Waiting to try, hopefully in the next few months

Emily1986

Reaction score
Hello,

This is partly a chance for me to introduce myself and to get any tips and advice that anyone has to offer.

My Fiance and I are planning to start trying for a baby in the next few weeks/months, looking like February at the moment. I am getting really excited about the adventure that is ahead of us. I am 22 my other half is 28 and we live on the outskirts of London/Essex boarder. At the moment I work as a Highways Agency Traffic Officer, but am hoping to go to the Police in the next few years once the baby has gone to school. Not sure how realistic this is but that is the current plan. At the moment we are looking to buy a family home, but we are very uncertain if it is a good time to buy at the moment.

Would be great to be able to get to know people in the area as I have moved here from Devon recently and don't really know anyone in the area.

Emily xx

Hiya. Sorry I'm not closer to you... We're in Kent and hoping to TTC v soon.
Its a killer isn't it - being uber excited about making babies...
but then horrified at just how much life is going to change! (or maybe that's just me)
The police is a FAB move! That'd be my first stop if our business fails.

I reckon if you can get a mortgage then nows a great time buy.
There are so many reposessions on the market that you can get a real steal.
(OK so no-one likes to profit from other peoples misfortune but times are hard and you'll have a baby on the way!)

P.S. Welcome to the forum xxx

I am a bit far away myself. I am in Canada. Just wanted to welcome you to BnB. :hi:

Hiya. Sorry I'm not closer to you... We're in Kent and hoping to TTC v soon.
Its a killer isn't it - being uber excited about making babies...
but then horrified at just how much life is going to change! (or maybe that's just me)
The police is a FAB move! That'd be my first stop if our business fails.

I reckon if you can get a mortgage then nows a great time buy.
There are so many reposessions on the market that you can get a real steal.
(OK so no-one likes to profit from other peoples misfortune but times are hard and you'll have a baby on the way!)

P.S. Welcome to the forum xxx
Hello Caz,

Kent isn't too far away, we go to Maidstone quite often to meet with some friends we know down there.

We can get a mortgage but there is a big question mark over if now is a good time or not, don't really like the idea of house prices carrying on falling after we have bought one. Not sure how I feel having a baby in a rented house, cross that bridge when we come to it.

What business are you involved in?

Emily

I would say that if you are planning on making a home of it, the prices falling more won't make that much of a difference You need to remember that finances are cyclical (sp) and the prices will go back up again. As long as you are going to be living there for more than a few years, it will rebound.

Hi Emily!Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to WTT!Unfortunately I'm in Devon so you've just moved away from me :( Jen xx

:wave:

I am in Surrey so a bit of a way unfortunately as I don't know too many people here so always happy to get to know someone new!

Good luck with everything and I hope it all turns out how you want it to.

The only thing I will say is think a lot about the Police....it isn't always the job it seems to be......

x

Hello and welcome
I also 22 and me and my partner are looking for a house, hoping to move in May/June, then hope to get married summer after. Lots of people have told us to wait a few months to see if the house prices continue to drop, hope to get a nice little house at a good price. I think nows a great time to by and lots of deals to be had.
All the best
xx

Hi Emily!Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to WTT!Unfortunately I'm in Devon so you've just moved away from me :( Jen xx
Hiya Jen,

I was born and grew up in Plymouth. I think it is a really nice place especially since it has been so heavily invested in. Nice to get to know you xx

Hello and welcome
I also 22 and me and my partner are looking for a house, hoping to move in May/June, then hope to get married summer after. Lots of people have told us to wait a few months to see if the house prices continue to drop, hope to get a nice little house at a good price. I think nows a great time to by and lots of deals to be had.
All the best
xx
I know what you mean, buying a house is always a gamble, but it is such a lot of money that I am feeling very uncertain. Might start going to house auctions to get an idea of how they work and perhaps getting a bargain. I think there is going to come a time when loads of people who are currently waiting to buy a house will all jump in and house prices will shoot up again. Then again it is really hard to know for sure.

Me and the other half are also planning to get married soon, details are yet to be confirmed but we know we are not going to want to have anything too fancy.

xx

:wave:

I am in Surrey so a bit of a way unfortunately as I don't know too many people here so always happy to get to know someone new!

Good luck with everything and I hope it all turns out how you want it to.

The only thing I will say is think a lot about the Police....it isn't always the job it seems to be......

x
Thanks for the wishes of good luck.

Can I ask why you say that about the police? I am always curious to hear other people's opinion. My job at the moment means I work quite closely with a number of Police forces (6 or 7) and I can tell there are a lot of regional differences.

Emily xx

Hi and welcome

I don't live near you but am also looking to ttc in Feb

Good luck on your journey

Heya - I just replied to you on my thread!
We run a vehicle signwriting company - putting graphics on commercial vans.
Its great working from home - but we're not rich from it and I don't think we ever will be.
:(
My friend and her new husband are renting - trying to clear other debts before taking on a mortgage - but they're pouring their money away - each month - its just lost. But although we made lots of money on our other houses... owning a house right now isn't particularly profitable!
She's just about to have a baby. In fact, she might have already dropped - he's due any day now. But they're settled and they're not losing any money so maybe they're the canny ones....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->