waiting for ivf and struggling!

It makes me infuriated that we have to take holiday time for IVF in this day & age. When the WHO classifies infertility as a legitimate medical condition. Employers need to grant medical leaves. We already take pay cuts when we have the babes.
We've come so far but have so much farther to go.

Hey everyone

Hope you are all well and ready for Christmas! So great to see good news on this thread, I hope its the start of lots of 2014 good news!

All well here, acupuncture today, gearing up for Jan. Enjoying the festivities and lots of BDing!

xx

Melbram - I can understand why you'll be on here less, hope you have a great 2014 & look forward to seeing you on FB. Will let you know how IVF4 goes if your not on here.

Bundles - can you forewarn your manager that you'd like a week off and rough dates but won't be able to book it until the last? I've done this with my manager who has been good, I think it helps that his brother did IVF.

My employer is very generous as i get 6 days fertility leave per calendar holiday year, new rule brought in after my first round. Though this is very very generous I still need to use up a lot of my own holiday for all the appointments etc (again I'm lucky I get a good holiday leave). One nurse told me a lot of ladies call in sick but we have a very strict sickness policy so couldn't lean on that plus I think it's better I;m honest with my boss in the long run.

1 Hour left and I'm off for Christmas.

Has everyone seen Ducktales news on FB? So happy for her.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all a brilliant 2014, hopefully the rest of us can join the BFP club in 2014.

Yes I def saw Ducktales news Minxy, so many good things happening in the last few months. I'm wishing everyone loads of :dust: this next year, hoping all wishes come true in 2014.
Merry Christmas!
:xmas6::xmas16:

thank you everyone
baby Ilana born 21st Dec 7lbs 2oz
am knackered and breastfeeding for me is a nightmare but we will get there
merry Christmas to all
xxx

Hi everyone:wave: well, I finally got proper ms yesterday when I woke up. A feeling overwhelmingly to puke but thankfully there were some cheese bits from the night before in the fridge and I scoffed them down which got rid of the quizziness. That's all of the symptoms other than the occasional round ligament feeling (a deep pinch and muscle pain).

How was everyone's Christmas? We went over to my sister's place in the afternoon, she was cooking a turkey for her ski buddies. She's injured in a kayak accident awaiting surgery so couldn't be out x-country skiing. Then over to mom&dad's for turkey dinner where I stuffed my gob. Oh the food was SO good! And she kindly gave us loads of leftovers. I've played the host for the last 7-10 years so it was nice to be the guest this year and relax.:thumbup:

Today we're off to a couple of the mountaineering shops to see what's on sale and then a friends for dinner.

I hope everyone had a lovely day and is continuing to kick back today too. It's surprisingly warm here so maybe we'll get a walk in too!

Melbram I understand you won't want to post too much on here but still good to see you on Facebook
Hope everyone had a good Christmas, it seems you have.
We did too but the boys had their 1st injections Christmas Eve and have been very inconsolable at times which is hard.
Next year will be so different having 2 possibly walking and pulling at everything. Don't want to think about that and want them to stay babies!

2 have 4- have you told anyone your news yet?
If not did people notice if you didnt drink.

Anyone get anything nice?

The boys got a serious amount of clothes from both Nanny's and auntie in all sizes to keep me going.
I got the usual money, perfume, a lovely family pandora charm from my boys, aren't they clever ha and my mum bought us a tumble drier as ours broke the day we bought the boys home x

Congratulations again ducktales she is truly beautiful. Love the name x

Sounds like a lovely Christmas mummy. We've told the people (mostly close friends & family that we're hanging out with over the holidays. When we went to the Christmas party I was the DD having cranberry and no one batted an eyelash.

I got 2 ski passes this year and in Feb we have 2 weeks of ski holidays booked in mountain cabins. Everyone's telling me not to risk skiing in case I fall. I can't go in the hot tubs either, I won't know what to do with myself!! I think if the conditions are perfect I'm going to get out there but if not I'll stay in and get a massage & read a book or watch a movie. I can stick to the bunny hills and we're going with ppl who have kids so we'll be staying to the easy runs...we'll see when the time comes. I might not even fit into my ski pants in Feb :haha:

It's totally up to you but you just need to be careful. I take it your experienced skier so your good and should fall if you don't take risks.
Glad you've told some people.
Did you say it was donor or just that your pregnant x

They know why we went to Czech Republic so yes they know it's a donor.
We'll see about skiing, I might feel differently when the time comes. I've just had blood run down my leg an hour ago. I took a warm shower and have a dull ache down there like AF pains. Who knows, maybe I won't even make it to Feb? All I need is another m/c :nope:

I bled with the boys for about 3/4 days
I was petrified. Hopefully your the same xx

Thx, hoping the dull pain goes away, it's the same feeling as my last m/c.

Hi girls, well the bleeding stopped last night as well as the heavy period pains so I don't know what's gone on :shrug:
I could have lost 1, it could have been a tear, who knows I'm just glad it stopped. My doc asked me to call her ASAP on Monday to get a scan so I'll do that. I don't feel pregnant because I barely have symptoms yet I definitely would still be bleeding if it were a true m/c (been there/done that). Can't wait for the scan:blush:

I hope everyone else is having a less worrisome less eventful weekend than I am!!!!

Glad you've phoned and asked and getting a scan very soon x

I have 1 poorly boy. He has a sore throat as his cry is very deep and he has been asleep all day which is not like him at all x

One day at a time. I don't want to cancel my life because this is happening so we still went out last night to our dinner theatre but during the days I'll be lying down watching movies resting. The doctor said lying down slows bleeding & minimizes cramping. The cheapie hpt test this morning was very dark so just looking forward to the scan monday.

2have4 - I hope everything is ok - I had terrible AF like pains in early pregnancy, worse than AF pains and bleeding is really common. Everything crossed for you, but am sure it will be ok
mummy - I hope he gets better soon - it is heart wrenching when they are ill and you just want to take the pain away
How is everyone else doing ?
I am in a haze of feeding/ changing and not really sleeping but it is fab and I am not complaining
xx

Ducktales, so glad to hear things are going ok, enjoy being a new mom & i hope you get some snooze time in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->