Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

Sara- glad that you can start meds. Hopefully that is all you need to get a little rainbow! Very interesting about the LH bit. I also have high LH (goes along with the "a bit polycystic" ovaries).

Penguin- yay!! Thinking of
you, and really hoping iui is the answer for you :flower:

GR - I'm not familiar with that procedure. I guess this is a more thorough look than u/s? What else are they testing right away? Extensive bloodwork? I hope you don't find the procedure too uncomfortable.

Linny- aww, blame the hormones. Hope you made up :)

Afm- thanks for all the lovely cheering! I'm away on business, and then for Christmas so not online as much. Got a super dark frer Tuesday morning. The test line came up instantly, before the control line! I'm feeling queasy and have been dry heaving two days in a row, so I hope that's a good sign that this eggy wants to stick around. I have decided not to get betas unless something happens to freak me out. We'll see how that goes...

Penguin- thanks :) I feel bad whining because I know people like you and others have been at it longer than me, but it just gets so draining, ya know? Trying and trying and trying and the ups and downs... So I decided after some advice from Arabelle and others (and doing some deep thinking on my own) that I have to focus on the rest of my life, not just TTC. So I'm going in and doing all the testing/RE visits, but I'm trying to score a better paying job, work on getting a house in our price range, and try to take my mind off TTC.I have 3 Master's degrees and the potential to do a lot with my career, but I kind of pushed it to the side in 2013 because of TTC. I just coasted all year and I'm not doing that for 2014- more $ helps us out all around.

Jrepp- Insurance only covers 50% of the HSG so it cost me $87. It's still not bad, but the costs are starting to add up (it covers 50% of meds and ultrasounds/the HSG and a lap if needed, 100% of lab bloodwork, and 0% of any actual IVF/IUI procedures).

Sara- I never knew that about the LH being high. I can't even remember anymore if it was in the bloodwork my doctor recommended for me or not. I'm going in today after work to have my fasting glucose drawn, so no food for 8 hours. Part of the panel she ran (and keeps running) on me.

Arabelle- so happy for you!!! Send some good luck vibes my way :) Right now the RE is just doing bloodwork and the HSG as a start. Might do a SA on DF (oh he will LOVE that!) too. Depending on those results, we'll know where to go from there.

AFM- cd 2, gearing up for my interview today. Tomorrow is my last day at work, and then I have 36 days until the wedding! 5 weeks left to finish up the planning and get everything ready and then I'll be in Mexico for a week :) The honeymoon should be right around/just before O if things stay consistant, so that would be cool :) Maybe the "relax and don't think about TTC" thing will work since I'll be vacationing then :)

Looks like it's me, Sara, Jrepp, Penguin for next cycle. Oh and Boodley :) One of us has to get a BFP! (preferably all of us ; )

Gr - And me:winkwink: - just started spotting wth is going on 16 day lp:wacko:

Sorry not been on much ladies having problems with my eldest - he has autism:wacko: also been working a lot - been stalking though:winkwink:

:hugs:

X

GARFIE!!!!!!!!!! You've been missed!!!!!!!!!!! You're just a given ;) I always count you in for another cycle :)

Sorry things have been rough- my younger brother is on the spectrum and it can be draining. :hugs:

Hey everyone ill be gone for a few days ill update you when I test Monday or Tue. I'm 8dpo I think and stupidly tested today smu. Just wanted to be able to drink this weekend guilt free which I now can.

Good luck everyone x

At least two bfps must come this next cycle fx!

Btw my scan today went well and i was surprised to see a bouncing perfect little bean <3 i did a double take when she said "so you sre 12 weeks?" And she had a sympathetic look when confirmed it was indeed 5th pregnancy with two living children.

Garfie :hugs:

Celine - wonderful news about your scan! Do you feel more relaxed now? Will you be sharing your news soon? So exciting!

GR- you have 3 masters? Amazing! I think all of your plans to put some focus on other things are great! But don't worry, I will not stop sending :dust: your way!

Apple- 8 dpo is too early, don't be discouraged by a bfn!

Afm- I've had some clear cm the last few days. Not a lot, but enough to notice. Anyone else have this?

Confused myself. Basically 2 tests I have used in past are giving me 2 different opinions. And 2 I have used here and there were doing same. So was lost of what one is right. BD to cover bases:p Been BD alot and last month was a chemical and REALLY pissed me off cause I knew I was going to get pregnant that cycle as BD SOOO often/felt different.

Stopped OPK for awhile as was so angry at all going on as been at this years and then made it till 9 weeks. Husbands sister is on 3rd pregnancy and they got married after we started trying. So strange to think of that.

GRGIRL - Glad you're trying to stay positive. I hope you get that job with double the pay. You deserve it. How exciting that your wedding is just over a month away! Your honeymoon will be suuuuch a nice, well-deserved break! I do hope January is your lucky month!

Arabelle - The dry heaving is how my ms originally started, so definitely a good sign for things to come. :winkwink: I sure hope this is your rainbow baby, and feel quite positive about this pregnancy for you!

Celine - CONGRATULATIONS on another healthy scan!!! I am sooo happy for you! I know this is your rainbow baby! :happydance: And I'm glad the person doing your ultrasound seemed sympathetic about your previous losses. :hugs:

Kittykat- I am sure with all that BDing you will have all your bases covered!

Garfie - Good to hear from you again.

Munchkin - Where did you go? Thinking of you! :hugs:

Hi ladies. I am now 8 weeks post mc and no sign of AF. I went to my RE today for an ultrasound. She says that my lining is so thin that there is nothing to shed and that there is nothing on my ovaries to indicate that I have ovulated since the mc or will ovulate anytime soon. Basically my whole system is just shut off. Assuming all my lab work from today comes back ok I can start my fertility meds tomorrow and that will force my body to cycle along with the added benefit of (hopefully) making several follicles/eggs. Not looking forward to the side effects of the medication but I am grateful to be getting things going again.

Interesting note from my RE: really high levels of LH (which I have) can cause false positives on urine pregnancy tests.

Hey Sig, seeing as that we are going to pretty much the same fertility clinic (aside from mine being at Denver Health and yours at UH), what was your first appointment like? I am trying to gather as much information as I can, so that I go in well informed and ready for whatever happens. My appointment is coincidentally scheduled for CD3 if my body cooperates and AF arrives when scheduled. That is of course assuming that I don't get pregnant this cycle or the January cycle.

The first appointment was mostly the Dr. trying to understand what we had already tried and them explaining the options that we had for treatment. I would say you should take notes with your cycle history if you have them: how long your cycles are, if/when you ovulate, your charts if you do them. Most fertility treatment starts at the beginning of a cycle so CD3 may be a good time to be seen. But, my doctor always wants a baseline ultrasound of my ovaries before she does any treatment so you may have to schedule that and then start treatment the next cycle. Probably just depends how quickly that clinic makes appointments. I'm so glad you are going in and I hope that you just need a little medication to get you pregnant :hugs:

Just got home from my pelvic pain appointment and got 27 injections this time (of which 22 were in my vaginal area). I'm in a lot of pain, but have to be at physical therapy for my foot/leg in an hour and a half. I had a nice chat with my pelvic pain doctor, who referred me to the re.

She basically told me I could try to move the appointment up and be seen at another clinic if I wanted to and that my situation is so unique medically that she didn't know what the re will want to do. She said that I do not have a fertility problem in the sense that I am unable to get pregnant, as I have regular cycles, ovulate on my own, sperm is able to reach egg and implant......my problem lies in carrying to term. It's a legit medical condition known in the medical world as recurrent early miscarriage (and covered under health insurance unlike infertility). She talked about the possibility of undergoing a laparoscopy to look for abnormalities in my uterus and the source of my pelvic pain.

Basically I'm thinking I'm just going to have fun trying this month and see what happens. I'm probably going to keep my original February appointment and not stress.

Jrepp- yeah that's my same problem, too. I can get pregnant; I just don't stay that way :( In my RE's file I'm coded as a "habitual early aborter"- if you see that in your file, that's what they call it, that and recurrent early pregnant loss (REPL). I have both in there. So after all my tests/HSG I'm not sure what the RE will do either. She's not sure yet other than baby aspirin, Progesterone, maybe injections of a blood thinner, high dose Folic Acid, etc.

Sorry about all the injections! Ow :(

Jrepp; glad that your Dr. is being supportive and sending you in the right direction. I'm interested to see what the RE will do for you. I hope your therapy appointment is easy today; sounds like you have been through enough for one day!

My RE called and said that I have to wait this cycle out. Something in my bloodwork makes her think I won't respond to the fertility meds this cycle. So next month it is. It's a bummer but I'm glad my Dr. is being thorough so I don't waste $1800 worth of meds!

Jrepp- yeah that's my same problem, too. I can get pregnant; I just don't stay that way :( In my RE's file I'm coded as a "habitual early aborter"- if you see that in your file, that's what they call it, that and recurrent early pregnant loss (REPL). I have both in there. So after all my tests/HSG I'm not sure what the RE will do either. She's not sure yet other than baby aspirin, Progesterone, maybe injections of a blood thinner, high dose Folic Acid, etc.

Sorry about all the injections! Ow :(

Somehow repl makes me feel more at ease than straight up infertility.

Jrepp; glad that your Dr. is being supportive and sending you in the right direction. I'm interested to see what the RE will do for you. I hope your therapy appointment is easy today; sounds like you have been through enough for one day!

My RE called and said that I have to wait this cycle out. Something in my bloodwork makes her think I won't respond to the fertility meds this cycle. So next month it is. It's a bummer but I'm glad my Dr. is being thorough so I don't waste $1800 worth of meds!

I'm interested as well. I can't take NSAIDs or blood thinners because of a blood disorder so the baby aspirin is out, and the pelvic doctor said more than likely the fertility meds are out because I have a normal cycle and ovulate on my own.

I have definitely been through a lot and really just want to take some pain meds and go to bed.....unfortunately I still have to get my husband from work whenever he gets off :-(

jrepp - ouchy! That sounds a bit traumatic! I didn't realise you suffered pelvic pain? Well, between that and your leg I hope it is feeling better soon!

Sara - Sorry to hear it's off this month but it's good the doctor isn't wasting your money!

Grgirl - sounds like a really healthy mental approach to things. Wow, 3 masters - you must've worked your arse off (as they say here). It's amazing how the baby-making thing can turn even the most intellectually curious mind into a hpt-opk-bfp laser beam. The best thing in the long run for children is surely parents who have a strong personal identity. It sounds as though your doc has some things to try initially....will you start trying right after the hsg - I can't remember if you said you were taking some time off it?

Hi, may I join you? It has been 22 days since I began losing my baby and I am still waiting for my hcg to drop so that I can ovulate..

So sorry for all your losses :( xxx

bad news today :cry: My RE said that my FSH was sky high. So high in fact that she thought for a minute it was a lab error. Elevated FSH means that your body is having trouble ovulating. It also means that you will not respond to fertility treatments. All I can do is wait a month and hope, hope, hope that this was a fluke and my level will come back down. My RE says she hasn't seen this before and has no idea what to expect. I'm so very disappointed.

I'm sorry Sara. Is there anything you can do to bring the levels down?

I'm sorry Sara. Is there anything you can do to bring the levels down?

unfortunately not. Hopefully my body is just doing something weird right now and the levels will come down on there own. If they don't my doctor just said that in peri-menopause there is a 5% chance of spontaneous pregnancy. No meds can help at that point.

Hi sailorsgirl, i was in first tri with you a few weeks ago and was devestated when i saw u post in the mc forum :( welcome and good luck xxx how are u checking ur hcg?
My after my first mc i ovulated three weeks later and caught it, mmc that one and ovukated a month later, caught that one too and here i am so there is lots of hopefull stories here xx

Slg that is aweful :( so they will retest in a month? And if its still high what will they do? Surely they must refer you on to someone who knows something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->