Waiting for the Witch - the post-BCP thread

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Well AF has left town! :happydance: Here's hoping i won't be seeing her for a good long while! :winkwink:

I just realised I hadn't updated on here.

AF got me full on yesterday after spotting on Sunday. I wasn't expecting :witch: to arrive until later this week. So my first month off the pill has been a 26 day cycle.

I also had mild cramping quite a bit last week so knew something was going on in there!

So far I haven't had any major pain this month (touch wood) which was one of my problems many years ago before I went on the pill.

Bring on the next month for trying!! :thumbup:

Glad to hear you've not had bad pains - I was worried about that too, used to have crippling AF pains when I was a teenager and dreaded them coming back!

have fun on your new cycle Rebaby :thumbup:

im CD14 all I can report is horrendous backpains hopefully AF is on her way

I'm so confused. Wonder if I should temp next cycle, no idea when I ov and have just had a positive OPK which will be my second LH surge this cycle. Going off my last cycle I should be ov'ing soon, assuming a 14 day luteal phase, so this OPK seems more likely to be right.

Don't want to get too obsessive about everything though! :wacko:

Hiya, great thread :D

Well I stopped my loestrin about a week or so early last wednesday. I always used to get migraines on pill free days so wasn't suprised when migraine arrived friday, so all day bed friday, ok saturday, then bad headache all sunday, most of monday, yesterday and still feel urgh :( worst ever!!

Will see when first pill free AF arrives, little concerned as they used to be painful and v horrid :growlmad:

Lx

How long were you on it for, MrsGM? I also used to have horrible painful AF years ago before the pill. I was dreading my first real AF but it was fine, 3 days and cramps but nothing like the crippling pain I used to get! Hope yours is the same, let us know how it goes! :thumbup:

How long were you on it for, MrsGM? I also used to have horrible painful AF years ago before the pill. I was dreading my first real AF but it was fine, 3 days and cramps but nothing like the crippling pain I used to get! Hope yours is the same, let us know how it goes! :thumbup:

erm a range of different pills for the majority of 10 years...

Not sure why I didn't switch to the coil or something, ah well

Elhaym, that's encouraging for me as I also had crippling pain during before using BCP! Not sure what's gonna happen when AF turns up this time but here's hoping I also experience less pain than before...and that it stays that way! :)

I'm sure you'll be fine Lucy, crossing my fingers for you! How long have you been off the pill for now? (Sorry, it's hard to keep track of where everyone is up to!) :D

MrsGM - Yup, 11 years for me. I'm already thinking about what contraception to use after. I feel so much better off the pill that I really don't want hormonal again, but that's the pill, implant and injection out. Might look into the coil afterwards?

I'm sure you'll be fine Lucy, crossing my fingers for you! How long have you been off the pill for now? (Sorry, it's hard to keep track of where everyone is up to!) :D

MrsGM - Yup, 11 years for me. I'm already thinking about what contraception to use after. I feel so much better off the pill that I really don't want hormonal again, but that's the pill, implant and injection out. Might look into the coil afterwards?

Well, I ended up coming off it later than planned so I'm only 18 days off the pill....waiting to see what happens next! I'm wondering if AF is going to arrive in the next week as my biggest PMS symptom has always been me being VERY cranky for no reason, which I am today :D

I'm thinking that I might go for the coil in future...all the women in my family have found that over time the pill's effectiveness at preventing v heavy and painful periods decreased, which is what I was starting to find...and they've all ended up on with a coil as a result. So I reckon that's a good option :)

Well boobies still sore an increased whitey CM!! thats all to mention today

Sore boobs and more CM could mean you are gearing up to ov! it's been about 2 weeks off for you right?

Well the cm is deffo stretchier just hopped on hubby lol so who knows x

I used to suffer really bad AF pains many years ago before being on BCP so thought I would update on how things are now I'm off.......

For about a week before AF arrived, I had twinges and little cramps which I now know was AF on its way!

I had spotting on Sunday and AF arrived full on on Monday and I actually haven't suffered with painful cramps this month! The only thing I'm suffering with is on BCP I only had AF for about 2 days heavy and one day light. So far this AF I've had 3 days heavy - hoping it goes away soon!!

IT CAME, IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had spotting Friday.Sat and then it went til yesterday when I had some spotting and NOW I HAVE MY FIRST AF SINCE COMING OFF THE PILL MORE THAN 11 WEEKS AGO!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

xx

IT CAME, IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had spotting Friday.Sat and then it went til yesterday when I had some spotting and NOW I HAVE MY FIRST AF SINCE COMING OFF THE PILL MORE THAN 11 WEEKS AGO!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

xx

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! :happydance: Finally!

I got off in August, had a period starting Sept 5, it was HORRIBLE. Before that, hadn't had one since March. Had spotting 2 weeks after period in Sept. Now it's October and nothing. We've been NTNP since the beginning of October, but were using VCF/ withdrawal up until that point. 2 BFN 2 weeks ago, so if my period was due Oct 5, the BFP would have shown up if I were pregnant, I gather.

Symptoms...My boobs hurt and I'm having more CM than usual. OH! And odd tuggy twinges in my uterus vs. the more all over feels-like-someone-is-grating-my-insides ouchiness I get with periods.

That's all I got. :)

feeling a bit better today, still headachy but less dozy

Lx

Hiya, I'm new to NTNP. I stopped taking cerazette two weeks ago tomorrow. Last time i stopped taking the pill, it took 6 weeks before my period started again, so I think i've got another 4 weeks to go. I've been get a few stomach cramps every now and again but no other symptoms.

Hey everyone, I'm on CD 14, wondering when the witch will show this month after my epic long last cycle. Trying to DtD every 2-3 days as I'm not sure when I'll OV - not that we're trying ;-)
How's everyone else doing? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->