• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wales holiday recommendations

VikkiD

Reaction score
We were thinking of going to north or mid Wales for the bank holiday weekend. Me hubby lo 13 months not walking yet and our dog (boxer) can anyone recommend anywhere good to go?

I'm from mid Wales, what kind of things were you after to do? I don't know north Wales well, but Ceredigion is very nice, good beaches and Aberystwyth is nice. There's more attractions and things down south and around the Brecon Beacons, Pembrokeshire is lovely.

not sure whereabouts it is but we used to go on holiday to Barmouth when we was younger and it was really nice xx

As someone who lives in Rhyl I can safely advise- dont go there! lol.

I am a big fan of Aberwystwyth and theres a lovely place called Borth next to there with a 'Animalarium' which is fab for kids..beaches are all clean there and its one of my fav places to go on holiday :)

I am a big fan of Aberwystwyth and theres a lovely place called Borth next to there with a 'Animalarium' which is fab for kids..beaches are all clean there and its one of my fav places to go on holiday :)

Oh dear Rhyl has such a bad rap doesn't it, it was in the papers again over the weekend! Borth is lovely, Ynyslas right next to it is a lovely beach and sand dunes, we've been to the animalarium too.

We have been recommended Barmouth. We like walks an nice places to eat just want a bit of a relaxing break really and somewhere suitable for our dog :)

yeah I loved goin there when was younger we used to go to this waterfall place paid few quid to get in and could play and go in water, it was a lot further down from waterfall so all safe, was some nice pubs to eat and etc xx

I'm from north Wales, I can also advise against Rhyl hehe but Anglesea is so beautiful as well as betws y coed which is my favourite place, A huge waterfall called swallow falls, loads f amazing stone cottages, lovely pubs, restaurants as well as art galleries, pottery shops and amazing rugged scenery, would be ideal for relaxing with the dog too. Conwy is gorgeous, the castle is beautiful, there's a little place called Rowen nearby which has a secret field next to the most amazing pancake house and little tearoom that also do the most amazing elderflower champagne! North Wales has lots of hidden gems, you can't go far wrong with Conwy, Betws y Coed, and Anglesea. A few nice attractions include Bodnant gardens, Porth Madog, pilli palace. Have fun! X

We go every year to new quay, penbryn, aberystwyth ect. Georgous place. We got back from a lovely cottage in plwmp 2 days ago :)

Oh dear Rhyl has such a bad rap doesn't it, it was in the papers again over the weekend! Borth is lovely, Ynyslas right next to it is a lovely beach and sand dunes, we've been to the animalarium too.

To be fair it does deserve the rap it gets-its a shame too as given a bit of love (and people culling haha) it could be the holiday destination that it used to be..I am a Prestatyn Girl though and there is on the up-all be it slowly so thats a small bonus lol.

As a child I always said I wanted to live in Borth when I was grown up, have really happy memories of there.

I love bewtsy coed (sp) we had lunch on a little train was lovely. Girls can't wait to go again x

We took LO to a caravan in Blackrock Sands nr Porthmaddog and she loved it! There are loads of nice places to visit nearby too!

We have decided on Barmouth not had a break for ages so really looking forward to it just hope the weather holds out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->