wanting to wean

kimmie_kisses

us four
Reaction score
I've been nursing my 9 month old daughter since day 1. I am ready to start dropping feedings and currently she gets water at her dinner feeding. My problem is that I work part time and I'm still having to pump that feeding. When I started back to work I had basically no stash to give her. I donated my stash to another mom because my daughter wouldn't drink it. I had to start over when I went back to work. I work part time so for the most part I'm still there to nurse her for breakfast, lunch, and during the night. I make sure she has enough for a bed time bottle if I'm not able to be with her. My problem with dropping feedings is that I have to pump twice to get enough milk for her bed time bottle. Currently I'm pumping on the way to work, at 4 when she normally eats dinner, at 7 for bed time, and on the way home. Between all those pumps I average enough for her bedtime feeding and maybe half of another bottle. I would like to drop the 4pm pump, but I don't want to be sacrificing supply. I feel like if I had more of a stash I wouldn't worry so much about dropping a pump session, but I only have 4 bags in the freezer. Should I try doing a couple power pumps after my daughter nurses at night and see if that will help my output at 7 and then maybe I can drop the 4pm pump?

Should I try doing a couple power pumps after my daughter nurses at night and see if that will help my output at 7 and then maybe I can drop the 4pm pump?

worth a shot :) The only other option I can really think of is waking in the middle of the night to pump to drop your 4pm pump but I don't really see that as easier then just keeping your 4pm pump

I can't really do that right now. My daughter has been waking several times a night due to teething. I guess I'll just keep it up for a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->