Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

Jrepp- Wow, awesome job on not testing!

Arabelle- I can't want to see your test!

AFM- 6dpo, just trying to get through the next 5 days until I test next Wed. Should be 11dpo then so not too terribly early. Not feeling optimistic this cycle because of the Progesterone. I can't tell if the symptoms are from that or not- I feel really sweaty, horribly angry and depressed, crampy/achey, back hurts, nipples hurt, SO sensitive to smells, and a lot of other stuff I'm probably missing. I'm only on 100mg 1x/day (low dose) and temps have flattened out. Tons of creamy cm and high cervix, but I keep googling the odds of it working this cycle and the numbers aren't very high so I'm going off the assumption it's on to the next cycle. I'm having an HSG done cd 6-10 next cycle, I'm stocked up on OPKs and HPTs, and I guess it's just try to get through the next 3 cycles and hope it works. Then it's time to re-visit the plan and see what our next step is.

Hey sorry about the negative Slg. Maybe I wouldn't bother with those tests again.

Afm think I'm 2dpo (roughly) Defo reckon I'm past ovulation. So I'm in the tww. Must. Not. Test. Until 24th.

Good afternoon ladies. I finally pooped a little bit, and now I can't stop farting lol. My temped jumped a little bit today. Cervix still high, firm and closed. Crazy dream with no words and only small clips of time. My abdomen is bloated and still pretty constipated. I feel like my uterus is full and tender to the touch. Have any of you experienced that?

I do have a question maybe you ladies can help me figure out, as my mc cycles skew the information. My LP ranges from 12 to 15 days (with the average being 13 if you don't count the mc's). With the mc it's 15 day average. I'm currently 12 dpo. Should I count the mc cycles in average LP length or not?

I wouldn't think the mc would affect your LP so I would include it if I were you.

I picked up a few books from the library, one is called the panic-free pregnancy. I'm 28 pages in and will be returning it to the library. Why you ask? I got to the following question: I've take a pregnancy test every month for the last four months when my period was late by more than one day, and it shows that I've had two miscarriages. What should I do? Are you ready for the answer? Brace yourselves, I read this unprepared. "Stop using pregnancy tests until you're at least two weeks past your expected period...You are more likely than not to lose a pregnancy identified on the basis of an early urine test. Having this hapen reprtitively does not mean that you have "recurrent pregnancy loss" or recurrent miscarriages. It just means that you're using a new technology where it doesnt truly need to be used." She goes on to suggest that two-four weeks after a missed period is a normal time to test. Are you kidding me?! A loss at 6-8 weeks is most certainly a miscarriage. What is wrong with this author, who is by the way an ob?!!

Yep, that book belongs back at the library ASAP. Or maybe it should be used as a doorstop instead of being read. How stupid! It's not as if the baby never existed or as if you wouldn't be aware of the pregnancy just because you didn't take an hpt. I feel bad for this doctor's patients.

Seriously!? At 6 weeks pregnant an mc is painfully obvious compared to a normal AF. At 8 weeks I imagine it's pretty excruciating. It's not like you wouldn't realise, and it's not like mothers in the 70s wouldn't realise just because a little stick hadn't shown a positive. Is it written by a man?

Arabelle - Yay for a squinter! I hope it sticks! What you just quoted from that book has made me so incredibly angry I could throw things. I'm not one for censorship or anything :winkwink:, but I say THAT BOOK SHOULD BE BURNED.

GrGirl - That sure is a lot of symptoms! I hope you can hang in there for a few more days until you can test.

I wouldn't think the mc would affect your LP so I would include it if I were you.

The reason I said mc cycles is my first miscarriage occurred 16dpo, the second at 22dpo, making my LP seem longer.

I picked up a few books from the library, one is called the panic-free pregnancy. I'm 28 pages in and will be returning it to the library. Why you ask? I got to the following question: I've take a pregnancy test every month for the last four months when my period was late by more than one day, and it shows that I've had two miscarriages. What should I do? Are you ready for the answer? Brace yourselves, I read this unprepared. "Stop using pregnancy tests until you're at least two weeks past your expected period...You are more likely than not to lose a pregnancy identified on the basis of an early urine test. Having this hapen reprtitively does not mean that you have "recurrent pregnancy loss" or recurrent miscarriages. It just means that you're using a new technology where it doesnt truly need to be used." She goes on to suggest that two-four weeks after a missed period is a normal time to test. Are you kidding me?! A loss at 6-8 weeks is most certainly a miscarriage. What is wrong with this author, who is by the way an ob?!!

I do see what they are saying, which is not something us ttc-ers want to hear. 75-80% off all miscarriages occur within the first 6 weeks. Most people who are trying to conceive are testing at approximately 4 weeks, leaving a 2 week gap for possible miscarriage. If you were to wait until 6 weeks, or 2 weeks after a missed period, the chances of a viable pregnancy are greatly increased. In the question it seems like the person got a late period, took a test and then started to bleed..... Not a few weeks later, but a few days later.

Took an hpt when I got home (no idea how long the hold was) and it was negative. Very achy uterus, so not sure if it's AF or a baby getting comfy.

Well, I happen to believe that a baby is a baby and a miscarriage at any stage is a devastating loss and one to be mourned. And most people with regular AFs would KNOW something is up the moment their AF was late. The book is stupid and there is absolutely no validity to what it is saying at all. Of COURSE three losses under 6 weeks are recurrent losses. The book is obviously outdated and not medically backed up at all.

Sorry, way too angry.

I agree with you that a loss is a loss, but I also see what the book is saying about testing early.

Linny- yes indeed, written by a man, that was the first thing I checked after reading the mc bit. Scary thing is he's and OB!

Sadly this book was recommended to me. I read a few other sections and he also gives faulty information in the foods to avoid section (I have a food science degree, it's a topic I'm pretty comfortable with!). Either, the book is going back, and I will take the time to post a few scathing reviews.

JR- that is very confusing. Although early on levels are low enough that urine concentration matters. Testing tomorrow? I'm *trying+ to hold off until Sunday.

LL- thanks; it's driving me nuts not knowing if I should blame it on the progesterone or not.

As for the book, I can see both sides. I consider all 3 of mine losses, but had I waited until period was a week late, I wouldn't have known about 2 of them. I would've had my suspicions but I know I wouldn't be hurting the way I am now. I would've thought I only had one loss and I would've still been hopeful. I don't have much hope now. I think my mental health would be a lot better now had I tested later. On the other hand, all 3 times they were so very wanted, even if it was for a week or 10 days only.

And all that being said I know myself and know I can't wait til AF is due let alone late to test. At least right now. I may consider doing this after a few more cycles. I'm almost ready to give up and just pretend it was a late AF, not another loss, if it happens again. Not that the RE would really go for that...

Hello ladies
I've been lurking for a while. I had a d&c 2.5 weeks ago and the bleeding is finally down to spotting/brown stained mucous. I've been taking agnus castus since the d&c but yesterday I was having alot of cm. The only other time I've had this much cm is when we conceived our little lost bean. Is it possible to ovulate before the bleeding/spotting stops? Can I try if I'm ovulating but still spotting or do I need to wait? I took a hpt 2days ago and it was faint but still very definitely positive. I haven't tried opks yet. Might try one this evening if there is still as much cm. Please give some advice.
L

Linny- yes indeed, written by a man, that was the first thing I checked after reading the mc bit. Scary thing is he's and OB!

Sadly this book was recommended to me. I read a few other sections and he also gives faulty information in the foods to avoid section (I have a food science degree, it's a topic I'm pretty comfortable with!). Either, the book is going back, and I will take the time to post a few scathing reviews.

JR- that is very confusing. Although early on levels are low enough that urine concentration matters. Testing tomorrow? I'm *trying+ to hold off until Sunday.

Stupid post somehow didn't show up. If AF doesn't show up tonight or tomorrow, I'll test Sunday morning.

Hi loribelle, please do join. I think if you are comfortable with it start using opks, someone on this thread got her first pos opk thr day her hpt turned negative sonyou never know. Ive conceived twice right after a loss (the first time resulted in a loss) but that was bad luck aparently.

Arabelle im shocked at the book :( i get not testing early etc (ok i know we should be testing at 10dpo but that doesnt stop me)!but really testing so late? :(

Any other squinters this morning?

GRGirl - I know how you feel. I've been really paranoid at times that maybe I have a progesterone problem and another tragedy could be so easily avoided if my dr would just test. In all the tests your RE did, did they not check progesterone? I truly hope this month is your rainbow BFP month so that all these worries can just dissolve.

Loribelle - Welcome here and I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs: I am not sure if you can ovulate while spotting or not but I suppose anything is possible, especially after an m/c. Good idea to try an opk, although they can show positive if you have hCG in your system as well.

Celine - How are you doing? Do you have another scan booked any time soon? I can't believe how far along you are! :happydance:

Morning ladies. If you don't count the mc cycles, AF should have been here yesterday or today. Cervix still high, firm and closed. Bfn on frer this morning. I'm going to have to wait it out, but I'm calling this cycle a negative.

I feel like such a failure. I cried all night because I just want to give my husband a family (besides me and my jokingly 6 personalities).

Jrepp - So sorry you are feeling down. Know that's it's not just YOUR responsibility to "give your husband" a family. You are both in this together and none of this is your fault. I am sure you will get your rainbow baby sooo soon. And AF not being here yet is wonderfully promising!

Well said LL, JR it's not your responsibility to give your husband a family. You wouldnt blame hi
If the issue is with his sperm, so dont blame yourself. I k ow it's really tough to handle loss and ttc, but blaming yourself only makes you feel worse, it doesnt gelp anything.

No sign of AF is still a good thing. Late implantation could mean your levels are too low to show up.

AFM-Managed not to test this morning. I'm 12 dpo. I will likely not be able to control myself tomorrow morning. Still having all the symptoms, plus strange vivid sex dreams. Lol, I wake up and laugh and wonder what on earth triggered these dreams, two nights in a row now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->