Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Kate - sorry about the BFN :( I hate when those tests play tricks on you! Did AF show today?

Linny - glad to hear AF arrived right around when expected :) My last baby was conceived on either the Dec 31, Jan 1 or Jan 2 :) hehe what a way to start the new year!

Meep - Hope you mil backs off a little and doesn't drive you too crazy! I keep hoping that when you do spill your good news everyone will be ecstatic for you :)

AFM - Found out the other day that I'm going to be an Auntie again! Not sure if I shared before or not but my brother and his gf are due with their 2nd in April?! And now my DH's sister is due in July! This will be her 7th! I'm so excited for both babies to arrive :) I'm really hoping that we will be able to announce that we are expecting before either of the new babies are born....guess only time will tell!

That's very exciting Linny!

When will you be officially TTC tmb? Very exciting with all those babies & baby bumps around. 7 is hard to wrap my head around! haha. Do you live close to them?

No AF this morning. I'm going to be well prepared at work though. And if nothing, then I will test again tomorrow. I work really random hours right now. I had to confess to my husband last night that my AF was late and he mentioned he's even noticed that I've been quite tired and just off this month. So we'll see.

Thanks tmb. I am just avoiding her now as I feel sick all the time and my fuse is about a millimetre long as a result. I like to hope that people will be pleased for me, but I am trying to be realistic about the fact that they will probably be annoying twats and ask stupid personal questions that will creep me out.

Ooh exciting! Two more babies to welcome into the world, how lovely! Really hope you get pregnant quickly so you can join in with the baby fever wholeheartedly!

Kate, any sign of AF? I get confused by the timing of your posts as I live in England and am never sure whether it is morning or evening for you!! It's 20th November, 17:33 here ... what time are you on? I hope you are pregnant!! Really really want you to be pregnant! Stupid confusing AF.

Yeah, I feel out of the loop because I'm always posting much later than most of you. hehe.

It's Nov 20 @ 2 pm. I'm CD 31 and no AF yet. So, officially I'm three days late. I've had one cycle of 30 days. So who knows. I did not test this AM, but will test again tomorrow morning. A bit of an emotional roller coaster. Would be wonderful to just know either way and get it over with.

Wow, you're like eight hours behind us! I'm just about to go to bed.

Seriously, if you're absolutely sure about when you ovulated and you had all the EWCM and cramping ovary signs, etc. then really the only possible explanation is that you are pregnant, isn't it? I can't think of any other reason why AF would not arrive if ovulation definitely occurred.

I really feel for you anyway. It must be shit not knowing - I'd be starting to freak out and get pissed off. Hope you get an answer tomorrow. :S

I just looked back at your little chart and you recorded some EWCM at 6dpo? Perhaps that could have been your O date instead, later than expected? The month before my BFP I was totally confused by some weird patches of CM, one a few days later than the other - I ended up thinking I was pregnant but in the end AF just came later than I had expected. Then I got all worried that I was going through an early menopause because my flow was all light and fucked up (pathetic I know). I hate bodies, they really are total *******s and confusing and horrible at times. I'm sorry you're having to put up with this. :(

As meep heads to bed I am cooking dinner :) I'm only an hour off from you Kate! I'm in Manitoba :)

So bizarre that you guys can be on the same bit of land but in different time zones! Britain is so tiny in comparison. I've always wanted to go to Winnipeg (that IS in Manitoba right?), merely because Eric Schweig lives there and I've loved him deeply and passionately for most of my life. I should probably grow up now I'm having a baby. Or at least pretend I'm a mature person who doesn't still indulge desperate teenage crushes ... but some fires just never burn out. My loins when presented with the notion of my beloved Eric are the prime example. Night everyone.

Yes, meep, Canada is pretty big :) I live about an hour out of Winnipeg....I'm actually heading there with the kiddos for an appointment tomorrow!

Not sure what's up on my end. I am very irritable the past 2 days and today my nips are sore (more so the left one!?)....yesterday I passed the irritability off as lack of sleep as we've had a few rough nights over here but now with the sore boobies I'm hoping its a sign that AF might actually be on her way!?

Sometimes the time zone can be a pain the ass. I have a friend on the east coast and we really have to plan a 'date' so we can chat on the phone. She's five hours ahead of me. My family is three hours ahead and that sorta screws things up a bit too. Last Christmas when we went home to Ontario to see our families, it took us 24 hours of travel time (two flights). Brutal eh? Or five days driving! This country is HUGE! Love it though. So beautiful!

Today is CD 31, no AF and another BFN on FRER. All I have to say is WOW!!

I thought I had total ovulation pains on CD13 - very sharp left sides pains, that lasted on 3-5 minutes. I had quite a bit of EWCM as well as increased sex drive. Meep, that CD6 clump of EWCM was strange - it was literally a clump, almost gelatinous (maybe EWCM is bad descriptor). No idea what it was. For that matter, no idea what's going with my body.

I had a blighted ovum in May, so it never grew to be a baby. Just a very large ovum. My body wasn't releasing it either. So, I had to take misoprostol; so I basically induced a miscarriage. After this messed up cycle and the other one a couple of months ago, I am certain that drug fucked my body up. Back then my MD recommended going on the pill for 2-3 months to reset my body and she found woman conceived easier after coming right off the pill. Sooo, I may give her a ring. I really don't want to go on the pill, but this is kinda exhausting. I'm still getting AF like cramps on left side. Grrrrr!!

Tmboo - surely would be a great way to start the new year fingers crossed it is :)

Meep- im relieved I got them id say my Lp 16 days

Tmb - ha!!! What's Winnipeg like? Any sign of AF???

Kate - ugh. I had a blighted ovum too, which caused a MMC, so I guess my body wasn't releasing it either. They offered me a D&C but I opted to let nature take its course - which was a huge mistake as the final process was horrible, violent, painful and devastating. I was never offered a drug to induce it ... but then it was 9 years ago. Has AF arrived for you? So annoying to think that some crap the doctors gave you could have caused all this uncertainty. :(

Linny - your luteal phase of 16 days falls within the normal range, great news! Hehe.

Hi ladies sorry I've been MIA! How are you all?

Kate I had misoprostol too when I had my MMC but mine wasn't a blighted ovum, baby measured 11 weeks. It was the worst decision I made, I hated what it did to me and I was bleeding for 6 weeks after coz it didnt clear properly and I had to have a procedure done in the end to remove it (wasn't a d&c coz a doctor thought he'd try manually dliatinb my cervix first coz my womb was clear, it was directly behind my cervix that wasn't, thankfully it worked). But my cycles were longer afterwards, although I did conceive Emilia after 3 months but it was a longer cycle. My GP recommended going back on the pill too, seemed weird doing that though when we were ttc!

Meep I wished I had opted for the d&c too, although I don't think anyone's thinking straight in that position are they? How are you feeling?

Tmb how are you Hun?

How is everyone else? Sorry I've forgotten what's been going on, baby brain at its worst! I forgot to go to my doctors appt today to get my flu jab!

Hey hey,

The MC was awful - by the time my body realised everything had gone wrong, I was about 14 weeks and went into full on labour, which was of course hideously painful. I also bled so badly that I couldn't stand up and kept being sick, so had to go to A&E and ended up spending a couple of nights on a drip. Rubbish. Did they tell you too that it would just be like a heavy AF? Liars. I was passing clots of tissue the size of large matchboxes.

In other news, I feel pretty awful. Can't sleep much past 4 a.m. because that's when the nausea strikes, and it lasts pretty much up until my evening meal. Nothing seems to help much, though I've been wearing sea bands and they're ok. How are you feeling now? Have you actually been sick, because I can't seem to get that far, though I've started gagging a lot!

Also (worst news) MIL now knows. OH stupidly stashed a playmat we had bought (brand new in a charity shop, £5.99, couldn't resist) in a cupboard in a spare bedroom. I kept asking him to move it, but he kept saying she would never go in there. Of course she did, and of course she mentioned it, so I made OH tell her later on after we tried to cover it up and did a pathetic job. I figured she would start staring at my stomach looking for changes unless we told the truth. Apparently, she stood there with her mouth hanging open, and when he mentioned that we felt we had been forced to tell because of all the comments she had been making recently, she said those had been a 'joke' and that she'd had no idea, which was an obvious lie!! He then banned her from asking questions and she almost immediately asked if it was planned (as if it matters) and was promptly told to fuck off. Such a very rude question.

I stupidly explained about my MC being the reason we have been reluctant to say anything, and she has since been needling me for details on that. I tried to gloss over the parts I mentioned above, as I didn't want to discuss them with her, by saying not opting for a D&C was a mistake and that it had been traumatic, and she asked me WHY it had been a mistake/traumatic!!! Um, why do you think?!

She hasn't said congratulations or showed any sign of being pleased or happy for us. I don't really know what she thinks. She seems shocked that two people aged 26 and 27 could possibly conceive a child, but maybe I'm just being paranoid and reading too much into stuff. It might be nice if she seemed slightly happy though. Am I just being selfish there? OH is their only child.

Earlier, she asked OH how I was while I was sleeping and then said she had hoped I would be feeling better because she wanted me to help her with some paperwork (I'm a qualified proofreader). Needless to say, I haven't been down all evening. I feel more disgusting and more of a freak now than I already did with this shitty nausea and my body bloated out all over the place. I also feel embarrassed and ashamed, and I hope someone will be visibly happy for us in the future or I'm going to have to carry this feeling the whole nine months. Or just stay in seclusion and not see anybody.

Sorry for the long post. I feel so fed up and like I'm somehow not entitled to the congratulations and good wishes everyone else seems to receive when they're pregnant. Is there some 'proper' way to do it that stimulates pleasantry from others? Do you have to be married, or have been together for ten years, or what? What makes it ok for some people to create a life and not for others?

Hope you are all having a better day than I am anyway!

Oh meep I think most people tend to react in a way we don't want them too, people don't seem to understand that you are looking for a positive response and a congratulations!!! My mum said "oh no" and MIL said "well there'll be more nappies won't there" gee thanks that's what I was hoping you'd all say! Oh and FIL said "can't you keep it in your pants lad" to df!! He was joking but still! My dad was the only one with a good reaction and even he didn't say congrats, he said "I think it's good, they'll be closer in age and then you might be more likely to have another" lol.
Just wait til you show them all the first scan pic and they'll all show much more enthusiasm I'm sure.

Sorry to hear your MIL is a gimp. I have to agree with Bailey and say that I'm sure she'll change her tune once she sees the scan, starts to see a baby bump, etc. She's get over herself and soon start thinking about the LO. Feel free to vent all you need.

Bailey, my dad had the best reaction when we were expecting earlier this year. Kinda sweet in my mind. I agree with him; nice to have them close in age.

Not much to update with me. Still no AF and all BFNs. 9 days late. Intermittent left sided cramps persists. I spotted a bit of brown CM last night and the night prior as well; thought for sure AF was about to show. Thankfully, I'm seeing my MD today (was schedule for a pap, whohoo) and hopefully she'll check things out. I'm such a nurse and running through a problem list in my head.

How is everyone else doing? Countdown is on eh? Only a few more weeks until the New Year!! Very exciting time of year for us!

Hey ladies it's been quiet on here! I thought I'd managed to unsubscribe and had missed loads or something!

How is everyone?

Vomitous. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy and grateful to be pregnant but this all-day sickness is so awful!! And the CRYING! I watched Forrest Gump the other day, and as soon as the feather started floating about, I started crying, and continued in this fashion until the end. Pathetic!

How are you Bailey?

Similar minus the vomiting lol! Mines just nausea thankfully I don't think I'd cope with vomiting! And the crying is terrible, I cried at the results of strictly the other week when Anton du beck was kicked off coz he was so lovely and gracious lol!!!

Counting down to my scan now, 19 days!

Hello Ladies! It sure has been quiet on here. Hope all is well with everyone :)

I've been out of town for a few day...just got home last night. It was nice to get away but it is so nice to be back at home! We didn't go too far, just a 3 1/2 drive back home to visit DH's side of the family. It was the first time we've had all 15 grand-kids together! We even managed to get a photo of the whole clan!

I am still plugging along on the same cycle....no sign of ovulation or AF! WTF! I am getting frustrated! Oh well, I guess there is not much I can do about it. I am just happy to have the month of December to keep me busy so that I wont be focusing so much on my cycle. DH and I are no longer being careful...I haven't been charting or taking my vitamins...just kind of in a funk.

Meep - Sorry you are so sick and emotional. Hopefully your hormones will level out slightly in the near future. I see you've made some more announcement! Are non of your family members on facebook?

Bailey -Yay for the scan! Its getting close now :) I cant wait to see a pick of your little bean.

Have either of you put any thoughts in to more baby names?

Hope my fellow WTTers are doing well :) The new year is so close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->