Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

LL i just swore out loud now im so sad af got you :(

LL - sorry AF showed up :(

Annie - I also had sore boobs immediately after ov for both pregnancies.

Annie i think sorr boobs were a symptom for me, i assumed it was cos dd had stopped bfing so they felt more awkward...then after my bfp they still felt that way and i realized it could of been a symptom :)

LL - I had a super short luteal phase after the mc, total cycle length was only 21 days....But I started taking various supplements to support it (by boosting progesterone). Primarily B6 and B12. You can also try black cohosh on days 1 - 12 - I only managed to get the b6 and b12 for the last cycle so never tried the black cohosh but i've read good things. I think B6 is the bees knees but it must be taken alongside b12 and folate.

Research!
B6 awesomeness - https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/vitamins-and-miscarriage/vitamin-b6

Black cohosh - https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/black-cohosh

Hope that helps for next time. :hugs: Will you at least have a glass of vino now she's here? x

Aww LL I can't believe AF showed. So sorry hun. Definitely have a look at those options linny suggests. I've heard a lot about the b vits, it's worth a go.

I'm nauseous too today but that's a normal symptom for me, I guess my body just always reacts to the progesterone increase by feeling a bit sick, it goes away just before AF shows. Boob pain is just so exciting, I keep looking a them thinking they'll have grown because they feel huge but they're just the same :haha: I'm such an idiot getting so excited about this but seeing as this will be my last cycle trying for a while I should make the most out of symptom spotting!

Linny- thanks for the info. I have vitamin b6 at home but only took it a few days last cycle because honestly I'm scared of my LP suddenly getting extremely long.

Do you know if it is better to take a vitamin with both b6 a b12 or better to take two separate vitamins? Also, by taking with folate, do you mean folic acid? Because I always take 5 mg of that plus what's in my pre-natal. Again, thanks for the info. I am going to take my B6 more religiously this cycle. And I'll pick up some b12 on my way home today.

Also- do you know if I should take b6 only until I ovulate? Or after as well?

I will most definitely be indulging in a glass or three of wine this weekend ;)

Celine - aww thanks! :hugs: it means a lot that you were so upset for me. :)

Arabelle- thanks!

Annie - thanks! Definitely make the most of symptom spotting while you can!

LL - What i took was a B multivitamin, this should usually contain all of the B's (one of which is folate, or yes folic acid as it's known) in fairly high quantities. I also added a specific B6 vitamin of 100mg every other day. B6 at over 200mg is not recommended. I also took a prenatal (these have quite low values tbh, if any of us suffered from b deficiencies it wouldn't be enough to cover it) and 1000mg of vit C each day.

They say you should test your own reactions (I just launched myself in, but you could try this if you're worried about your luteal phase going on too long). Start with normal prenatals at CD1, then add a b multivitamin after O. See what it does to your luteal phase. If it doesn't lengthen next month take the prenatal and the b vits all month. If this doesn't get it to where you want it supplement ontop of all that with B6 100mg every other day after O.

I've taken the b6 every other day since CD1 and i'm still doing it now. I am also supplementing with bio-identical progesterone cream twice daily since BFP. I know folk say it's less than you need should you have a progesterone deficiency, but the fact is my doc won't be prescribing progesterone anytime soon, and it cannot harm you or your baby unless you hit ridiculous levels so it's well worth it as a pre-defence.

X

annie - go for it! I reckon you are, for what it's worth! :)

LL - This is a really good b complex to take https://www.solgaronline.co.uk/Formula-Vitamin-B-Complex-50-100-Vegetable-Capsules_p_482.html

Ohhhhh Anniebobs it looks good for you!!!

LL I went and bought some pre-seed on lunch. Hoping it helps.

OPKs are getting lighter, wtf?! This is after a 4 hour hold around 2 pm (supposedly "peak time"). I swear I can never get a + OPK to save my life! The one last night at 8 pm was darker. I'm beginning to think OPKs just don't "work" for me- 3rd cycle using them and every cycle I supposedly never get a + but I've been pregnant 2 times already and this is the 3rd cycle:

https://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab169/xGRGirlx/OPKFail_zps61ad0146.jpg

LL - You seem to be in the same place I am (you've had a short cycle right? Or am I just making things up in my head :haha: ) My cycle this month has been 22 days if I count the first day of spotting as CD1 :shrug: should I or not?

Linny (I think you mentioned the B vitamins?) - What does B6/B12 etc actually do in terms of helping? Keep going to start them but always forget when I go out :dohh:

Sofaqueen - Hope it's not bad spotting and glad you're doctor doesn't seem concerned :)

Annie - Yay for symptom spotting!

GRGirl - I've heard OPK don't work for everyone maybe that's it? Have you any other way to track ov in case OPK don't work for you?

I'll finish this comment in a while when I re read and remember what else has been going on so sorry if I've missed you out so far!

AFM - AF is making herself very clear to me now :growlmad: and someone I knew from school is showing everyone her newborn on Facebook so ughh :/ I'm happy for her but just ugghh.
Went and got two bars of nice expensive chocolate yesterday and going to enjoy a nice cup of tea tonight, went to my MILs today and had cuddles with one of her dogs and she loves cuddles and she's so cuddly herself, a complete cutie pie so that cheered me up a bit :')
Right vitamin front - so far I'm taking Vitamin D, Folic Acid and Iron tablets, Cranberry(Not TTC related but they have Vitamin C and E so that's always good) I plan to start B Vitamins when I next got shopping and I might start Evening Primrose depending on how this next cycle is. but is there anything else I could take?

Rachel - yes, a short cycle for me too. Only 25 days even though I ovulated on cd13 which isn't bad. You shouldn't count spotting as CD1. Count cd1 as the first day you have actual bright red flow (even if it's light). Sorry we're in the same boat. Cycle buddies for next time?

If you're going to take evening primrose oil I would take omega 3s from fish oil as well.

Linny- thanks for the info. I am not going to bother with a multivitamin since I already have a prescribed amount of folic acid and I don't want to go overboard but I'll start taking b6 and b12 today I think. I have 50 mg b6 tablets so I'll just take that much for now and then if it doesn't work, I'll up to 100 the next month.

GR - try taking OPKs with FMU. With how much I drink, that's the only time I can catch a positive unless I'm using an expensive brand.

LL and Rachel, sounds like you've both got a plan for this cycle - good luck! Ill be changing up my prenatals and temping if I'm out this month (but I might not start until after Christmas because we'll be waiting to try until feb)

GR I agree with LL you'll probably have more luck getting positives with fmu. Even when I get positives 2 mornings in a row I dont get them that afternoon.

Rachel - yes, a short cycle for me too. Only 25 days even though I ovulated on cd13 which isn't bad. You shouldn't count spotting as CD1. Count cd1 as the first day you have actual bright red flow (even if it's light). Sorry we're in the same boat. Cycle buddies for next time?

If you're going to take evening primrose oil I would take omega 3s from fish oil as well.

Mine was 22 days :( Ah I guess that makes me CD2 I think, what are you today? Same, and yes please! It makes me easier when I have a buddy :')
How comes? I've always noticed it with cod liver oil but assumed it was just a coincident haha. I'm going to be taking so many pills by the end haha. I think if my cm doesn't come back then I'm going to start taken it as I had barely any last cycle the only time I had it was right before I started to spot (I wiped before going for a wee and there was the CM then after my wee I started spotting) You only take it for the first 14 days don't you? x

LL and Rachel, sounds like you've both got a plan for this cycle - good luck! Ill be changing up my prenatals and temping if I'm out this month (but I might not start until after Christmas because we'll be waiting to try until feb)

What will you be taking this cycle? Have you got next cycle to try or is this time the last until feb? And thank you!

Rachel- I believe evening primrose oil is omega 6 so it's a good idea to take omega 3 as well. I have never taken evening prim but I do take my omega 3s and feel they are helpful in my cycle. I stopped taking them this month since they prevent blood from clotting and I was having trouble stopping bleeding after I got bloodwork and I was also bleeding from my gums. Now this month that didn't happen so it could be a coincidence but I don't know.

Also, I am CD1 so I am only one day behind you! Will you be temping or using OPKs this cycle?

Annie - makes sense not to bother temping until after Christmas since you won't be trying anyway. I do hope this is your BFP month though!

What will you be taking this cycle? Have you got next cycle to try or is this time the last until feb? And thank you!

This cycle I'm taking a prenatal with everything in plus an extra one with just folic acid and vit d (seeing as the sun seems to have gone now!), I also swapped my normal tea for redbush a few months ago. it's my last go before feb so if we've not caught the egg then in the new year Ill try extra b vits and epo. But seeing as Ill have a few months to research Ill probably end up on all sorts!

But hopefully this cycle will last 9 months!

LL - Ah, I'm going to wait till next cycle to take evening primrose, want to see if my body sorts itself out first but going to get B vits soon. You can take them throughout the cycle cant you? It was mentioned somewhere but I'm on my phone :( I might be really cheeky and go get some cheap ones from Wilkinsons without OH knowing as he doesn't want ne using them :dohh: but he doesn't have to know :haha: OH won't let me buy another thermometer as I just spent a bit on one that does ear, head, bath water and milk for when baby gets here so he says we don't need another one -.- he gave me a bad enough look when I came home saying 'look what I got for when bubs is here!' Haha!
Annie - oh right! That's why I don't research I'd probably buy the whole stock of Boots and any health food shop within a 5 mile radius, OH already says I'm taking too many pills was it bad my response was 'Its only 4 I need more yet' :haha: Hoping AF goes on holiday for 9 months! :) x
Sorry for any typos my fast writing and slowly dying phone don't mix :dohh:

Vitamin B and omega 3 are safe for the whole cycle I think. I believe evening primrose is just until you've ovulated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->