Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

Thanks ItsAWonder. Yes i'm definitely looking for all the positives so i don't start throwing stuff! No i'm ok really, nervous about telling OH because he'll be dissapointed again and i'll probably cry but ok and positive otherwise. I might get some wine in ;)

In terms of cycles i was putting it from the mc so cycle 0 is straight after miscarriage and cycle 1 after first AF but i can put cycle ? after mc and cycle ? TTC for you?? I obviously got yours wrong so tell me where you are! xx

Afternoon All :hugs:

How are you all today?

Welcome Penguin and Celesse nice to have you here and sorry for your losses.

Munchkin thanks for the SMEP il leave all the working out to you as even though ive had 6 pregnancies and 2 M/C ive no idea what all the abbreviated jargon means at all.

My MC seems to be over i got my BFN so im just waiting for my next AF and will get going thereafter nice to have you all here to go through this with xx

Currently taking:
Vit B6
Vitex
EPO
Pregnacare preconception
Additional folic acid
Flaxseed oil
Spa-tone in a fresh fruit smoothie

I've just done a months shopping with fertility/miscarriage prevention foods in mind. .... apart from chocolate... still need to buy chocolate!

Just retested as hadn't done one today and its now 12/13dpo level so my hCG must be dropping pretty quickly.

I've also got a Zestica conception kit to try out (for purposes of blog review). Its got different gels, ones to get vaginal flora to optimal levels and then sperm friendly conception gel. So I'm well geared to give everything the best chance I can. But I only have the one kit so don't want to waste it.

There's also that part of me... the little bit of the human brain that ignore logic completely.....that is telling me this was all for a reason and that I would never have conceived now under normal circumstances and that the miscarriage has given me that little push to get pregnant now.

Ive been taking the Spatone as think im Anemic after the MC as im so tired wake up feeling as tired as i did when i went to sleep x

Celesse what does your shopping consist of?? I need ideas and something new to obsess about in the new cycle! You sound nearly as bad as me with your holland and barret's shopping list!! I might try the spatone. The gels sound really good, i'll give it a miss this month but might try next month if i don't get bfp.
I love your positive attitude and i think we all need to think things happen for a reason. My baby was due at the end of January and i was thinking i should wait to ttc a spring summer baby but was too impatient, but now fate has made me wait anyway! It would be end of may if i conceive this cycle.

i might try the spatone, maybe i'm aneamic?? It's worth a try anyway.

Aurora google SMEP it stands for Sperm Meets Egg Plan. Basically you start bding cd8, unless you have a long cycle when it's cd10 and do every other day til you get a positive opk when you dtd that day and the 2 days after and then miss a day and dtd once more. I've got close to doing it properly a few times but i don't see the point in the last one if you confirmed you ov'd like 4 days earlier!! xx

RE: SMEP - both times I got pregnant was using this plan. We did not follow it this month as we wanted a laid back ttc experience but will again next month. I think it works wonders.

Munchkin - thanks for clarifying the list. I have had 2 AFs since my miscarriage but this is my first month ttc since m/c.

We are actually being really laid back about it all now. Before and after my first m/c we did everything right. I drank grapefruit juice for CM, changed my diet, change my exercise routine, etc., etc., and I still had a 2nd m/c. Now, I am not doing anything but enjoying it, taking pre-natals and going to acupuncture. I even stopped taking DHA. My doc said at this point, why take anything that's not necessary or natural? I am eating Pacific Salmon instead which I always used to eat before ttc to get all those good oils. Thinking about all the other stuff just stressed me out.

If it's healthy it will stick - that's my new theory. (Although, the study that I read and love states that, those of us w/ multiple m/c's and no explanation why may just be super fertile. The eggs that normally would just expel still fertilize. I like this theory. It makes me feel less defective :) Of course there are studies to support almost every claim.)

I am sure I will take this all day by day and who knows what I will be doing next month!

I've updated the list! Well I'm only 4 days behind you so I can follow you SMEPing this month. I take everything at the mo but have had cycles when I've taken it easy. When I was ttc last time I temped for k

months then the month I got my bfp I wasn't temping at all. Ill temp again this month to check my cycle is working but won't after that x

ItsAWonder, I read the same study and liked it too! In my entire life I've only had sex during ovulation 3 times and got pregnant each time. Before I read it I'd already thought maybe I had the miscarriage because I get pregnant too easily so this study felt very relevant to me.

I kinda know that whatever I do its probably not gonna make a difference, but it feels good to be doing something rather than just waiting for 2 pink lines again.

How long after you guys MC'd and got your :bfn: did you get your 1st :af:?

Totally understand the feeling of doing something is better than nothing. It's so crazy and every day is completely different than the last or the next. Like I said, calm this month (so far) next month I'll probably be taking every supplement handed to me...

I debating temping this month again. Now that I haven't I keep questioning if I actually ovulated. My acupuncturist's intention has been to get rid of all PMS symptoms so I have none. I don't know if it's the acupuncture or after m/c changes but usually I have symptoms from ovulation on so I have questioned if I even ovulated or if I just got an LH surge. I am glad to be rid of PMS but I wonder if I should have waited until I got to my "normal" first. Either way, I do love going.

Aurora - I got a BFN about a week before my HCG hit negative numbers. Once my HCG hit 6 (5 or less is technically negative) I got my first AF. In total it was 5 1/2 weeks to go from 56,800+ to 6. Mine was really, really light but very crampy. I did not ovulated before my first AF that I know of.

I only tested two weeks after mc and it was already bfn

Annie - I got my BFN less than 2 weeks after the mc, and 2 days after my bleeding had completely stopped. However, I was very early on when I had my m/c and I didn't have any remaining tissue so I think that helped. I know how you feel about not being able to wait to TTC again! I hope your scan goes well and nothing is remaining.

Aurora - Congrats on the BFN (weird)! You are well on your way to your first O post m/c! Good luck!
I got AF about 20 days after I got a BFN. I ovulated 6 days after my BFN and then had a 13 day LP. But everyone is different!

Munchkin - So sorry about your disappointing chemical pregnancy. :( I can imagine you are pretty sad but as you said, at least now you will never have to worry about any sort of "risk" with getting PG before your first AF. Now we are both on the same cycle and hopefully we will both get our BFPs in September! Woohoo! I can't wait...although I'm feeling a bit detached about the whole thing I think because I'm scared to be excited again. :(

Thanks for doing that list of our progress! It looks exciting to see everyone's progress together.

Celine - I constantly googled ectopic pregnancies with my last pregnancy as well. You really should just stay away from google altogether! It will just unnecessarily worry you and there's no reason to think you will have one. I'm sure you can't wait for your scan!

Celesse - Welcome here.

Well, my AF was really not that bad for being my first after the m/c! It was MUCH heavier than usual on days 2 and 3, but then it suddenly got extremely light for day 4, and today I only have a tiny bit of spotting so I think it's pretty much done! I normally have a full 6 or 7 days of bleeding with the last day just being some spotting (but more than the spotting I'm having now). I had cramps, but not nearly as bad as usual either. Weird. I'll be plenty happy if my AFs are better now. But obviously I hope I don't have to have any more AFs for 9 months! :p

How long after you guys MC'd and got your :bfn: did you get your 1st :af:?

I basically ov'd straight after the bfn so I suppose i got AF 12 days later! Lots of ladies seem to get AF or ov straight after the bfn and if its ov you'll most likely get AF by the end of your normal luteal phase or sooner x

I guess it makes sense to get AF just after BFN. In a normal cycle progesterone levels drop and period starts. hCG makes sure progesterone levels don't drop so when its gone they drop and AF starts.

When I stopped the pill before starting having babies on day 10 of the packet my first "cycle" was about 10 days and an-ovulatory, so I'm wondering if I'll get AF first.

Annie - I got my BFN less than 2 weeks after the mc, and 2 days after my bleeding had completely stopped. However, I was very early on when I had my m/c and I didn't have any remaining tissue so I think that helped. I know how you feel about not being able to wait to TTC again! I hope your scan goes well and nothing is remaining.

Aurora - Congrats on the BFN (weird)! You are well on your way to your first O post m/c! Good luck!
I got AF about 20 days after I got a BFN. I ovulated 6 days after my BFN and then had a 13 day LP. But everyone is different!

Munchkin - So sorry about your disappointing chemical pregnancy. :( I can imagine you are pretty sad but as you said, at least now you will never have to worry about any sort of "risk" with getting PG before your first AF. Now we are both on the same cycle and hopefully we will both get our BFPs in September! Woohoo! I can't wait...although I'm feeling a bit detached about the whole thing I think because I'm scared to be excited again. :(

Thanks for doing that list of our progress! It looks exciting to see everyone's progress together.

Celine - I constantly googled ectopic pregnancies with my last pregnancy as well. You really should just stay away from google altogether! It will just unnecessarily worry you and there's no reason to think you will have one. I'm sure you can't wait for your scan!

Celesse - Welcome here.

Well, my AF was really not that bad for being my first after the m/c! It was MUCH heavier than usual on days 2 and 3, but then it suddenly got extremely light for day 4, and today I only have a tiny bit of spotting so I think it's pretty much done! I normally have a full 6 or 7 days of bleeding with the last day just being some spotting (but more than the spotting I'm having now). I had cramps, but not nearly as bad as usual either. Weird. I'll be plenty happy if my AFs are better now. But obviously I hope I don't have to have any more AFs for 9 months! :p

Why Weird Literati? When i got my hcg bloods done on the Thursday they were at 4800 went back on the Saturday got more done but dont know what they were as id already started bleeding, they then scanned and was nothing there, i lost on the Sunday last week, i tested this saturday same day as stopped bleeding and i got a BFN. and that was that and how it is sometimes according to MW so i dont know xx

I ended up being admitted to hospital last night and had an erpc today - full story is in my journal but its quite long so won't post it here.

So anyway, I'm hoping it's all nearly over. Munchkin great idea about keeping a list of where we all are. For me mc started on 8th Aug, classed as incomplete so erpc on 19th Aug (after the worst 11 days of my life so far) Hopefully will get my bfn soon, will update when I do.

So glad I have this forum, it's good to have people to talk to who have been through it and can't wait to see some more BFPs in here :hugs:

Aurora - It is just weird that my periods seem to have gotten better after the m/c as opposed to much worse, like most people say your first one after an m/c will be. I am perfectly happy about it, though.

Annie - Sorry you ended up in the hospital! I hope this whole ordeal can be over for you soon. :( I know how emotionally draining it is.

Oh and by the way I'm SMEPing this month if anyone wants to join me? X

I wasn't intentionally but it seems like we started so may as well keep going now! Funny how it works out.

Currently cycle 1 CD12.

No signs of ferning as of this morning so not sure how long/ short/ normal/ abnormal my cycle will be this month. Before TTC I used to be so regular! I had been off hormonal BC for 3 years prior to TTC, it is so annoying to be out of whack now.

I'll be back in the next day or so with lots of questions, pretty busy at work today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->