

Lit I did bd 14 and 15 but not 16 though I have basically have convinced myself that I BD'd on cd 13 or 14 and if I didn't I don't think I o'd at all because I had not cramps at the second temp dip so I don't know. Lol

How was everyone's weekend? Xxx

Hi Bluestar. I'm still waiting on the mc bleed. The more I've been thinking about it, I'm thinking I may have my doctor do an aspiration this week. It's time to move on.

Was it a scan that determined the mc?

Did they npt offer you this before?
So sorry you have to go through this xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back