Waiting to Tell family until 8 week scan! HOW TO DEAL!?

nikkchikk

Reaction score
Last time we got pregnant, we told my DH brother and his wife the day we found out, because we were going to burst with excitement! Then we told our parents the next week and facebook at 7 weeks.

This time, I want to wait to tell family/close friends after our 8 week scan and appt. For Facebook, possibly after the gender scan.

So far only a few very close friends know, but it is K.I.L.L.I.N.G. me to tell family! Anyone else dying to tell??? DH and I can barely wait to give each other birthday/holiday gifts, so this is hard!

I feel guilty not sharing with family. I have suffered losses so I don't plan on telling anyone till I can't hide the belly any more.

I feel guilty not sharing with family. I have suffered losses so I don't plan on telling anyone till I can't hide the belly any more.

I'm so sorry for your losses TTC :hugs: Did you have a bad experience after your losses and family reaction? Is that why you don't want to tell them? I don't think you should feel guilty, but it's hard to dictate your emotions in these situations.

I don't usually tell anyone except a few close friends until after 12 week scan and then i will tell my parents. Will announce to everyone when closer to twenty weeks. We did this with last pregnancy too I just don't like nosey people getting in my business and looking at my stomach 24/7 but that's just me!
It is hard not to blab but try and focus on other things like if you have plans at the weekend think about that and then the next thing etc etc and then before you know it you'll be at the 8 week scan xx

I'm not pregnant yet but we've discussed telling family & friends. We will tell our parents around 6 weeks I imagine (my mum might know a little earlier - probably as soon as we find out), tell siblings around 8 weeks, then other family and facebook after 12 weeks. Will also tell our two best friends around 6-8 weeks.

I'm so sorry for your losses TTC :hugs: Did you have a bad experience after your losses and family reaction? Is that why you don't want to tell them? I don't think you should feel guilty, but it's hard to dictate your emotions in these situations.

I didn't tell family when we had out previous BFPs, they only lasted 6 weeks.

I would hate to tell everyone then have to go back and tell them all that there was a loss. Imagine if you forgot to tell someone and they called you up asking how things were progressing?

I would prefer to tell everyone when I know that everything is ok.

I have told a handful of friends about this baby and plan to tell my mum after my 12 week scan. Other family (particularly dh's) and friends will be told at 16 weeks when we officially announce it. X

We have told our immediate families both times. First time ended in mc but still glad we had told them although I hated disappointing them with the news after they'd gotten excited. Their support was much needed & appreciated. That's why we told them early again this time :flower:

So far we have told a few close friends, and our close family. We are on,y 5 weeks,but just went through IVF and the past year and half of TTC has been very hard. Friends and family have supported us throughout the whole process and will continue to do so.

As for everyone else, if all is looking good around week 10, we will probably announce. We are being closely monitored with the fertility clinic, and it's not far froms 3 months anyhow.

We told a few really close friends and DH's dad (whom he's really close to) pretty much right after we found out, and a couple other close friends over the next couple weeks. It was supposed to stop at that, but DH has also told a few other friends. Honestly, he's starting to piss me off but that's beside the point. Everyone else, my family, the rest of our friends, FB will wait to find out until past the 12 week mark, or after we hear the hb, whichever comes later.

I told immediate family with each pregnancy. But to hold you out, you should look up pregnancy announcement ideas on pinterest! There are so many cute ones you'll have trouble deciding! Even for holidays like Easter and Valentines Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->