Waiting is harder than I thought it would be

MummyKP

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

On a bit of a downer this eve. I'm really hoping to TTC around Christmas, however, we had a chat and he said now isn't great timing and we will look at it again in January/February. I said Christmas but I really don't think he's going to come round to it. I have always wanted a family young but I can just see the months are going to keep passing by and it's not going to happen any time soon.

How do you all keep your spirits up when you want something so bad but DH doesn't want it just yet? I'm not depressed over it but it does get me down when I think about it. Never thought I'd want it so bad after the wedding but something has hit me since we got wed!

X

I know what you mean, earlier this year it was like a switch went off and pretty much overnight I went from being okay with waiting 1-2 years to wanting to get pregnant asap. DH wanted to wait another year which was tough to hear but I didn't want him to resent me for rushing things. I've waited but I stopped taking birth control and told him it was in his hands at that point. For now we've agreed on February but these last few months are dragging out.. especially since he's working out of town and I'm left here to think about babies and sift through BnB all the time!

I'm sure the holiday season will get us distracted and time will fly by, I already can't believe it's getting so close from where I started. For now I'm trying to find little projects around the house to tackle which I figure I may not feel up to doing when pregnant or have the time with a baby. It doesn't make it go away but it helps.

I have no clue when I'll be ttcing. :shrug: Some days are worse than others.

I have no idea when I'll be TTC. My date has switched so many times and now I'm waiting on OH to be ready, which could possibly take a few months to a few years (more likely a few years :nope: )

Some days/weeks are worse for me than others. Sometimes when I'm really busy and focused on other things, it's not too bad. But there's other times when I just can't seem to focus on anything else but having another baby.

I'm starting college again next month, so hopefully that will help some. I try really hard to stay distracted and not think about it too much...focusing on the things I can do now to get ready to TTC in the future. You're definitely not alone in feeling this way :hugs:

Waiting is hard when your body is telling you to go! I would like to be TTC right now but DH isn't ready to yet and he doesn't know when he will be either. It could be years! I've already been WTT for two years so the idea of having to wait even longer is pretty soul destroying. I'd like to be at least trying by my 26th birthday which is July next year but I don't know if that will even happen. Waiting is awful.

It's tough but try taking your mind off the waiting by finding some hobbies to take up any spare time. I blog and it's keeping me busy until at least the new year with lots of projects so that's helping me a little!

Some days are bad, some days are good. (Mostly bad for me at the moment!!) But I find setting myself goals helps- like saving/ paying off debts, losing weight etc. Just have to stay positive and remember your day will come!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this. I'm hoping hubby will come round to it by January but half of me thinks he probably won't because of his career. Argh it's so frustrating!!

Im waiting on the OH too, he's agreed to TTC once I've paid off my debts (May time) but he keeps on adding on things he'd like to do before we try (like an extension on the house) But I am NOT postponing TTC anymore!

It seems it's the men in our lives which are holding these things back for us all! It's a shame it's all in their hands really!

Well I guess it's a good sign that all our OHs are trying to be responsible and probably just want to fulfill the role of 'provider'. On the other hand, aside from a few key things, there's really never going to be a perfect time to have kids.. I like to drop that line every now and then to DH. I think guys also forget that there's still another 8-9 months after you get pregnant in which they can prepare haha.

We think with our hearts and OHs think with their heads! I often say that I think that OH thinks once he agrees to TTC, he'll just be handed a baby! :dohh::haha:

We think with our hearts and OHs think with their heads! I often say that I think that OH thinks once he agrees to TTC, he'll just be handed a baby! :dohh::haha:

I think my OH thinks like that too. :dohh: He doesn't realize that even once we decide to TTC, it may take a while and that once I'm pregnant there's still another 8-9 months before a baby actually arrives.

This is what I've tried to tell DH. 9 months is a long time and his career could easily change and sort itself out in those 9 months. & if it takes a while to conceive it's even longer! Humph ��

Yes, I feel like this too. Stay strong! To be fairer to you, I do think your DH should try and pick a date and then properly stick to it if possible.

My OH has always been more rational about trying than I have. We have finally settled on January to start ttcing. I am charting my temperatures every morning so that I'm 'doing something' to work toward our baby. It makes me feel a bit better, though I am beginning to see that my cycle doesn't work quite as smoothly and regularly as I'd like it to.

It's not that much longer til you can TTC, it'll come around quickly :)
I know exactly what you mean though with the comment the months keep passing you by. Sometimes I feel like I am only going to live once, why am I wasting all these weeks/ months/ years when I have wanted a family for so long :-( It can make me feel quite depressed.
it does help to have other things to plan and look forward to, making goals and lists (for example for us it is paying things off, doing stuff to our house, saving for a holiday).
I know how you feel!

It's not that much longer til you can TTC, it'll come around quickly :)
I know exactly what you mean though with the comment the months keep passing you by. Sometimes I feel like I am only going to live once, why am I wasting all these weeks/ months/ years when I have wanted a family for so long :-( It can make me feel quite depressed.
it does help to have other things to plan and look forward to, making goals and lists (for example for us it is paying things off, doing stuff to our house, saving for a holiday).
I know how you feel!

When are you hoping to TTC meg_bellamy? We've said this weekend that in 6 weeks we'll have a chat about it and take it from there! I have everything crossed that he will say let's have a family!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->