waiting for ivf and struggling!

I like the Volvos too its just the name that puts me off (sounds too much like Vulva :blush:)! My SiL has one for her day to day family car and gets on really well with it. I'm lucky enough to have a Toyota Hilux Invincible and I love it. It goes anywhere and is really comfy. We had a hood fitted onto the back for the dogs but it will also be handy (hopefully one day) for pushchair etc. I've always been more of a 4x4 type, sporty cars have never really been my thing, mostly because I cant get in and out with any dignity and certainly not in a skirt! :haha:

I used to have a convertible and miss it but not practical at all.

Ha pinkie vulva!

Got our Christmas tree today woo can't wait to decorate it at the weekend and going to Costco too. See what the nappy and wipes are.
Need to buy my turkey too x

Yes, we're getting close to Christmas now. I'm thankful that mom's doing a turkey this year. We'll prob get the Christmas tree up this weekend.

Well I finally heard back from the clinic and they didn't freeze any of the eggs. That mean they feel none of them got to grade A. It makes me sad because not only do I want 4 kids but it's all or nothing for this round. I hope beyond all hopes that this works. I'm back in frosty Canada now, just watching more movies :haha:

I hope everyone's ok, have you got your shopping done? Enjoying the work functions? We've got a nice dinner with the OH's company tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

2have. How long were you out there in total? Did you have any pre treatment in Canada?

I hope so very much this works....you deserve it :flower:

MummyW - the new car sounds just what you need for 2 growing boys & all their stuff. Enjoy putting up the tree.

2H4 - I wouldn't worry about the lack of frosties my clinic only freezes the best blasts otherwise they might not survive being thawed and people would have a wasted FET treatment. I'm sure those embies are snuggling in tight. Are you back to work before Xmas now?

Hope everyone else is doing well. Thanks for the kind wishes on the nurse / clinic / treatment situation. I feel much happier having moved, I've had a nice letter come through with a Q&A and price list from the new clinic, its not much but I never got anything out of the other place, I need to think how to sensitively feed back their failings, I may discuss it with the new nurses when I go to the main clinic.
Now we have a plan I can chill out for Christmas, it's BCP & then baseline scan 15th Jan. Also my boss has been amazing for my 4 pre-treatment appointments I can 'work from home' i.e. go to my appointments middle of the day (fx'd to avoid the icey roads), and make my hours up either side by using a laptop at home & connecting to the office over the internet. This is more than generous (hopefully I won't need to do a full day's work either! - naughty).
Leaving work early today (4pm) & going for a Christmas Afternoon Tea with DH, then home to watch Love Actually. If I wasn't Christmas'd up already I would be after that. Then going to stay with my friend this weekend and then we're going to another friend's birthday & games night, then dropping off my god daughter's Christmas present Sunday. I'll be cream crackered by the time I get home so the rest of Sunday in front of the telly.
I haven't done much recently but with all the stress of the donor thing, donor weekend, Drs, counselling, more Drs, finding donor, clinic and going to work I'm exhausted, plan to spend Christmas being as restful as possible and be renenewed for Jan. Being infertile is too time-consuming!!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Mummy - enjoy your festive planning/shopping!

2have4kids - I know how you feel about the frosties, I've never had any either, but your embies looked fab so keep positive, whens your test date?

Minxy - so glad you are feeling more positive and have all your plans in place. I keep telling myself that January will be here before we know it, I really hope so!

AFM, AF arrived last night so all ok. My fertile week will be Christmas week so looking forward to an action packed few days! Our last chance before we're back on the rollercoaster. Minxy, your comment about infertility being so time-consuming really made me smile, its exactly how I feel too. When we're aren't organising, jabbing, being poked and prodded and scanned, we're thinking about it instead!

xx

Mummy, I hope you guys are enjoying the new car, it'll be a magical Christmas with the twins this year!

Hi Blythe! I did prednisone for 1 month beforehand as well as a Lupron shot and bcp estrogen and progesterone in order to since my cycle with the donor's. I'm also on baby aspirin and having a gluten free diet with turmeric & milk morning & night to stave off inflammation. The prednisone to kill my immune system in case there's something going on there. We on,y needed to be there from Dec 2-11 but we went from Nov 29- Dec 12. It was really nice, made a small holiday out of it. Thanks for the kind words, I really hope this works. I have been feeling smal cramps & dull pains but until I make it to the double lines and then out for first/second tri, I'll be terrified of failure.

Minxy, when we twist our lives around having children and put so much effort, time, money. and tears into ttc it is exhausting. I'm not giving up no matter what. But for my financial and emotional health, for all of ours, I really hope some more successes start happening!

Pinky that sounds awesome about getting busy around Christmas time :haha: there's no better time than during the holidays! I'll start testing on Sunday, it's pribably a bit early but if there's a double line I'd like to catch it asap. I know it's a process and won't be disappointed if it hasn't shown up yet.

Hi Melbram, Ducktales, everyone else!

They lost my luggage on the flight yesterday. I usually take a tiny rolly carry-on and because I shopped so much it wouldn't all fit so had to check it and low & behold...they lost it at the connecting point in Amsterdam. Apparently they've since found it but it doesn't help me get the sexy boots back that I wanted to wear to our company Christmas dinner tonight harrumph! Even the tights I bought to match some dresses here at home are in that suitcase boo! Lesson learned, don't shop too much and certainly never have checked baggage again!!!

2have - that is very interesting. i will have a look at the clinic later….if i can make ivf an affordable option for us i will pursue it but i simply cannot fork out 5K here in the UK.

interesting about the milk and turmeric…did you feel better for it?

Blythe I'm not sure about feeling the anti-inflammatory properties. I don't get bloated when I abstain from bread and because I'm not running or doing crazy sports anymore I can't measure the puffy factor on my arthritic knees. I know it works though, bread isn't the only food that has inflammatory properties, I love and refuse to stop eating dark chocolate (for mental health reasons lol) and decaf coffee. If the doctors use asperin to combat inflammation by thinning your blood then turmeric certainly can't hurt!

The treatment for donor eggs at reprofit was $7500 canadian (4321 bp). Still expensive. Less if you can get the drugs covered by healthcare and if you do ivf it'd be even less because you aren't paying the donor fees. I recommend contacting the clinic directly to see if you could cut out coordinator fees as well.

2 have/ I've never had frosties either. I think this is the time for you and I really hope its 2!!
What a pain loosing your luggage.
The whole Ivf thing is exhausting and then through in the donor thing, that must be even more so. Hope you can enjoy Christmas

I haven't gone mad this year as we just haven't got the money we normally would.
I am still going on my work Christmas do next sat. It's Grease themed. So hopefully be fun x

2have - just one more thing ......I looked on the website and the ££ is great compared to uk prices but I was wondering about accommodation costs?

Are you still getting the dull cramps?

dull cramps are a great sign - I had that from the day of egg transfer
mummy - enjoy the xmas party
pinkie - vulva! enjoy your Christmas action!
minxy - glad you feel more comfortable with the new clinic
melbram, bundles, blythe - how are you ?

I am good, just lurking, waiting
xx

Hi Blythe, we stayed in MH Apartments in Prague for $84usd/night to do DH's appointment (just travelled to Brno by bus for $16). The apartment was situated next to a grocery store that was a little less expensive than the downtown grocers and we had breaky, lunches and bedtime snacks at home saving a little dosh.

Then I went to Brno by myself and lodging at the Grande Hotel was around the same for 3 evenings with a 5 min tram ride to the clinic for $1.50. There are SO many choices for accommodations though, we could have easily spent half of what we did and been just as comfortable. Does this open up options for you? The doctor that I saw was really nice, the whole team there was very professional.

Duck tales not long now!!!

how did you get on at Costco ?
we went to the one in Watford last Sunday - arrived when the doors opened and it was hideously busy - I had to renew my membership and it took 3.5 hours from going in to paying up - I was very cross, swollen feet, hungry !!
had to eat McDonalds on the way home!
xx

You know what it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Car park rammed as usual but the cues weren't bad.
We got done really quickly then had lunch and sat in the car feeding the boys for an hour.
All the nappies and wipes were on sale so bought loads. Just always spend too much but saves in the long run.

Going to sort the tree out today but its going to be a slow process with having to keep stopping to sort the boys but will give me breaks.
The house is a state! It depresses me so got loads to do today and need to go toys r us and mottercare as boys need more clothes.
They are growing out of things too quickly x

Sounds productive mummy! Enjoy getting the tree up, we'll be doing the same today.
Duck tales what a horror! Hopefully you got all you needed and won't have to go back anytime soon?

Hey guys! I just wanted to share a photo with you, I tested this morning!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/2084271-frer-6dp5dt-positive-ivf.html#post30894841

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->