Waitress work, Finding it hard, Ahole managers....

Rhirhikoz

Mummy to Willow-Mae x
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just here for some advice really before I contact head office. I work in TGI Fridays as a waitress full time. However we are a new store and its SOOO BUSY its also a two floored resturant.

The day i found out i told them about my pregnancy as its a hard job which requires long hours and heavy lifting, and its been the works 4 months ive ever experianced.

I have no food breaks, unless i work 10 hours

Nobody helps me clear plates which can sometimes be upto 10 plates a time (if you ever been to TGI you would know the size of the plates)

Being made to run food upstairs

Forced to work upstairs

Get shouted at whilst sitting down for 5 minutes

Not allowed to eat on shift

They also ignore my requests for time off for antenatal which forces me not to show up and they cause me hassle and speak to me like a crock of s***!!!

because my managers who are female worked until 8 months, i get treated no different, however being a manager, your duties are to sit down and let everyone do the hard work for you :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

My risk assesments state i need food breaks and periods of sitting down, and im also not allowed to work upstairs, so why are they breaking thier own rules?

any advice guys? gets so bad i cry before my shift, my OH works there too, they no better to him.

That's not right! They can't treat you like that and I am sure there are laws about this.

I am hope someone who is more experienced comes along and gives advice. But I would defo get in touch with head office, and tell them what's happening. Might be worth sending letters recorded delivery so you have proof of your letters that were sent and that they haven't gone missing in the post, should head office decide to be aholes too

Good luck x

I used to waitress and worked with two different pregnant women. I have no idea of the rules, but it doesn't sound right. They were pregnant at different times and both of them had the section right by the kitchen and bar to make it easier for them. We all helped run their meals out and clear. Not because we were told to, but because we were a team and we just did it.

Do none of your colleagues help??

Where to start !

You are legally entitled to a 20 min break if you work 6 hours in a shift.
You are legally entitled to paid time off to attend any anti natal appts.
If your managers are not following your risk assessment you are legally entitled to start a grievance procedure with your employer.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parent...ilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/DG_10026556

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkingHoursAndTimeOff/DG_10029451

Hope these help x

I forgot to add this as well - https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461 - They can tell you over the phone how to sort out any workplace problems, your rights and the legalities of it all.

I think so too. It's a hard job. When I got pregnant, I decided to switch to online work. I read Peoplesmart reviews and started looking for a job there. I liked it so much that I have been working online for several years. It saves a lot of time because you don't have to get dressed and get to work. I wish you luck and patience, I hope you will find an easier job for yourself

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"