Waiting for the Witch - the post-BCP thread

Elhaym

It's a girl :)
Reaction score
Finished your hormonal contraception recently? Waiting for your first true period? Breaking out in spots? Sex drive gone crazy? Wondering what on earth your ladybits are doing? Come chat, swap symptoms and get support in this thread! :thumbup:

(It doesn't have to be your first cycle - anyone who wants to post is welcome! I noticed there are a few of us in our first 'natural' cycle and waiting for AF, so thought it would be nice to have a thread for it).

I'm currently on CD28. Not had any cramps today after the one last night - no AF, no spotting. Never been so keen to get it! Even did a HPT just in case, but BFN.

How is everyone feeling?

Can i join in?! :flower:

I took my last pill on Sunday 19th September. I've got some fairly strong cramps on and off these past 2-3 days and feeling super emotional so was wondering if AF might be on her way...not holding my breath though, the first AF i had after having Toby i had mild cramping on and off for about 2 weeks before AF actually started! :wacko:

I really have no idea what to expect, when :witch: will arrive, if i'll ovulate before she does, how long she'll stay, how often she'll visit...plus i'm still bf, although that obviously doesn't keep her away as she came back more or less straight away after Toby was born, although it might complicate things further?! :shrug: Who knows?!

Nice one, can I join in too? Just finished breakthrough bleed and have no idea what's going to happen next! I've set my ticker to 28 days for now but used to have a cycle that was about 21 days before the bcp so we'll see! Kinda dreading AF but also can't wait to get back to 'normal' :)

I have been off of BCPs for a little over a year now... the cycle has ranged from 29 to 41 days but seems to now be stabilizing at around 33 days. It is a little nerve-wracking when you are first coming off of it, not knowing when AF will decide to rear her ugly head! :wacko:

It feels strange at the moment as I don't know what to expect! I think I'm due to ov in about 4/5 days but who knows if I will!

My first real AF should be due in a couple of weeks. Hope the only reason I have months to wait for it is because of a :bfp: :rofl:

Hope you all get back to your normal af soon. Last time i came off the pill its took somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks to return. I was on the mini pill at the time. I hated the wait for af. Hope its not for you ladies, hope you get yous bfp soon too.

I came off the pill at the beginning of August, and had my withdrawal bleed starting on the 13th of August... then it took 40 days for my period to come! I wish this thread had been here a few weeks ago.. I was going crazy! It's really annoying that the symptoms you can get when coming off the pill can also be symptoms of pregnancy! We've decided to wait for another month though. After my period in October, then we will start trying! Are you all TTC already? Good luck!

I came off the pill 2nd August and no period yet so I am currently CD60, or CD57 if you count the first day of my withdrawal bleed.

Doctors want to start tests if I've had nothing by 2nd Novemeber!

I have had all sorts of symptoms although luckily no spots. Tonnes of cramping, three lots of EWCM and a teeny bit of pink CM .

I don't even want sex and keep going for about 3 days between bd, hubby is going insane and even then I could take it or leave it!

I just want to get something so I know it's all working all right!

x

I came off the pill at the beginning of August, and had my withdrawal bleed starting on the 13th of August... then it took 40 days for my period to come! I wish this thread had been here a few weeks ago.. I was going crazy! It's really annoying that the symptoms you can get when coming off the pill can also be symptoms of pregnancy! We've decided to wait for another month though. After my period in October, then we will start trying! Are you all TTC already? Good luck!

Hi, yes we are. We're NTNP really so being quite casual about it (for now!) CD30 for me and no sign yet. Bizarrely I haven't had many symptoms yet - some cramps and increased sex drive is the only thing I've really noticed :D

raspberryK - Wow, 60 days?! I'd be going mad by then! I've also experienced cramping on and off for a week now - was so convinced the other day that AF had arrived (you know when you have that achey feeling and you know you're coming on) - ran to the toilet and nothing. No EWCM at all either.

Hope you get that AF soon. Good luck :hugs:

I came off the pill in July, had a withdrawal bleed, and then went on to have a normal period around the 23rd August. Still haven't come on, gonna do a FRER in the morning, just in case :D

Hmmmm - creamy yellowy CM today on CD31 (sorry for thre TMI!) No idea what this means. Pre ov? Post ov? :wacko:

Hi angelwings666, hope you get that BFP soon :D

I am convinced about 6 times a day that AF has arrived! lol!

It's flippin frustrating!

x

Fortunately, AF has been very, very regular since I came of BC 5 months ago.

Unfortunately... I have zits like a 15 year old. Honestly?!

Guess who arrived this morning! :witch:

31 day cycle - not bad. Hopefully they'll keep pretty regular.

squeeker - unlucky! I've not been too bad, though I always have one or two. :D

Guess who arrived this morning! :witch:

31 day cycle - not bad. Hopefully they'll keep pretty regular.

squeeker - unlucky! I've not been too bad, though I always have one or two. :D

Glad she's arrived after a reasonable time! Hoping the same happens for here. Though hoping for all that she disappears for 9 months soon enough...!

Squeeker, hadn't even thought of what my skin's going to be live as the lack of bcp kicks in! Aaaargh! That said, it was *supposed* to help that side of things and I don't think it ever did.

Well, I'm wondering today where I am in my cycle! No way of knowing really until AF turns up for the first time after coming off BCP, and I don't know how long my cycle is going to be...(making the ticker a bit pointless, but I wanted to try it out). Shame we're NTNP cos I'd quite like to figure out whether I'm ovulating yet or not, but I don't know much about it!

Thanks Elhaym, I still haven't come on yet, and tested negative again this morning, it's driving me a little bit crazy!
We're NTNP too, but I'd still like to know where I stand every month so I know when to NTNP a bit more lol!

Oooo I got spots this morning, maybe AF on it's way?!?!?!?!?!

x

squeeker - unlucky! I've not been too bad, though I always have one or two.

Squeeker, hadn't even thought of what my skin's going to be live as the lack of bcp kicks in! Aaaargh! That said, it was *supposed* to help that side of things and I don't think it ever did.

Yah, it's a bit disappointing. *sigh*

Oooo I got spots this morning, maybe AF on it's way?!?!?!?!?!

Who knows!! Here's hoping for the start of a new cycle!

So it's great that my AF has finally arrived and all, but PM is here with a vengeance - had a stupid blazing argument with OH last night. I've got a really busy day at work and all I want to do is crawl into bed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->