Want to start buying stuff....

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Okay, I know there have been a few threads in the past, but I'm feeling ill and I've got money in my paypal account ;) and was just thinking I want to DO something, to prepare for something in the future and stuff..

So, um, do you think it's okay to start buying things?

I was just thinking about some cute clothes I have been looking at almost everytime I go into the shop.. (creamy colours - suitable for boy or girl) and seen some bargains (whilst looking at other things) on ebay....

Um, shall I just go for it and start buying a few little bits? :blush:

xx

P.S Have you noticed how many WTTers have had BFPs recently?! :shock:

i know i said in drazics journal we should change the forum name to "NOT TRYING TO CONCEIVE BUT GETTING PREGGERS ANYWAY"

What you think?
as for buying things id wait, if things take longer than planned or god forbid some thing bad happend it will only depress you having them in the house.

i know i said in drazics journal we should change the forum name to "NOT TRYING TO CONCEIVE BUT GETTING PREGGERS ANYWAY"

What you think?
as for buying things id wait, if things take longer than planned or god forbid some thing bad happend it will only depress you having them in the house.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Sounds awesome!! :laugh2:

I was thinking about that, but I don't have any strong feelings of 'am I tempting fate?' probably more because it's just little bargains that I'm getting so I don't miss out, even though I know and accept we're not TTC for a while yet.

Hmmm. I dunno, I'm just thinking if I buy one little thing I won't be able to stop! :rofl:

xx

Have you got some where else to put them? a friends house maybe. Then they wont be laying around to depress you

Have you got some where else to put them? a friends house maybe. Then they wont be laying around to depress you

I'd probs just keep them in a wooden chest I've got, if we did have problems TTC I'm sure I'd be able to find somewhere else to keep em. For now though, it wouldn't bother me having some little bits and pieces tucked away. :)

Just nice to start preparing, get a few little things I want (if they're mega bargains :p) and then when the time comes, I'll already have got a few bits and pieces put away!

xx

What have/do other people want to buy? I'm really tempting to just start building a 'baby box' to start collecting little useful things in....then again I can't go too mad as spending the money obviously isn't a neccessity!! :dohh:

xx

Iv allready got babywipes(great for taking off eye make-up) and baby shampoo and talc for when my brother stay's but iv got lots of babys in the family so i would be able to beg, borrow or steal what i needed lol.

There's some weird responses on this thread. Im not sure if it's tiredness, or if its mocking. :s

Hun, I wouldn't if I were you. I can understand the temptation, but I wouldn't. But then, I brought things when I was preggers with my LO, and then when the worst happened I had these baby clothes all around, driving me crazy.. so maybe im the wrong person to ask.

I don't think 'd buy stuff (I didn't when I was WTT) but I would look at learning how to do something like knitting so you can practice lots and then when you are TTC you can make lots of your own clothes :)

I don't think 'd buy stuff (I didn't when I was WTT) but I would look at learning how to do something like knitting so you can practice lots and then when you are TTC you can make lots of your own clothes :)

That's a good idea. I did start making booties, but kept getting the tension wrong so starting again....then I started work. Was talking to someone today who used to knit really complicated designer patterns and was talking to her about how I'd like to learn to knit to a pattern and do something more complicated than a square! :rofl: (Although good suggestion to do loads of those and make blankets!) She said she'd help me get started if I wanted, so that'd be good! :)

xx

I'd love to learn to knit. Seems really relaxing and it would nice not to spend all my time at work, online or doing uni work. Will look that up, thanks Rafwife.

Oooooo good idea and when your kid gets older you can make it mingin embarasing jumpers for xmass!

There's some weird responses on this thread. Im not sure if it's tiredness, or if its mocking. :s

Hun, I wouldn't if I were you. I can understand the temptation, but I wouldn't. But then, I brought things when I was preggers with my LO, and then when the worst happened I had these baby clothes all around, driving me crazy.. so maybe im the wrong person to ask.

No I'm not too sure, but there you go. :shrug:

I dunno, I think just because I have settled down more, I've accepted that we're only going to start TTC when we are both (truly) ready and I'd just like to start buying, sort of bit by bit in preparation. To fill that gap between now and when we do start TTC/get pregnant/have a baby. :) TBH I'm on a bit of a bargain hunt and thought it'd be something nice that would hopefully come in useful at some point in the future. :)

I'm not thinking about going mad, just getting some little bits and pieces. I do understand your point though, but if something did go wrong and the things I had started to bug me, I'd just sell/give away (as I say, not intending to spend a bomb!).. I mean, something could 'go wrong' (God forbid) at the end of a pregnancy, I KNOW I wouldn't be able to stop myself buying things when I KNOW I'm pregnant! :D

It's so tempting just to get these little clothes I've been looking at as they're reduced and I've been dreading going in and seeing they've been discontinued! :rofl:

xx

Put the money in a savings account. Then when it's time you'll have the money to get what you want + interest.

Put the money in a savings account. Then when it's time you'll have the money to get what you want + interest.

Yeah, good idea. See I'm planning to do this too, just thinking about things I can keep an eye out for now and grab a bargain..whereas whenever in the future I might miss out, iykwim? Like my obsession with these gorgeous little clothes!! :rofl:

xx

Hun, ignore me. NOTHING WILL GO WRONG. If you want a few special bits then go for it, just make sure OH doesn't see and do one. :rofl:

At the arsenal shop, they had this little t-shirt which said 'half mummy, half daddy, 100% Arsenal' - been discontinued and can't get it anywhere now, wish id brought that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->