Waiting for AF or BFP

EmmySocks

Reaction score
So this is my first 2ww. I wasn't going to even consider myself in this month as it's my first cycle off bc. We dtd most days, at least every other day, but i'm not sure if/ when i ovulated which isn't particularly useful, so i was sort of thinking no chance. and now i've starting symptom spotting. even though i said i wouldn't. :dohh:

So i'm sort of waiting to see if af arrives on time (which would be lovely because hopefully indicates my cycle is back to normal!) or if af doesn't arrive i'd better be pregnant because it'll be a nightmare ttc with a messed up cycle. So fingers crossed for af or bfp next week!

oh yeah that's the other thing - af should be due 17th/ 18th so i've not done too badly holding out this long.

Would love to hear from anyone else also waiting - especially if it's your first wait or you're waiting to find out whether you have a messed up cycle after bc.

It might also be useful for me to keep a record of my symptoms and i can look at it next month and try to work out what's going on

This is my first cycle TTC#2 after coming off the pill. I'm 9dpo, with AF due on the 17th. I'm hoping my cycle isn't too messed up from the pill, it wasn't last time.

AH cool - we're due af the same day too! How's your cycle been so far? I'm really not sure if/when i ovulated, it was a slightly different cycle to what i would usually have. I'm having some very strange symptoms but it could just be because it's my first cycle off bc in 6 years.

Will you test right away or wait? i'm thinking to test if i get to a week late but might cave...

So far it's been normal. I ovulated on the August 3rd/cycle day 14. I'm going to test Friday or Saturday, simply because I'm not patient enough to wait for AF. :haha:
But I hope my cycle doesn't change too much next month if AF shows up.

Hey guys :) if it helps at all... I got off BC and got pregnant with my now 4 year old son in that first month so it is definitely possible. FX for BFP for you ;)

Thanks,emandwysmom

Emmysocks, what symptoms are you having? I have fuller boobs and their sore on the sides, feeling on pinching the right side, feel heavy in my lower abdomen and an occasional metallic taste in my mouth.

Hey guys :) if it helps at all... I got off BC and got pregnant with my now 4 year old son in that first month so it is definitely possible. FX for BFP for you ;)

My hubby and I just decided to start TTC #1 in late July, I've been told in the past that it will be hard/impossible for me to conceive, with that realization I expected absolutely nothing this month. And I haven't started tracking my ovulation date because we just decided, and I figured I would have time TO track however, I suspect I ovulated on August 3rd, if I am correct I started showing symptoms immediately. See below for list by day:

Aug 4th - nauseous, sent home from work because of the smell of Bacon (seriously? since when does bacon smell BAD??)

Aug 5th - nauseous, warm (I am usually ALWAYS cold)

Aug 6th - nauseous, tugs in the uterus, warm

Aug 7th - nauseous and breast tenderness , warm

Aug 8th - nauseous and breast tenderness, 3 hour nap, and a jar of olives (yes olives) and I HATE olives....

Aug 9th - nauseous and breast tenderness

Aug 10th - nauseous and breast tenderness, tugs in the uterus, warm, slept for 10 hours

Aug 11th - nausea so bad I was sent home, again (went to get blood work done because at this point I've had 6 negative HPT's), random crying

Aug 12th - nausea, snacking, breast tenderness, tugs in the uterus, sore throat

I don't know if you can have symptoms the day after, but it's not something I was expecting, so it's not in my head, and if it's work stress, then I don't think it would just show up, and I don't think I'd have half these symptoms, if I'm sick wouldn't it be more serious if I've been nauseous for a week and a half? I did have heat exhaustion the 2nd, but that wouldn't last this long right?

Wow - i havent got a record that detailed. I've just jotted down notes - started feeling symptoms the weekend just gone...
really dry/ sore mouth (dont know if thats a symptom but its unusual)
V light bubbly feeling in abdominals ( thought i might be start of a sickness bug but never progressed) also feeling quite nausous.
Picky about food (v. Unusual for me)
Ate because i had too and now feel yuck.
Have experienced some smells quite strong - had a moment with bread- yes bread!- this morning when mr socks got it out the bag to put in the toaster (i was eating cereal) and as he passed me it smelt soo strong i stopped him to check it was ok. He thought i was nuts and i didnt mention about it being a symptom... its only certain smells (bread(!) Feet. Cheese. Milk. Sweat) i'm smelling strongly. Is that a thing?
Also stabbing booby pain yesterday morning just on one side?

Argh i know i'm probably not pregnant but i'm a bit weirded out if this is all in my head! Xxx

Good Luck to you all and plenty of baby dust coming your way

I am due AF on the 16th, I caved at tested on 9DPO Obviously BFN, I dont know why I do it to myself !!

I will try and hold out until Saturday to test

I have had lots of symptoms this month, 2month ttc since mmc at 12 weeks

lots of heartburn
Moody
niggles / period pain feeling in my lower tummy
headaches
spots which i never get

All these are getting my hopes up but i think I am out this month for some reason

AF showed up today, 2 days early. Hopefully I catch that egg next month.

Oh i'm sorry. Fingers crossed for next month. I think i might be out too. Had light pink tinge to discharge yesterday (thought could be either af coming or implantation) theres more this morning... not loads though. Already counting to next o date....

Hi Emilysocks,

what cd are you on now? I'm on cd 32 and think I'm out but I just experienced a an extreme wave of nausea when I just got up, you know when you mouth feels up with Saliva! Lol now my minds wondering please check through my recent thread I posted and let me know your thoughts.. Be good to have a friend in here :)

FXed for you ladies!!

That sounds like a good sign, Lulabell!!

@emmysocks - I was on the pill for 15+ years and went off in February 2015. I didn't ovulate or get a period for roughly 40 days. I kept taking the ovulation test strip tests every other day and thought at times (when the line showed up a little darker) that I could have been ovulating but now I know I wasn't. In May I definitely realized I had ovulated - painful over one ovary and a VERY dark ovulation test result. Now in August and three months into a consistent cycle again, every month I feel pregnant. Ha! It's amazing how you'll feel things when you want something so badly.

Best of luck to you for a healthy baby, but staying patient and stress-free will benefit you in the long run!

well i'm kind of glad because it's cd 27 today - don't think that's too bad for first proper cycle off implant. sort of waiting for it to pick up enough to know it's af. i'd probably describe it as spotting, rather than anything else. if it picks up enough i'll call this cycle day 1 and start again. i'm not particularly stressing - just excitable and impatient! xxxx

Hi Emilysocks,

what cd are you on now? I'm on cd 32 and think I'm out but I just experienced a an extreme wave of nausea when I just got up, you know when you mouth feels up with Saliva! Lol now my minds wondering please check through my recent thread I posted and let me know your thoughts.. Be good to have a friend in here :)

lulabell - hi i'm cd 27. it's my first cycle off bc and i just sort of wanted it to be normal...

I had seen your thread but didn't have much to say because i really don't know a lot about symptoms because this is our first ever attempt. I don't think you're truly out until af appears - have heard about people doing tests but it just being too early to get a positive. but saying that - our bodies like to mess us around and a lot of people get loads of very bizarre symptoms for no good reason... fingers crossed for you though xxx

Thanks, yes that's very good for first month off bc..mine took along time to straighten out when I was on it. This was year ago though! Lol

I've decided to wait til Wednesday to retest then that will be 5 weeks and exactly 3 weeks since I bd' then I'll know for sure.I genuinely thought I was out until that wave this morning. Never experienced that before :S

This is probably silly but haven't had any more blood since yesterday afternoon... now clear again. I had mostly pink/ brown discharge and 2 drops of red blood on one occaision. This was the total over 24 hours. Is it reasonable to hope maybe implantation spotting? Is it too late in my cycle? Think if i did ovulate i ovulated late... (probably cd 21) so maybe that makes more sense. Haven't said anything more to mr socks about it... he's at work now. From what i've learnt on here it could be too early to test until much later in the week? Think if i can manage i'll wait until saturday - good idea? Xxx

So i tested and got a BFN. and still no af. my 2ww hasn't really come to an end. it's sort of fizzled out... tiny spark of 'maybe it's too early' left but i'm ignoring it for now.

i'm sort of cd33 and got no idea what this cycle is doing. Just going to have to carry on and wait for af to show. i know it can be messed up by finishing hormonal contraception, but i think i got my hopes up earlier in the month with a normal period before and a fairly standard month.

Did everyone else who was unsure of their cycles get an answer? Fingerscrossed we get a better idea soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->