Waiting for the Witch - the post-BCP thread

So the week before AF my sense of smell goes through the roof! Hubby smells different and I am sensitive to the slightest smell! It must be a hormonal thing.

So now I've been off the pill for just over 2 weeks and I'm getting sensitive to smells again even though AF not expected here for another 2 weeks!! I know my hormones are trying to sort themselves out after being on the pill but aarrggghh! I actually have to hold my nose at my desk if people warm up smelly food in the kitchen at work (which means my colleagues probablly think I'm pregnant!)!

What on earth am I going to be like when I get pregnant?!!

I've never found anyone else who has an increased sensitivity to smell before AF........ Anyone else here?

No but I do get sick, and the smell of food makes it worse! I'd take a small cotton ball with some drops of aromatherapy oil on it to sniff instead of their re-heated spagetti bolognese!

x

OK, I've got a confession to make! OH and I had a massive argument last Saturday and I was really upset and worried. When I eventually got to bed I was so frustrated about the whole thing that I took two of my BCP tablets, as I was only 2 days on from finishing my pill-free week and decided that maybe I didn't want to be off contraception after all. I know, I know, it sounds so silly and dramatic now, but I was upset at the idea of TTC when everything felt so bad. Of course the next day everything got sorted out and has much better since, and I felt really stupid for taking the 2 tablets, and haven't taken any since.

I kind of thought that it wouldn't have much of an effect, but I started having some spotting on Tuesday and then I seem to have transitioned into a full on period. I wondered if anyone can help me shed some light on this - can just 2 tablets bring on another breakthrough bleed or is this likely to be an effect of coming of the BCP and getting back to normal periods? I'm confused and frustrated cos my body's feeling rubbish again, after only a week of feeling normal after my breakthrough bleed!

Lucy - I think it might just be about waiting and letting your body settle itself all over again unfortunately. Might be worth getting rid of the bcp you have so that temptation doesn't present itself again. :hugs:

Well, I finally gave up and went to see the doctor yesterday, and she was a complete b!tch about it all, then this morning on the way to work the :witch: decided to join me on my commute! Still, I am actually relieved to not be in limbo any more and know that everything's working. From here I can just pick myself up, dust myself off and start again. Not going to go so mad on the testing next time though.

Glad that AF arrived for you, at least you can start afresh this cycle. It's horrible not knowing what's going on.

Angelwings what did she say?

Glad AF arrived for you!

x

She told me that I should wait nine months before worrying about my period showing up, as it could take things that long to settle after coming off the pill. She also said "if you're not sexually active, you can't get pg" (Well, DUH!). There was also the assumption that I didn't want to be, which I found pretty upsetting. No offer of a blood test, and she said there wasn't any point doing a urine test as I'd done one that morning. She was very unsympathetic and seemed to just want me out of there quickly as possible.

That's crappy! She sounds horrid - I hate that assumption! My doctor previous to the one now was lovely but I had to move, she was pleased that we were thinking about children in the next few years (when I went to see her at 22) she said it was the best age to have them.
My new doctor wants to see me in the first week of November if AF hasn't shown up by then which will be 3 months since I came off the pill as he said he wants to check there are no underlying causes. I didn't mention we would be TTC but I think it is pretty obvious so none of this oh you have to wait however long ttc before we see you and it certainly is not normal for it to be 9 months!

x

I know nine months is ridiculous - and she is apparently "responsible for the Family Planning Clinic"!! Thankfully I'm moving in December, so I'll get a new GP. In the meantime, I'll ask not to see her! I'm 27, you'd think she might consider the idea that I'm happy to get pg!!

Hopefully you will not have to go back to her and the next time will be when you have had a BFP and you see a new GP! Now AF has arrived hopefully your cycles will settle down and you will become regular!

x

I'm not going back to her! Unless maybe I get a BFP before 9 months is up and I feel like sticking it up her nose lol!

Lucy - I think it might just be about waiting and letting your body settle itself all over again unfortunately. Might be worth getting rid of the bcp you have so that temptation doesn't present itself again. :hugs:

Well, I finally gave up and went to see the doctor yesterday, and she was a complete b!tch about it all, then this morning on the way to work the :witch: decided to join me on my commute! Still, I am actually relieved to not be in limbo any more and know that everything's working. From here I can just pick myself up, dust myself off and start again. Not going to go so mad on the testing next time though.

Angelwings, thank you for that - I was away over the weekend but saw your post on my phone and appreciated the wisdom! :)

Sorry to hear about the doc...doesn't sound good!! Hope you find someone who's more helpful.

23 days since coming off the mini pill and nothing to report here :shrug:

Had a few days of strong cramping on and off which has now completely stopped. I am the spottiest i have been in a long time but other than that- no changes. So i have no clue what is going on here :wacko:

23 days since coming off the mini pill and nothing to report here :shrug:

Had a few days of strong cramping on and off which has now completely stopped. I am the spottiest i have been in a long time but other than that- no changes. So i have no clue what is going on here :wacko:

That's interesting cos, as well as having a random period only a week after finishing my breakthrough bleed, I've had intermittent cramping and spotting pretty much the whole time! It's so frustrating!

Hope something happens for you soon...:hugs:

Rebaby - I started with cramping well over a week before my first AF after the pill showed up. Usually I only get it the day before. It felt like it was coming for ages, then the cramping went - then AF suddenly showed up! Coming off the pill is crazy, we have literally no idea what our bodies will do! Hopefully you'll get it soon :D

CD 8 for me - I'm going to use OPKs daily from tomorrow to see if I can tell when I'm ovulating. Got 14 left so hopefully that will be enough!

Well what do you know?! She turned up this morning! :shock: I had a few cramps during the night but was half asleep and put them down to the HUGE portion of shepherd's pie i ate for tea :blush: :haha: But then i went for a wee at about 6am and there she was!

So apart from not loving the period pains i'm experiencing, i am actually quite pleased. I didn't think we'd be so lucky as to fall pregnant again without even one visit from the :witch: but i do hope this is her last visit for a good while :winkwink:

Yay! Hurrah for the :witch: Hopefully you won't see her for a while after this one!

Well what do you know?! She turned up this morning! :shock: I had a few cramps during the night but was half asleep and put them down to the HUGE portion of shepherd's pie i ate for tea :blush: :haha: But then i went for a wee at about 6am and there she was!

So apart from not loving the period pains i'm experiencing, i am actually quite pleased. I didn't think we'd be so lucky as to fall pregnant again without even one visit from the :witch: but i do hope this is her last visit for a good while :winkwink:

Nice one, glad she's made herself known at least! Here's to 9 months+ without her...for all of us :)

I am *still* spotting after my last visit from AF, which is frustrating as I want to get back to...you know...:sex:

I stopped my BC in mid-September and had a breakthrough bleed on the 23rd so now I am just waiting. I havent had regular cycles since my son was born due to breastfeeding, so that + the pill has me really uncertain. Right now I am just hoping to get 2 cycles in a row so I will know what is going on.

I just realised I hadn't updated on here.

AF got me full on yesterday after spotting on Sunday. I wasn't expecting :witch: to arrive until later this week. So my first month off the pill has been a 26 day cycle.

I also had mild cramping quite a bit last week so knew something was going on in there!

So far I haven't had any major pain this month (touch wood) which was one of my problems many years ago before I went on the pill.

Bring on the next month for trying!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->