Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

SofaQueen, oh i'm very sorry you are joining us under these circumstances love. From talking to friends, cp's are very common. I think I had one a few months before my mc, but because i wasn't testing or anthing i'll never know. From the few bits and piece i've gathered, after mc *everyone* is different. Myself I think I didn't ovulate after my mc on 11 sept. I got my AF 20 days later, when my usual cycle is 28 days. So very short, but many women have much longer cycles after. It seems to depend on how fast your HCG drops. The best thing i've found is not to focus too much on the post-mc cycle. Your hormones are out of whack, and it may take a few cycles to go back to normal.

I looked into Aspirin, but according to research aspirin alone won't neccesarily prevent a miscarriage, and sometimes depending on your body it won't be any good for you. I would really only do that under guidance.

The prenatal, folic, b complex, and coq10 are exactly what i'm doing now. If you're interested in some research about mc's and ways to prevent them then my go-to place recently is here: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general

I think it's worth bearing in mind that self medicating in some instances can be problematic, say for example with Vitex. If for e.g. your mc's are because of chromosomal problems, then trying to correct percieved hormonal imbalances might just throw a spanner in the works of an otherwise perfect system. But some treatments have no contraindications and can only do good, and those are the things presently i've focused on.

You can try asking your GP for tests, but I think generally it's after 3 that they run tests, I haven't asked yet though so your GP may be open to it. You can also get very reasonably priced private blood tests (for things like prolactin, LH etc) done at some places, have a search online for places local to you. Many of them will interpret the data for you.

Never apologise for asking questions! It's great that you're taking an active role in understanding your own body! xx

LL - hehe, i've got my fingers crossed for money wasteage! x

Penguin - Ach, well at least they're going to test there's no other issues...cycsts aren't generally a massive problem are they?

Elizabean - I love symptoms! And i'd never be upset at a lady who'd suffered the same as me going on to a healthy 9 months. It's great! Glad to hear your insulin's getting treated!

Celine - ach, well hope your wait before one answer or another isn't too long!

Quick update at work

No eggy this month :cry:

Opk negative:shrug:

:hugs:

X

Hi 3 minions and sofaqueen, so sorry for you losses. Sofaqueen after my mmc I had an erpc when I would have been 14 weeks after not being able to miscarry naturally so I counted that as cd1, I ovulated 3 weeks later and fell pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately that was a cp and I counted the day I started bleeding as cd1. I think I ovulated on cd12 which means my cycle is almost back to normal - it's normally 24-25 days.

Elizabean I love hearing about symptoms, like you say it gives us hope we could be there in a few weeks. Sorry to hear your diabetes is not staying the same but if its your hormones knocking the levels out of whack then it's a good sign for baby even though its bad for you! I'm feeling so positive about you and iaw this time, I really want to see you both finally getting that take home baby :hugs:

Garfie I'm sorry your body is not doing what it should. Could it be pcos? I know that can show positives numerous times through the month even though you don't ovulate.

Literati I can't wait for you to test tomorrow, surely it's time for another bfp in here!

Penguin sorry you got a bfn but hopefully you're just testing too early. At least your doctors are being proactive and hopefully the scan will shine some light on what's going on in there.

Celine how's it going? Have you had any more spotting?

Linny sorry the witch showed but at least it's a clean slate, hopefully this will be the month.

Apple how are you? I've forgotten where you are in your cycle sorry.

If I've forgotten anyone else I'm sorry, this group is growing!!

Where is munchkin in her cycle? If I remember right she'll be ready to test when she gets back off her holiday, how exciting!

AFM, I'm 2dpo now and am keeping myself busy. I have dd and my nephew on a Friday so get to see how hard 2 little ones are! I get asked if they're twins all the time, they look very similar and are only 3 months apart so they're very close. I'm shattered by nap time though!

Garfie :( im not into charting so i cant help by looking at it but so frustrating after all those positive opks! Are you 100% sure of all those temps?

Hi anniebobs - shattered by naptime with the two little ones hmmm sounds about right haha

Nope ive had zero spotting excecot for the three drops on wed..odd?

Im getting ahead of myself bcos as far s i know i havent yet ovulated and have had loads of negative opks except for the week of my last bfp...and im "feeling" pregnant..wishful thinking i know! Urgh!

Celine- thanks... But unfortunately I caved and tested today and it was BFN. Has anyone still gotten a BFN at 11dpo but still been pregnant?
I hope the fact that you're "feeling pregnant" means that you are and you just somehow missed finding out you ovulated!!

Annie- welcome to the TWW! Good luck with your babysitting endeavour. I always find watching nieces/nephes so tiring, but it is a great way to bond with them. Hopefully 2 won't be too overwhelming!

Penguin- sorry about your neg. :( I'm in the same boat. There is still a chance! Glad your dr will do more tests to cover all bases.

Garfie- so sorry you did not ovulate this month. :( your body did try very hard! Hopefully next month things will be back to normal.

Linny- have you at least indulged in some drinks to treat yourself for starting a new cycle?

Elizabean- great to hear about your symptoms. Don't feel bad at all. You deserve this!

AFM - 11 DPO. BFN. But temps went up pretty high today! I was sooo emotional last night and cried about the prospect of filling my car up with gas. Thankfully DH caved and did it for me and also brought me back Cheetos! He is a sweetie. ;)

Literati with my mmc I got a bfn at 10 dpo and tested again at 13dpo and got a bfp. So you're still in with a shot!

I look after him every Friday because my sister's at uni, he is no trouble it's my dd whos the handful! I was a hyper child too though so I expected it! My sister was quite shy and quiet and so is my nephew, it's so funny seeing their little personalities develop at this age.

anniebobs- erm dunno where i am in cycle tbh 30 days since last d&c roughly 16 since my first negative hpt.

literati-love- i have caved my way through the test i brought so now i cant test again- if they are in my house i test. last test was wednesday and it was very negative.

10dpo is still early though esp. since you don't know at what point could have implanted.

AFM- yeah avoiding the sticks as af may not be due for weeks however i have had a couple of symptoms which in the past have meant either Af or bfp on the way;

Spot break out
short tempered
feel 'fat' (maybe bloated maybe being grumpy)

so in short who knows? its not been easy as i thought not to obsess over it :(

Annie- thanks. That's good to know and gives me some hope.

That is so sweet that your nephew is so well-behaved. That is nice of you to watch him every Friday! How old is your nephew? I wonder what my kids will be like if I was a shy, quiet, imaginative, cautious and very well-behaved kid and my hubby was an outspoken, precocious, mischievous daredevil child! :haha:

Apple- sorry you have no idea when to expect AF or a BFP! I do hope your signs are good ones! As with all symptoms in the TWW, they could go either way!

I am actually 11 DPO but ya it could show up later if I implanted later.
Good luck!

Annie- thanks. That's good to know and gives me some hope.

That is so sweet that your nephew is so well-behaved. That is nice of you to watch him every Friday! How old is your nephew? I wonder what my kids will be like if I was a shy, quiet, imaginative, cautious and very well-behaved kid and my hubby was an outspoken, precocious, mischievous daredevil child! :haha:

He was 2 in July and dd will be 2 this month so they're very close. My hubby was just as naughty as I was so we knew the type of child we'd create :haha:

oh sorry yeah 11dpo!

I guess its the point where if AF is gonna show she should show already- false hope is the worst

Annie- :haha: well at least you knew what you were getting into!

Apple- false hope really is the worst. :( I do hope you are put out of your misery ASAP!

This post mc cm is messed up! I think I just need AF already. Sheesh!

SofaQueen, oh i'm very sorry you are joining us under these circumstances love. From talking to friends, cp's are very common. I think I had one a few months before my mc, but because i wasn't testing or anthing i'll never know. From the few bits and piece i've gathered, after mc *everyone* is different. Myself I think I didn't ovulate after my mc on 11 sept. I got my AF 20 days later, when my usual cycle is 28 days. So very short, but many women have much longer cycles after. It seems to depend on how fast your HCG drops. The best thing i've found is not to focus too much on the post-mc cycle. Your hormones are out of whack, and it may take a few cycles to go back to normal.

I looked into Aspirin, but according to research aspirin alone won't neccesarily prevent a miscarriage, and sometimes depending on your body it won't be any good for you. I would really only do that under guidance.

The prenatal, folic, b complex, and coq10 are exactly what i'm doing now. If you're interested in some research about mc's and ways to prevent them then my go-to place recently is here: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general

I think it's worth bearing in mind that self medicating in some instances can be problematic, say for example with Vitex. If for e.g. your mc's are because of chromosomal problems, then trying to correct percieved hormonal imbalances might just throw a spanner in the works of an otherwise perfect system. But some treatments have no contraindications and can only do good, and those are the things presently i've focused on.

You can try asking your GP for tests, but I think generally it's after 3 that they run tests, I haven't asked yet though so your GP may be open to it. You can also get very reasonably priced private blood tests (for things like prolactin, LH etc) done at some places, have a search online for places local to you. Many of them will interpret the data for you.

Never apologise for asking questions! It's great that you're taking an active role in understanding your own body! xx

LL - hehe, i've got my fingers crossed for money wasteage! x

Penguin - Ach, well at least they're going to test there's no other issues...cycsts aren't generally a massive problem are they?

Elizabean - I love symptoms! And i'd never be upset at a lady who'd suffered the same as me going on to a healthy 9 months. It's great! Glad to hear your insulin's getting treated!

Celine - ach, well hope your wait before one answer or another isn't too long!

No they usually aren't. The PA has never seen me before and I had HUGE cysts from my injections before. I dunno?

Well, I'll test in the morning and see what it brings. Should def show now 17 dpo! I should be getting the witch tomorrow or so. Hopefully it comes this weekend so on Monday I can take a test at the dr and start treatment again. Poo! I hate this waiting game! Had a horrible night last night. Had my flu shot yesterday and my temp was 99.1 before it, I should have told her to wait to give it to me. Had a pounding headache all night and this morning. DD was dragging her feet and was late to the bus, had to take her to school and was 20 mins out of my way of my hr drive. Wow, hopefully this week is better.

Hey ladies I'm back! Haven't I been good keeping away all week?? It's been fab and very hectic! We went to center parcs with friends from my NCT antenatal group so 4 nearly 2 yr olds and a 7 month old. Also one of the mums is due a month before I would have been. They all knew about my mc but it was hard at first but actually seeing her and talking about her pregnancy was very cathartic.

Also seeing what life's like with a 2yr old and a 7 month old made me a teeny bit relieved we'll have a bigger age gap and DD will be that bit older. I went in hot saunas and steam rooms, went on water slides, drank wine and ate Delhi meat and smoked salmon. It was lots of fun!

I'm now at home facing unpacking and housework and my oh has just left on a stag do!

I think I'm 6DPO because of intense ov pain and a pretty much pos opk but I didn't get my cbfm peak til what I think is ov day so I could be 5dpo, also I had some ov pains after that I could be just 4dpo!! If I ov'd when I think I did it's the earliest ov I've had in 4 years and 3 or 4 days earlier than usual which is wierd!

Welcome to all the newbies here. When I've finished all my jobs I'll go through as much of the last week as I can and post properly but for now it's just nice to be back :wave: :hugs:

Welcome back munchkin! You were missed! I think it must of been a bit sad to be open about the mc :( but then im so glad you could have a fun time with wine, waterslides and deli foods, of course tou would give that up in a heartbeat for you baby back of course, but being able to make the best of it is good too. One of my friends who is due in april like i was will have a 22 month age gap and when i see her i am sad but also slightly releived at the bigger age gap. :)

Hi munchkin! Great to have you back! We'll be testing around the same time again, I'm 3dpo so just behind you! Ill be testing on 14th October hopefully.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time it's probably just what you needed to help you come to terms with it a bit even if it was hard at first. We would have had a 28 month age gap if I'd have had my second in Feb but now it'll be at least a 32 month age gap. Not too different but hopefully will mean the difference between having dd potty trained or not! I'm getting a bit worried I won't be pregnant by the end of next month though because if we aren't we'll have to put it on hold because of a holiday we've got booked next year to see my friend get married. If that happens dd will be well over 3 by the time we have another one :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->