Waiting to try for #2 post ectopic pregnancy - ttc July

I started bleeding yesterday.

I still have a dreadful cold - I think my immune system might be down a bit with the methotrexate and also the fact that normally in exposed to every germ going, but due to covid I’ve not really had a cold in over a year. Normally I get 2 heavy colds per year.

I’m trying to enjoy doing things I couldn’t do when pregnant like having some wine. Strictly speaking I shouldn’t but they don’t test my liver function any more so who cares? Lol. There is no way I’m not drinking when also not pregnant. It’s not like I’m actually getting drunk, but it’s the Easter holidays and normally we’d do a few nights away with friends, an overnight in a hotel, and a family trip. None of that is happening because of covid. I want wine lol.

Another one of my friends is pregnant. I’m happy for her! That’s three now. I’m also sad for me. It’s complicated.

Thats completely understandable. Sorry you're feeling crappy. Are you in much pain?

Thats completely understandable. Sorry you're feeling crappy. Are you in much pain?
Not too bad, to be honest. Sort of like period pain, but with very short spells of it being about a 7/8 - almost like a contraction. It happens 3/4 times lasting for a minute or two each time, then nothing for hours upon end. Definitely by far my least sore loss, physically. I don’t know if it’s just going to get worse though.

I’m so bloated though. My stomach feels like I’ve got a balloon stuffed into it, it’s really firm and swollen. I can hardly stand upright and going to the toilet is uncomfortable. I got this last time but I thought it was the painkillers which caused it.

My diet starts tomorrow. I wanna lose about a stone in the next three months, and I’d like to run a 5k. I was doing couch to 5k and then broke my ankle and I’ve not ran since!
I’ve made overnight oats for breakfast tomorrow morning. For lunch I’m having poached egg and watercress, and then probably just pasta with salad for dinner. Fruit for snacks. Nothing drastic but hoping it’ll make me feel better.

Update:

Saturday into Sunday - was woken up with horrible cramps. Probably an 8/10. It was basically like labour, 1-2 minutes of bad cramp, then 5-10 minutes downtime. I was so tired I actually managed to drift off a little between the cramps. Df didn’t even wake up
Sunday - cramps continued all day. Ibuprofen and a hot bath didn’t help so I called in to EPAS. They wanted me seen as apparently cramps aren’t normal despite the fact on my discharge paperwork and the leaflet from the ectopic pregnancy trust saying that it is normal. I refused to go in because - well this is the 5th time I’ve been here. I just wanted painkillers. They were supposed to give me them but forgot.
Cramps eased in the afternoon, after I passed what I think was the sac. After that, the bleeding died down. I was really tired all day.
Today - day 14 post second dose - hcg was 750, down from 5300. Very light spotting, very little pain.
I’m back again next Monday. Hoping to be under 500.

Next bloods done and they are down to 120. I need to call tomorrow and schedule my next bloods - I’m hoping for in the 50s. Next lot could potentially be my last lot!
Had quite a bad experience giving blood today. I think the first person who tried was a student as I heard her say outside she wasn’t confident and hasn’t done it in ages, and then she panicked as apparently my veins were “squirty” - I felt bad because she repeatedly apologised. Someone else eventually got my blood and managed, but it took ages.

it was my first day back at work today since , well Christmas really. I think I’ve been in maybe 5-6 times this year, but never with full classes. It was a hectic day anyway as I had 4 periods of seniors (final year before uni) as well as lower school classes. I also had to set up for tomorrow and Wednesday as it’s my papas funeral tomorrow so I’m off.

I’m still bleeding which is annoying. Not doing any of the health stuff, but I have laser Ed my legs and moisturised abs I’m taking better care of myself.

Im getting my folate levels checked while I’m waiting on my gynaecologist appt.

Sorry the blood tests didn't go well with the person who wasn't very confident.
Good luck for your next blood test. I hope the levels come down quickly.

I hope the bleeding stops soon :hugs:

Still bleeding. That’s over two weeks now.

Thats good news. Hope you're feeling better. Have you many more hospital appointments?

Oh gosh so sorry u had a horrible experience having blood taken hon.

If I get a student or someone not as experienced they always have trouble getting blood from me.
I had some bloods done at the hospital 4 weeks ago and she was a student and she tried 3 times 3 different needles and nope it wasn't havingv it. The poor womon kept saying sorry sorry and I felt so bad for her I just told it's OK and it happens alot.

I've had many blood tests from being a liver transplant patient that I think my veins just can't be arsed sometimes.

In the end she got a senior midwife to do it and she has trouble too.

It's normally my left off arm that plays up but both of them played up this time.

Stabbed about 5 times in the end bot she got some in the end.

So glad ure HCG levels have dropped hon. I'm so sorry u had to go through all that horrible pain and they forgot to give u pain killers. That's lame.

U have been in my thoughts hon.

Thats good news. Hope you're feeling better. Have you many more hospital appointments?
They just do it on a day by day basis. I don’t have to go back when I get to under 5. Hopefully after tomorrow!
I also have an appointment with an infertility clinic and another blood test at my GP.
Oh gosh so sorry u had a horrible experience having blood taken hon.

If I get a student or someone not as experienced they always have trouble getting blood from me.
I had some bloods done at the hospital 4 weeks ago and she was a student and she tried 3 times 3 different needles and nope it wasn't havingv it. The poor womon kept saying sorry sorry and I felt so bad for her I just told it's OK and it happens alot.

I've had many blood tests from being a liver transplant patient that I think my veins just can't be arsed sometimes.

In the end she got a senior midwife to do it and she has trouble too.

It's normally my left off arm that plays up but both of them played up this time.

Stabbed about 5 times in the end bot she got some in the end.

So glad ure HCG levels have dropped hon. I'm so sorry u had to go through all that horrible pain and they forgot to give u pain killers. That's lame.

U have been in my thoughts hon.
the last two times have been horrendous. I think my veins are screwed up now!

Hcg 2 and they had no problem getting blood - I drank 3l of water the day before and 3 between 6 am and my lunchtime appointment. Been peeing all day but it worked!

new health thing is new water. Not 3l per day though, lol

Wow that's a lot of water! I'm glad they were able to get blood.

Wow that's a lot of water! I'm glad they were able to get blood.
It is! I normally drink 2.5 l between 8:30 and 5 when I’m at work, along with two coffees and two Diet Coke cans. I like to think that all the water cancels out the caffeine and I healthiness of the coke and coffee, lol.

Fertility appointment is in two weeks time! Been reading very bad stuff on here about the consultant I’m hoping I won’t need to go that far though since the nhs won’t even fund my ivf, so I’m plhoping the nurse can just book me in for the relevant procedures I need to check for problems.

Started prenatal vitamins again today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"