waiting for ivf and struggling!

no to start in january would be too soon because im drinking and eating rubbish over christmas so wont be preparing my body properly Feb start injections is pushing it a bit really x

Pinkie: you started your injections today? good luck xxx

How is everyone else doing?

afm - I am waiting for AF to arrive - its usually between 30-36 days but I am now on day 43! I have tested with strip test and got a BFN and I've had some very very mild spotting over the last few days but nothing else - Just want everything to go back to normal ready for round 2!...maybe its the stress that has delayed it :(

I'm sure it probably is the stress, fingers crossed for you getting back to normal cycle soon :hugs:

I start injecting next Monday, its exciting (and a bit scary as you all know) :happydance:

:flower:

I had a mini breakdown the last 2 days on vacation. We're in Istanbul and I had to deal with some emails...cancelled birth & baby classes, took myself off the midwife waitlists etc. kind of came to the realisation that I won't be a mom before the age of 38. Baracaded myself in my bedroom, tears, puffy eyes, and downed a whole bottle of wine myself (which i'm sure did wonders for nuturing my growing eggies). Having to wait ar least another 2 months before we'll be offered IVF. Blah blah, sometimes I hate life.
Melbram, I hope it's a BFP that just doesn't register yet, surprise pregnancies when you want them so badly are the best gift.
Pinkie, best of luck stimming, grow eggies grow!

:hugs: I'm sorry. Two months will fly by, keep busy. I hope you start to feel better soon x

2have4kids: so sorry you are having to go through all this I cant begin to imagine how you must be feeling x big hugs xxx

Good luck today Pnkie! all goes quick from here :)

Hows everyone else doing?

Thank you so much :hugs: How are you?

Feeling excited and a bit scared (mostly because of needle-phobia!). I'm also a bit worried about finding out the result on/around the few days before Christmas but I'm hoping all the shopping, wrapping and decorating will be a welcome diversion!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Im well thank you just been doing some decorating

What sort of protocol are you on and what injections?

I'm on long protocol, starting with Buserelin. Did ok until actually sticking the needle in and then DP had to step in! Hopefully it will get easier :wacko:

I was on LP too with the Buserelin - it does get easier because you get used to all the fiddly bits

I didnt really have any side effects other than hot flushes

Good Luck x

How are you getting on with the injections Pinkie? You had your follie scan yet?

Hello, thanks for asking :flower:

Been on the Buserelin since 12th November, AF arrived Monday as planned (although it was the mother of all AFs :wacko:) and so we are booked in 7.30am Monday morning for a scan and blood tests. The hospital is a 100mile round trip for us so we'll have some travelling to do. I'm assuming we'll then start Gonal-F early next week.

DP is doing the injections as I bottled it! Got as far as loading it ready but couldnt actually stick the needle in, DP is wonderful so all going to plan so far.

How are you?

x

Good to hear all going well then! I had forgotten how long you down-reg for! I went onto meopur and had Gonal-F as my trigger shot I think x

Im good thanks getting into the CHristmas mode now - all shopped just need to wrap :)

Hey
How is everyone?
Not been on for awhile. Been so busy with stuff going on at work and doing the house up.
Had our follow up chat at hammersmith hospital, 1st 1 since my mc.
They have said to wait til period starts in jan and go have another scan. Then I can start injections on my feb period which isn't due until the very end of feb so it will prob be march as its bound to be late as ill be waiting for it.

Looking forward to Christmas tho, got most of my stuff.
What's everyone doing?
I'm having hubby's side this year as had mine last year. It will only be the 2nd time I've cooked Christmas dinner but got my brand new bigger kitchen so should be a lot easier. Get 10days off work too Wooo x

Hi all,
Quick question for mummy wannabe - I start at hammersmith hospital in jan- do you know if most people do the long protocol, what cd it starts on and whether I could start that phase whilst abroad?
We are going skiing in the first week in feb for 7 nights which should be cd 13-20. Am worried we will miss both jan and feb cycles because of this trip bit if I can down reg on holiday (if it ends up being a later cd in my cycle) then that would be great
Also where do you park at hammersmith- silly me, I thought hammersmith hospital was in hammersmith.....!!
Thanks in advance and best wishes to everyone

Hey there duck tales.
I think I did short protocol. I did not down reg.
I think if your away cd 13-20 and your always like clockwork then think you would miss that cycle.
I started my injections on cd2 and then 4 days later went for my 1st scan.
I have wrote a diary of the whole process so I could look it up for you.

Why are you doing ivf?
I have pcos and endo so was on a smaller dose of gonal f and it took me nearly 3 weeks for my eggs to be to size.
I will be on a higher dose this time and so eggs (should) be up to size at 10-14 days.

Hammersmith is next to wormwood scrubs, weird it's not in hammersmith.
It is a very small car park at the side of the queen Charlotte hospital and you have to walk right round to the front.
I think there is another car park behind it too. We always had very early appointments. So were there for 7am-8am each time and always got a space. I would advise that when you pick times to go for scans daily that you pick an early slot. Most the time there was lots of times free but the occasional time I had afternoon slots x

How far away from hammersmith are you?
It takes us an hour and a half x

If you started treatment the month you go away, you might just be ok but it all depends on how quickly your progress and I wouldn't advice going skiing after having ET, I felt rough for a few days and extremely bloated and uncomfortable stomach x

Hi everyone

Sounds like your follow up was good mummywannabe and at least you know when you are starting now to prepare etc

I go to my mums for Christmas dinner so dont have to worry about cooking :happydance: then onto the OHs mums for the evenning. Looking forward to it now want to put my tree up by OH says its too soon :growlmad:

Hope your doing ok Pinkie and you can start stimming tomorrow

As we are having our whole house re wired we can't put our tree up until we have cleaned up all the dust so another 2 weeks and ill go buy ours on my weekend off.
Love putting Christmas songs on, having a muled wine putting the decs up, I love it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->