waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hey everyone
I can believe its Christmas next week where has the time gone! Have the day of tomorrow so going to do all my present shopping and go out for lunch with dh.

2have4kids how are you have you tested again?

Hi Bundles, I know, very happy that oh & I are done work. I did the first beta which was 99 and the second beta will come tomorrow. The median for singletons is 63, for twins is 122 for my days past retrieval. We'll see how the doubling rate goes. They'll be calling me tomorrow morning, that'll make things less ambiguous.

Oh I made a wicked home made baileys and so crushed that I can't even have any. I used organic whipping cream so it's all thick n fluffy. Everyone loved it at the dinner party we went to tonight. We did a chocolate fondu desert with baileys whip n dip. Will have to remember this next year!

Beta sounds good.
How you feeling?
I was very sick straight away but that doesn't mean you will be.
Can't believe Christmas Is only 6 days away.
It's flown by since I had the boys.

Got them weighed.
Nathan went from 8.2 to 9.9
And Fraser was 8.4 to 10.4! Little fatty.
Proper babies now. Not tiny dinks.
Tho they are still small x

What's everyone's plans for Christmas? Where do you spend it.
We are going to mother in laws and in cooking a Christmas dinner on Boxing Day.
I love bubble and Sqeek after x

Hi mummy, I'm off to the doctor at 4:30 today. I think I'll schedule it for January 10th as I have Fridays off. She said to wait till after the first week in Jan so I can see the heartbeat. Still waiting for the nurse to call me this morning with the second beta results :coffee:

I have a sore throat and my glands feel like they're going to explode. Don't feel good at all. OH is off to the cabin with his bro this weekend and I'm going to rest & relax. I got some excellent supplies last night, tea, cheese, salsa, guack, organic chicken borritos, soup, olives, bacon, & fruit. We're set! :wohoo:

Hi ladies, the betas were on day 13 & 15 after retrieval and were 99 & 359.
I plugged it into a calculator and it looked like this:
image.jpg
I think it looks good! :thumbup:

A lot of people say 1 of their symptoms were that they felt a cold coming on but it didnt fully go anywhere.
Let's hope that's your case x

Hey 2have4kids those values look really good!!:happydance:
I have heard the same about the cold like symptoms.

Mummy they are putting on weight nicely, saw the most recent pics so cute with their little niece.

I will be going to mums over Christmas and see in inlaws on Boxing Day.

I started by progynova tablet today, have scan booked in 02nd jan:happydance:

2have - wow!!! This is all so fantastic. Sooo happy for you.

Mummy - your boys are looking lovely & healthy. How are you feeling physically now?

Bundles - are you on BCP now? I'm on BCP and got my baseline 15 Jan and we're at Cambridge now.

Hope everyone else is well.

Afm: will be having a quiet day getting organised for Christmas. Just got to work Monday & half day Tuesday then off until 2nd. Would have liked a bit more time off but saving it for IVF. Will going to the outlaws Christmas Day afternoon then Boxing Day having a quiet day with DH & my Mum. Looking forward to my Christmas rest & recharging my batteries for Jan.

Hi Minxychick no I am not on Bcp, I am on buserelin and progynova. For some reason I did not have a baseline scan:nope:
The scan booked for the 2nd will be to see if the lining is thick enough.
I really like it at the Cambridge clinic everyone is friendly and the always get back to me with any questions I have. You will have a much better experience there then u did at their other branch.
Same here I would have liked to take more time of during Christmas but want yo use it during the 2 week wait so carried over 9 days from this years allocation.

Bundles the pictures of my niece were so sweet. She keeps saying can I hold 2 1 babies or can I see them 2 1 boys ha she's so sweet and so beautiful.
Are you at Bourne?

My friend is going for her 3rd round after Christmas. She's 36 and has very low egg reserve.

Minxy its best to save the time for your Ivf round but you'll still have time off to chill which is great.
My hubby has 17 days off but still has a few on call days
I can't wait x

Mummy how's the breastfeeding going? Is it as difficult as everybody tells me?
Minty you're very wise to save up your holiday time, enjoy your brief Christmas/New Years recharge!!
Melbram glad to hear (from fb) you're enjoying yourself, I hope you had one for me too :winkwink:

Bundles - how much time are you taking off for the next round? I'm going to be 'working from home' on my baseline & scan/blood days, then have 6 days holiday left to be spent by taking 2 days for EC and the rest after transfer. I get weekends anyway. That way I have 2 days left for my bday in March, 2 for May and still have 5 left in case we need to do it again. I'm praying this is it and that 5 can ease the path to maternity leave! I can't wait to not have to save my holiday for IVF.
I have been very happy with cambridge, I've previously had an EC there and 2 transfers (first EC at Gorleston and DH drove eggs to Cambridge!), best EC ever in all ways. When I phoned up Cambridge they were so lovely at moving me over, getting the Eeva booked, letting me take BCP longer to get Eeva. I then got a letter & price list. Never got a price list out of the other one. Also, I've phoned Cambridge to ask questions as the Nurses weren't experienced in cases that were a bit different. Its a shame there are some really really good people at Norwich but it feels like a Tesco Express and Cambridge is Tesco Extra.

Mummy - It will lovely having DH off for 17 days. Your neice is very cute.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to Christmas

Hello Ladies

2H4K: everything is looking good - roll on the scan! :happydance:

Bundles: I was on Buserelin and Progynova too. All the best with this round x

Mummy: the boys are little beauties and comming along lovely - pics are fab

Ducktales: Hope you are well!

Minxy: hope you have a lovey Christmas

Hi to anyone I have missed.

afm: Nothing much to report - xmas do was last Friday - free bar at the do from 12-4 then out around the town = a very drunk me :xmas12:

I will be having Christmas lunch with my parents and brother and will then go and spend the evenning with the in-laws. All within walking distance so can have a drink ;)

With it coming up to the New Year I am going into it without any expectations for a change. My only plan is to have fun and "try" to step away from ttc and so I wont be posting that much on here anymore but will definately be awaiting BFP FB updates from you all :thumbup:

MummyW yep I am at bourne hall, will you friend try anything different for this round?

Minxychick I was going to try and take the first week of as annual leave and then work from home the second week. The only issue is I have booked it yet so I don't know if it's to last minute to take a week off we have a silly holiday request procedure:dohh:
I know what you mean I we'd have used all my hols by now if it were not for ivf and would have a holiday booked

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->