waiting for ivf and struggling!

AlbNy wow, that's interesting. I'll have to read you journal soon when I have time. Glad you're ok.

Yh - the tests are to look for 6 different infections. AF blood is a better indicator as it comes from higher up in the body.

AlbaNY - I'll read your blog, nothing is ever straightforward it seems on this journey. I always stay as long as possible after EC as I'm always really drowsy.

Afm: big news! Trip to Athens booked for 6 days from 5th May. DH can have DNA frag test, I can have aqua scan (some womb scan) & hopefully sort out DE. The rest a holiday for us. Booked a fancy hotel too but we really need a lovely holiday especially if sperm test comes back bad. I'd like to do the cycle start of July. Been feeling despondent about it all, this has cheered me up a bit.

Congrats Alabany, keeping everything crossed for you! :happydance:

Minxy, wonderful news! Its all starting to happen, I really hope this works out for you, it sounds like they are doing everything they possibly can :thumbup:

2have4, also wonderful news! Its great that everything is coming together! Not long until May/June ladies!

AFM, plodding on until scan on Wednesday. The wait is driving me crackers!

xxx

Afm: big news! Trip to Athens booked for 6 days from 5th May. DH can have DNA frag test, I can have aqua scan (some womb scan) & hopefully sort out DE. The rest a holiday for us. Booked a fancy hotel too but we really need a lovely holiday especially if sperm test comes back bad. I'd like to do the cycle start of July. Been feeling despondent about it all, this has cheered me up a bit.

Minxy, you must be so excited, that's VERY soon! We just got off the phone with Peny this morning, am going to do the AF blood infection test too, aqua scan and DH will have the frag test done too. I'm hoping it doesn't cost too much!

I can't wait to get our dates booked too. She said she's now looking for a donor for me, she said she might have issues with the height :nope: darn! Oh well. At this point I can't care too much, just want to get knocked up with twins!:happydance:

Pinkie, I can't wait for your scan too, let us know as soon as you see your little ones :bunny: yes little ones, not one lol.

Minxy, that is awesome news about the trip!

2Have, I hope your trip can be booked soon. It feels good to have things planned.

Sooo… I plan to start a thread asking about this, but is it way too early for a bfp??

I think I have mentioned testing out the trigger? When it became faint and then negative I wasn't sure if I should continue to POS, but I had a bag of fifty tests languishing. A day or two ago I read that the earliest I could hope to test wouldn't be until Thursday, so I talked myself into continuing at least until then, because I could tell myself it was too early when I saw stark white.

This morning I took another test, and instead of the stark negative I expected there is a clear but faint line. It is nearly as dark as on the 5th, before the trigger appeared to be out. Yesterday I held my FMU to be certain after the previous day's test. I'm actually starting to think this could be a real positive.

Of course, if I just wait until tomorrow morning I maybe know more, but you can imagine how hard that is. ;) Do you think it is possible or was my urine too diluted the last two days?

Sometimes the trigger leaves your system quite quickly. Keep testing and let us know how it goes!

I was certain that the trigger was out, but today seems so early for a real positive. It is making me excited.

Minxy - Oh right ok, it is the first I heard about test on AF. Hope you are doing well, nice to hear you have a lovely holiday booked. I had an aqua scan too, it was a quick process. x

Pinkie - What is this scan for? To see if it is a BFP or how many babies? Sorry I feel quite lost and behind on posts. Hope everything is going well for you and all. xx

Pinkie - thinking of you today, good luck.

Yearning - does the aqua scan hurt? How are things with you?

2have - there are 2 types of AF blood tests I'm opting for both, they are 100 euros & 170 euros. The aquascan & DNA frag is cheaper at Serum than in the uk but I'll guess you'll have yours in Canada?
I was talking to a lady on twitter whose been to serum she wanted DE went over for a scan, they found a blemish, she had a hysto the next day, they saw 1 follicle did an impromptu EC & she got her first blast. Bfn tho & still doing donor. But she said things move fast there, which is great as I think we need an out of the box approach, I just don't want an EC or pressure to use my eggs. I've been through enough & I hope they accept that. That is my only reservation with any clinic.
We could also freeze some sperm so would only need to go back for transfer but I'd like another holiday if we're travelling all that way!

AlbaNY - I don't know much about BFPs but it sounds promising. I would test everyday now you've come this far. Keep us posted.

Hope everyone else is good.

Minxy - When I had my Aqua scan it did not really hurt. It was little uncomfortable but not painful, no. They put a speculum in and that time the body has to be as calm and relaxed as possible. I have had a speculum put in few times and I remember the first time I was so sacred and panicking and so my muscles tensed up causing pain when speculum was inserted, the main thing is just be relaxed. The actual process you cant really feel much.

I remember when I had my Aqua scan, the gyn said it seems as though I might have fibroid, I was so upset, I started crying. So I had to have a surgery to check the inside better, after which they doctors said they couldnt see inside properly because the womb lining was too thick so I had to have the surgery repeated. Eventually they manged to check and turns out I had no fibroid :) The tears over nothing

- No updates really for me, I was on pills for a month, then AF came so I started Microgynon pills which is for 3 weeks. I have a scan on 25th and from that day my stims begin. I cant wait for this process to come to an end with good news hopefully. I dont think I can handle another BFN. I guess we all say that. xx

Hi Ladies

It sounds like things are moving really quickly with the new clinic, I'm keeping everything crossed for you all :happydance:

AlbaNy, really hoping this is the start of your BFP! Cant wait for your updates.

AFM, I'm 7 weeks today with twins! Both are measuring 1cm and are in the right place and we saw both heartbeats. So excited, just hoping this is it for us now.

xxx

Pinkie - omg! I'm so excited for you. It's brilliant, omg!! More twinnies.

Yh - thanks for the info. Sounds like it'll all be fine.
Not long now for you.

Pinkie that's amazing news! fingers and toes are crossed for you for a happy healthy pregnancy and sticky beans!

Ohhhh yay!!!! I have goose bumps. So happy for you. Being pregnant with 2 really makes all this feel so much better. Want to talk about anything and I'm here as all of the ladies are x

pinkie - wow - congrats
albany - fingers crossed
love to everyone else - i read all the updates.

really hard to get time on the computer.
We have our appointment at Great Ormond Street Hospital on 29th APril for a large vascular birthmark on Ilana's neck which will need operating on in due course.
The worry never stops
xxx

Pinkie - Thats great! exciting!! I hope you have a happy and very healthy 9 months. x
Minxy - Yep it will be fine hopefully. Let us know how it goes. x
mummy - How are you? Its been long time Iv not spoke to you. How are the twins? x
Ducktales - Yeah I can imagine the worry never ends, parenthood life eh! I hope everything works out well for your little one. x
2have4kids - How are you? How is your health? How is everything? x

Hi ladies, well we had our consult with Dr Beers clinic. Here are the crazy recommendations:

1. we have to do LIT: this means spinning white blood cells off of DH's blood and injecting into me in a number of locations. Twice, three weeks apart before IVF. So this means we have to travel to Mexico or Toronto at the beginning of May to do this treatment, then the next treatment in Athens 3 weeks before the IVF.
This ensures I don't keep rejecting DH's cells (in the embryo).
2. IVIG - have to do this treatment 1 week before IVF ($1000Euro)
Upon a BFP they will test this again and decide if I need another IVIG. I may need to travel to the States to get this treatment if we get the BFP and my B Cell agg (Leukocyte Antibody tests high again).
3. Humira for TNF Alpha blockers
4. Lovenox/Celexane (Thrombophelia)
5 baby aspirin and all of the usual stuff

Drugs 3 & 4 help the egg deeply implant (in 4 tests I showed signs of minor blood clotting which can hinder embryo from deeply implantation (may be why I lost the 1st embryo last time).

Whew! The testing was worth it. We'll do exactly as they say and hope that this time is a success. It's going to be quick timing to get it all together though. I need to arrange the LIT with Toronto or Mexico asap for May so that we can get to Athens before June 1.

I hope you're all doing well. I just wanted to pop in and share the news. Immune issues are serious, I had no idea just how many hoops I'd have to jump through in order to have a family.

Crikey :wacko: 2have4, you really do have quite a shopping list there! I really hope this leads to your BFP. Have you looked at the endoscratch to help with implantation? All the science seems to suggest it works. It was very painful but only cost £200, a bargain on the scale of things! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->