Walking question

hiya hun - Izzy's not walking yet either - she's doing the same as Tristan - crusing and walking bearing her own weight holding onto someone but if we let go or try and get her to step towards something she bends her knees and crawls instead. That was silly of your HV to say that! My Mum is a HV and like everyone has said he's well within the normal parameters for his age and sounds like he's doing great. I was an early walker (9 months) my OH was about 13 Months so we'll see if she takes after her Daddy! I also wondered if it's anything to do with her height as she's so tall ( 97th percentile) it's gotta be harder to balance than if she was shorter?! lol x x

:hugs: i've been in the same boat and panicking the same way too. My DD has only just started pulling herself up on the furniture, she's confident enough to let go with one hand and sometimes walks side ways a step maybe two but thats it. I've spoken to 3 different health visitors about it and they all told me not to worry as long as she's walking by three years and can sit up unaided by 12 months theres nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Erin is exactly the same. She's 13 and a half months now and can cruise and crawl like lightening, will stand up on her own and bear weight, but won't take that first step . I was starting to worry a little too, but I just try and remind myself that all babies are different. (MIL told me that she took her first step the other day while I was at work - I don't believe her. I've told her if I don't see it, it doesn't count!)

my daughter was 10 months but me and my DH was early walkers, my sister was later at walking and her daughter didnt take her first steps till she was over 2 years old. i was always told you take after your parents. maybe invest in a walker that he can push around. thats what help my daughter. sounds like he is nealry there so i wouldnt listen to hv

Erin was pulling herself up and cruising at 13 months, then at 14 months she took her first steps. From then on she just stopped and cruised around furniture or walked holding your hand but she wouldn't walk on her own. Then when she turned 16 months she just started walking on her own, she is now 17 months and is running and climbing everywhere, you wouldn't know that she had only been walking for 4 weeks. I've learnt not to worry now as every child is different and they will do it in their own time. xx

Thomas started at about 11 months but was not properly walking until his first birthday.
My friend's little girl will be 2 next month and she is not yet walking - not even standing but they are not too worried as her Daddy was 2 before he walked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->