Want to BF but what if i cant? what system to buy etc

Crosby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I really want to breastfeed but im not sure if i will be able to as have breast implants.

We are now trying to choose a bottle steriliser and pump. Now what if it turns out that i cant BF will i have to return it and buy the one with the bottles for formula?

Or are the systems actually the same and the only extra i will need is either a breast pump or a formula?

I am a little dumb in this area, probably should go and ask at the store? But i need to get my knowledge from you first :))

Thanks all

My sister has breast implants and was able to nurse all four of her kids just fine. I waited until my baby was born to buy a pump, if she didn't breastfeeding well I would have bought an expensive electric pump, but she turned out to be a breastfeeding champ so I bought a cheaper manual pump since I will only pump on occasion if I am going to leave her to go out for the evening or something. Most stores where I live will not allow you to return a breast pump, even if the box isn't opened, so if you buy one before your baby is born just make sure you know what the return policy is in case it doesn't meet your needs.

Pretty sure most bottles can be used for both. I always did.

Just as reassurance though, there may be many reasons why breastfeeding doesn't work out, but my friend breastfed both her kids for a year each with implants and was a champion breast feeder. I don't have implants but it didn't'work out for me for very long, so just go with the flow. You probably only need to buy a few bottles before hand...

Breastfeeding with implants is actually addressed in the breastfeeding class I took before I had my first. There is no reason to expect that you won't be successful! And remember how hard it can be in the beginning, that doesn't mean it's not working, so persevere!
But doubt you would be able to return or exchange now that Items have been sterilized.

You reassured me ladies. I got BF class on the 5th.

Gonna buy the system with the pump and steriliser anyway. Found a good deal on tommee tippee :)

Thanks all. Hope implants dont interefere lolol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->