waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi Pinkie, it wasn't recommended. With a blood clotting issue they said even if it does implant I can loose the baby at a very late sate (second tri) because it can cause malnourishment of the fetus. I'm going to ask about an endo scratch since I'll have an aquascan anyway. Might as well throw it all at this next attempt!

2have - oh my gosh, so many things to do. I believe if anyone can organise all this it is you. I really pray this does the trick.

Afm : back from a brilliant weekend to London with one of my friends, touristy stuff, shopping, Camden market, night out in soho with her gay friends (so much fun), karaoke, rock bar - best night out I've had in years. Was great to really relax.

Had a long chat with DH before going away, we're both really interested in looking into adoption. I'm even thinking about not doing the donor cycle. I'm very torn as we'd have to wait 6 months after our last IVF to apply for adoption. Will see how the trip goes & what we find out on adoption.

Hope everyone else has had good weekends too

OMG, everyone! It is really a BFP!

I took a little break and didn't test, but today I gave in and it is definite. We are so excited and a little shocked. Somehow I wasn't entirely convince this could work for us on the first try.
Wednesday is the beta, but I am optimistic about the next weeks. :)

Pinkie, how wonderful and exciting!

2Have, that is all very confusing to me, but it sounds like things are moving forward nicely and all of those treatments will help greatly. Good luck.

Hugs Minxy! :) You sound well. Enjoy the trip and much luck.

Albany - congratulations!!! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months.

Afm: been very torn between donor & adoption, if nothing bad comes out of these tests etc then I definitely want to try a DE round. I think it will be the only way for me to move on.

Thank you everyone.

Today was the beta: 84.
Ever since the call I've been anxious. The doctor was covering for mine, and although he congratulated me he seemed cautious. Then I began spotting too.
He said 84 is on the low end of the range and wants me to go back on Friday to make sure it increases properly. He asked about cramping and spotting, but I didn't start the spotting until after the call. I know it is fairly usual, but… anxious.

Albany doctors often worry alot when initial betas come in, I had super high betas and my doc said they were low, :shrug: Be confident things will work out.

Minxy, I'd be interested to hear about the adoption process when you find out more. If this donor cycle doesn't work out we'll have frosties but I'm going to be doing the same thing as you.

How's everyone else? Mummy, Yearning, ducktales, pinkie, anyone heard from melbram? I hope you're all doing ok and have fun Easter things planned.

2Have, thank you for the reassurance. Since it was a doctor I had never met I'm unsure what he is like or how familiar he was with my case. I'm so very nervous today still. The spotting began again and is redder than brown but not heavy, but Googling shows many instances of this being okay. All I can do is wait for tomorrow, but I am extremely impatient. I was so confident before the bleeding.

That said, based on the various brands of tests and their sensitivity, I suspect the levels are doubling just fine? The Clearblue digital was still negative on Saturday, anyway, when others had been positive. By Monday it said 1-2 pregnant. Googling tells me that might fit in nicely with yesterday's beta? I'm just so scared after feeling so happy and realising that things can still easily go wrong. As you all can relate to, we want this to work so badly.

Albany, stay horizontal until your spotting stops. watch some uplifting funny movies, and try not to stress (easier said than done).

Oh no Albany! I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you. What a roller coaster this is. You need to take care of yourself, tea, warm bubble bath, long walks.

Oh AlbaNY I'm so sad to hear this. This is such sad news, hope you & DH can take care of each other through this. This is such a cruel process.

AlbaNY - :hugs: So sorry to hear the news. I hope you can get pass this horrible feeling very soon, stay strong. I hope something comes up for you. Take care of yourself. xx

Hi everyone, how are things with you all?

AlbaNY - I'm not sure what to say, but hope you are ok. You have been in my thoughts.
2have4 - where are things with the process currently?
Pinkie - when is your next scan? Any morning sickness yet?
Yearning - are you moving off BCP yet?

Afm - got my blood test results back from Serum this morning for hidden chlmydia and 6 other possible infections tested from AF blood - all came back negative! Relieved about that no tablets to take and no way anything could have affected the previous cycles. About a week and a half until we go out there for the DNA Fragmentation Test & Aqua Scan and our holiday. Hopefully we can plan the DE cycle whilst we are there.

Albany, I hope you are ok. Really sorry it wasn't your time Xx

Minxy, Great news! :happydance: Its coming together for you, a holiday sounds fab! Hope you manage to get your cycle sorted whilst you are there Xx

I'm great thanks, tired and sick but loving it. Had a scan on Sunday, all was ok, midwife is Monday so hopefully get 12 week scan booked. Just keeping everything crossed these are sticky beans Xx

Minxy - Oh thats fantastic news! Ahhh a holiday, I have been wanting a holiday for long time. Any plans on where you are going? x

Pinkie - Hey how are you doing? haha I think thats the first I have heard 'Tired and sick and loving it' awww the feeling of pregnant I guess is special :)
Can I ask something if you dont mind, when you had you IVF with BFP, how many embryo transfer did you have? Its so cool to have twins. I hope everything works out smooth and well for you. x

Hi Yearningheart, I had two embies transferred but I also had the endoscratch procedure which I do believe helped with implantation. What is your plan? X

Pinkie - Oh right I see. Well I have finished my 7 weeks of 2 types of pills, yesterday was my scan which went well. I was told to start the stims (Last night was my first injection). It feels things are moving quite fast now, I have another scan on Wednesday. Looking forward to pass this quick quick.

Anyhow because this is my second IVF, I can have 2 embryo transferred which is what I am going to choose if everything seems fine. I hope I get twins, my dream :)

- What is an endoscratch procedure?

Hi Yearning - ooo starting stims exciting, hope this all goes well & quick for you. An endoscratch is something along the lines of them scratching your womb, a quick procedure this is done about a fortnight before transfer I think. The scratching is meant to help implantation. It normally costs between £100 - £150 and its one of the few things most clinics let you add onto the NHS treatment. I nearly had it last time but didn't, I might for this treatment if I can fit it in. It only hurts very briefly when they do the scratch. Pinkie - please jump in if any of that is wrong.
I need to get on planning the Athens trip, I expect we will go to all the major sights. I can't wait to get away somewhere hot & hopefully have a good relax despite visiting a fertility clinic but going abroad feels its more on our terms.

Hi Pinkie - so glad to hear things are going well. Getting the midwife appointment makes it feel all the more real.

2have - hope Mexico went well, I'll check up on the other forum too.

AlbaNY - hope you're ok.

AFM: no news from me at the moment, been fighting off my first cold in year and had it for a fortnight. Finally feeling a bit better today, am hoping the Athens heat will burn any leftovers away, I thinks a lot of it is the getting over the IVF4, donor eggs and my Mum's hospital/rehab stay this year (I never really rested between work & seeing her, but I'd never change that), now the stress of that has passed everything is coming out, hoping to get back on top form for IVF5. My biggest gripe is I've been too exhausted this last fortnight to exercise, I was hoping for an exercise binge before Athens to look good but that's had to slide, not as bothered as I thought I would be about it.

Hope everyone is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"