waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi GdaneMom4now and Airotciv sorry you have found yourself here but there are lots of people here to help wherever possible. I have found I got a lot more information on how to prepared for IVF etc from the girls here than from the hospital.

So where are you both up to with regards to tests now - what's your next step? make sure your OHs are taking Vitc (1000mg), Vit E and Zincto help with count etc x I was taking royal jelly which is meant to be good for your eggs but for some reason stopped taking it when I start the injections because I didnt really want to be taking the injections + having other tablets. I really wish I would have carried on taking them though because they might have helped with the quality of my eggs.

Hi mummywannabe everything croseds for the go ahead on Wednesday so you have your EC on Friday.....I hope your stubborn lil follies arent a reflection on how stubborn your lil babie might be on comming out :haha:

afm dont feel a great deal different just feel like I am due on but praying to get my BFP on Friday!

Oh god melbrum I didn't think of that. My hubby would say I'm stubborn ha but I don't think so.

Really for my fingers crossed for you.

I've stuck myself into Some books to keep myself from things about all day long x

mummy.wannabe: Yea I was in denial for a while. We did one IUI which obviously didn't take. I wanted to go through everything else before we made such a big commitment...but I've come to terms with it, now I just hope it works for everyone! Hoping my hubby will become more comfortable in the time. He's good with it right now but kind of iffy too. I don't know. Confusing emotions lol. I"ll have to go through and read your whole story. I only read the first post. I hope this long/confusing cycle ends up in your BFP!! I had thought about telling a fib about my TTC length, but my doc was willing to help me as soon as she realized I had a problem. I did 6 months of clomid, metformin, and femara with IUI and then fertilaid. I'm now at 18 months of trying and kind of at the end of my rope with TTC. I felt like I was rushing into it because you always hear of girls trying for so much longer before IVF, so I love to hear I'm not alone in that aspect and that I'm not rushing it. It feels great not to feel so alone. I'm doing the same as you...burying myself in books to try and keep my mind busy.

airotciv: I remember you from the TTC forums. I"m sorry you haven't gotten your bfp yet and you're where I am now. That's awesomet that we'll be starting around the same time, and we can go through it together. I wish you the best of luck with everything and hope yyou get your bfp before your IVF.

Melbram: Thanks for the welcome! Sorry to you also. It sucks that we all have to be here, but at least we can help each other out. My hubs is on fertilaid for men. I have had all the tests I need and we can start whenever we want, but we're holding off until my hubby gets a bonus from his job. Have any of you financed this through ARC or another financial institution for infertility? Very best of luck to you for testing on friday. How exciting!!

Okay, now I gotta go read the rest of this thread! :)

Luckily this cycle has been on teh NHS so I have not had to think about the funding thank got because there would be no way I could come up with the funds...that must just add to the already mounting stress!

Gdane My hubby found it very hard!
I was very emotional, literally everyday I'd have a break down and it would make him feel worse but I couldn't stop myself. At 26 I never thought this would be the way we would have to conceive our 1st baby.

I don't think it's a case of rushing into it. If you go through all your tests and they realise there's nothing else they can do or you can take to help you fall then you just have to pull yourself together, Start researching what will be done etc and wait!
Oh the waiting!!!! Feels like forever. When both you and your partner have a problem they won't waste money on giving you clomid etc because my hubby's count was low it still wouldn't have worked. It wasnt until I was refered to ivf and then had my 1st Hospital check, as before now I'd had the all clear apart from irregular peroids,which they always fell you to loose weight and see if they become more regular.
The hospital like to do there own checks, even tho they already know the results, they like to have the hard copy. So you go for an internal scan whilst on your period as they can see a lot more and realised I had pcos on the left side and endometriosis, only slight on the right side. So my hospital missed this as I had the all clear.
My hubby then became a lot more relaxed as he realised it wasn't all his fault and as a result his count went up a fair bit.

Any questions you girls have melbram and I can try an answer as best we can. Not saying we know it all but we might have experienced some of it.

My nurse rang me yesterday afternoon, said egg collection will be Thursday!
They originally wanted me back weds and collection Friday.
So I hadn't received my last trigger shot or my progesterone pessaries which I hate the thought of but people are saying they are better than the ones you use vaginaly as they are messy and you know the back passage is tighter. Yuk! Ha
So got to go up to London again today.
That will be the 7th or 8th time in 2 weeks!

Fortunately being in the uk and having not been pregnant Before we are allowed it free on the national health service.
I know at my hospital in hammersmith that it costs £3100 for private ivf but if you are willing to share your eggs, so what ever they take from you, you share half with a lady of similar looks to you and heard that its £900 so that's just covering the meds as that's the expensive bit.
But that's a lot to think about sharing.

Sorry what a long message ha

Melbram how are you sweet? X

Hi, i hope you don't mind me popping in with a question for mummy.wannabe - I am also waiting for IVF - i will be referred at my next appointment on 28th August. I fall under the Harrow PCT which offers one round free, but looking at the internet, it seems Herts PCT's offer 3 attempts. We have discussed moving house once we have had our one chance here, to enable us to get further free attempts. Do you know if that info is correct or is it 1 for you as well ?
Thank you and good luck to everyone
xxx

Hello ducktales
That is correct I get 3 attempts but you would have to find out how that applies to you, and if they will still give you trys elsewhere after they know you've moved. I'm sure I've heard of it being fine and another hospital are willing for you to start again as such but they may ask to do testing again as hospitals like to have the hard copy of results x

HI mummywannabe : good luck with your collection on Thursday :happydance:

afm had some brown discharge this morning which would normally indicate the :witch: is comming :cry:

Or could be old blood from implantation! Think positive , we can do it x

Good Luck tomorrow mummywannabe! everything crossed for lots of good quality eggies x

We left home a while ago, so unbelievable tired and so nervous.
Just want it over now.
Update you when I'm feeling ok x

Awe im so sorry. Just keep fx'd that one (or both) will be sticky beans!

Mummywannabe: sorry you didnt have more eggs and I know it will feel like there is more pressure but I have everything crossed that the two you have are good quality and will fertilise for you. You only need one good one! A lady on another site on here only had two eggs and one of hers fertilised and made it to transfer - keep your spirits up its not over yet !

loads of babydust comming your way :dust::dust::dust:

afm - test day tomorrow so it will be a nervewracking morning for us both x

Well I got a :bfn: followed by the :witch: :growlmad:

Bring on round 2 ! x

Hope you get better news this morning mummywannabe x

Oh no I'm so sorry melbram!!! This whole thing sucks. You hear good news then have to wait again, then wait some more once you've heard the next thing.

Do they say how lOng you have to wait to start again?

I got the call and my little 2 have fertilised so I'm a lot happier. But still petrified at the thought of things not working still.

that's great news that they both fertilised - so you are waiting for the call to come in any day then - exciting! xxx

I have to havre three period to let my ovaries recovery then I can start again. Just waiting for a consultation appointment to discuss last cycle and whether to change things for the next x ill be taking extra vitamins for the next round and making sure I start on the protein shakes from day 1 of stimming x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->