• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

waiting for ivf and struggling!

mummywannabe: I havent got a day because I have to give them a ring the month before I want to start to make sure there is room for me. Want to start around January but may put off untilo Feb to prepare my body a bit more give I will probably be eating crap and drinking alcohol over xmas ;)

2have4kids: bloods sound great - congrats! :D

Same here. It's nice to enjoy Christmas.
I will have to start my period in jan to start my injections.
Since my mc I've been bleeding a lot and random times too. Had a lot of unbearable pains too but I read that was normal x
I should loose weight but even a baby isn't motivating me x

Hope you periods start to calm down soon for you mine are just getting back to normal now x

I dont need to lose weight but really need to start doing some sort of exercise but with the colder darker nights its very hard to get motivated lol

Yeah when I get home from work I don't want to do anything.
I'm going on a night out with my best mate tonight, having been out for a dance for ages.

Any plans this weekend? X

That'l be good I love to dance - great exercise ;) :dance:

Im having a chilled night - homemade lesagne, popcorn, cake and some sparkling rose :wine:

Yum-can I come over lol. Took 2 loads of stuff to the dump (renovating), trimmed hedge, painted the new shed base, installed shed solar lights, raked up all the leaves and did some shopping...exhausted, been a long day. Enjoying a hot cup of tea, my bed & the wee kitties. Tomorrow an easy hike in the rocky mountains. Colours are stunning this time of year.

Enjoy that bubbly Melbram (jealous) :)

You'd have a long journey to join melbram for dinner ha
Wow hike in the Rockys lovely!
My hubby has family in Canada but I've never been.
We went to the mountains in Australia and that was amazing.

I want to travel to all these places but its having the money and with doing up our house its hard to do all the things you want to do, unless you win the lottery ha which I don't do!!

Feeling a bit worse for wear today, had a good night out but felt a bit old actually, full of 18 year olds and when songs come on you don't know, me and my friend look at each other and say grannies ha
Things are so different in your life from when your younger and that's why I get annoyed seeing so many kids having kids, they haven't learnt anything in life!

Feeling any different 2have4kids

2have4kids: your day sounds exhausting! sorry you couldnt make it in time of tea :haha:

mummywannabe: a sore head is a sign of a good night - I know what you mean about feeling old though I went out a few week back and it was so odd - like walking back in time except im not 16 any more :wacko:

Hope you both have a nice day today - I had planned to go round visiting family etc but it looks like its going to poor down any minute so sofa/film day it is :winkwink:

Hubby and I just made cupcakes and feeling a bit better now, that took my mind off feeling it sick ha
It's really Sunday here today, weather can't make up its mind! Now that was a getting older comment haha
Going to my nans for Sunday roast soon and then early night for me x

Thanks for the lovely welcome :hugs: DP has a very low SA (last sample just had 6) so the FS said IVF + ICSI was our only chance. We both had to lose weight to get to the right BMI which we have done. We had a choice of two clinics in Nottingham and we are now waiting for the first day of AF so I can book in for a scan.

The next three weeks will go very slowly I think!

:flower:

When you want something so much and have to wait for that date to come it does drag. We have to wait until end of jan. normally from now til Xmas flies by but every day is dragging.

My dad lives in cotgrave, where abouts are you?
3 weeks will be here soon and it will be worth it. You have done so well already x

We are in the Wolds. the hilly bit of Lincolnshire! Very lucky to live in a very old cottage (350 years +) on DP's family farm with our two doggies. Perfect place for kids to grow up :happydance:

I'm just so keen to get started now. Reading through this thread, I can see that however positive I try to be, it could be a long journey and you ladies are a real inspiration.

It's a very long journey indeed but when we all get what we want it will be so worth it and I stick by what I always say, we will appreciate our babies more x

Hi, I've never been on a forum before and I don't know forum etiquette, apologies if I'm doing the wrong thing (I can't find the rules), but I have a really good reason for suddenly posting.

Ok, earlier in this thread Melbram mentions trying IMSI in a NHS IVF funded attempt. In my area IMSI is offered as a private treatment only, I've asked if they will let us pay the difference between IMSI and ICSI but apparently that's not the health authority’s policy. I am going to try writing to the health authority to challenge this (we want to pay the difference not get something for nothing). If I can find another area in the UK where they will let you pay the difference or have the treatment I feel this could add to our case. I realise challenging this is naive but no one gets anywhere without challenging things. I really think IMSI could help us.

My urgency in this post is because we have our follow up with our satellite clinic on Tuesday (we got a cancellation appointment), and I wanted the info to see what my doctor thinks. Though as the satellite don't so IMSI I wonder how much he will know (satellite does drugs, scans & collection, main place does everything else).

I would appreciate anyone comments on the NHS funding or if they think I could be looking into this elsewhere.

I will post something under the 'Our Story' thread.

Me: 32, PCOS
DH: 42, low everything
TTC: 3 years
Clomid 6 months
IVF 1 03.2012: ICSI, 13 eggs, 12 fert, by day 5 - 1 6 cell & 1 8 cell - no one can tell us why this happened.
IVF 2 09.2012: ICSI 21 eggs, 16 fert, by day 5 1 Morella

From the above IMSI looks perfect for us.

Hi Minxychik

I heard about IMSI through another thread - when I attended my follow up appointment following failed IVF I asked whether we could used IMSI on the next go but obviously pay for it - the nurse seemed a bit taken back when I mentioned it but said she would ask for me or I should mentioned it to the consultant when I start my next cycle. I wont be starting my next cycle until next year so havent looked into it any further im afraid.

I never understand why the clinic dont offer some private "add-ons" to NHS funded patients - do they want to make some money or what! If I hadnt heard about IMSI on a thread I wouldnt know it existed which really hacks me off when using it could be the difference between a BFP and a BFN

I would be really interested to know what response you get x

Hi to everyone else - Pinkie have are you getting on ?

Hi guys, has anyone tried contacting whomever the private co/lab would be who does the service giving you NHL a hand with coordination? Sometimes I find if you baby them they respond better (making them aware you already know all the ins & outs) and maybe they either know you can't be fooled or know you are quite serious about the thing you want. Either way I wish you good luck with it! :dust:

Hi
Haven't been on for such a long time.
Been stressed with work. I've now been made manager now.

I had never heard of imsi before melbram said about it.
But seems crazy the Nhs won't let you pay for something extra.
Hope you can find out something before your appt.

Work starts on our house next week. I think the time is going slow tho. Can't wait til Xmas then start in jan x

Hi All

I'm waiting for AF :growlmad: I was due Friday and I'm usually regular within a day max. Tested - BFN. So once she finally arrives I can book my AFC scan and DP in for (yet another) SA. I really need to learn how to be patient as this process is pushing my boundaries! The worst thing is needing to try and plan work around appointments, when you dont even know when they might be!

mummy.wannabe - congrats on being made manager. Christmas will be here before you know it.

Melbram - how are you coping with waiting for the next cycle?

Hey
Thank you.
The more you stress about your late af the longer it will take. Mine took Forever to come. Was nearly 3 weeks late. Try and do things that take your mind off things. Go shopping, go out for dinners, chill out things. Treat yourself to a massage or manicure etc

I can't wait to get started. Since my mc I have had a period every other week, it's so annoying. It really messes with things but hoping when I get back into a regular routine my cycles will be shorter x

I hope your cycles get back on track soon for you, that must be pretty awful :hugs:

AFM AF arrived yesterday. Booked in for scan and bloods for me, bloods and SA for DP tomorrow afternoon. We then meet the consultant a week today to find out what they are going to do next.

Quite curious about SA as DP has lost 5.5 stone, stopped drinking and taken every single vitamin and supplement I've thrown at him since May so I have everything crossed! Having said that, after the last SA, even if we doubled our results it would take us to a nice round dozen in total! Ho hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"