Was 8DPO to early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyandbaby

Mom Of 2 Girls, TTC#3
Reaction score
Okay, yesterday at 8DPO I gave in and got a blood tests. Done all they told me is that it was a serum pregnancy test..

Today, they called back said negitive:cry:

I've seen you around on quite a few different message boards, and it seem as though you are going through quite a bit of drama....or drama seem to follow you. The best advice I can give you is relax. Put the pee stick away (easier said than done) and forget the number to the lab for a little while. The more you stress the harder it is going to be to get pregnant. And yes, 8 dpo is way too soon to be going for a blood test. Especially if you haven't even gotten a positive home test yet.

8 DPO is way too early - I am even surprised your doctor did one. Most doctors want a positive urine test before they will run a blood test (and 8 DPO is too early for a urine one).

Ah, thank.. I'm so putting away the sticks till no AF arrives...
I was so mad to hear it was negitive. but, if it was to soon..
Then, maybe there is hope!!

THANK YOU GUYS :-D

No problem.

In fact implantation typically takes place between 7 to 10 dpo (although it can happen a little earlier or later). After that it takes a few days for the HCG to be at detectable levels.

Most recommend waiting until you are at least 10 DPO before testing.

Good luck!

I posted to you under your other thread...but yes, 8dpo is probably too early, unless you implanted very early.

8 days post ovulation is definately too early, unless you ovulated earlier than you thought. Like the others said, even after implantation, it can take quite a bit of time for the hormone to be detectable.

Good luck though M&B, you could still be pregnant! Good Luck!

I swear I had IB at 5 DPO...
I had some light bleeing that was mix into stretchy CM...

Still too early. It takes a few days for the hormones to reach detectable levels...I think my friend was saying it takes 6-12 days (depending on the person) for the hormones to reach the right levels. I could be wrong on the number of days, but I think that's what she was saying...

I swear I had IB at 5 DPO...
I had some light bleeing that was mix into stretchy CM...

Ok 2 things......
1. Were you checking your cervix position at all this cycle? If so it is VERY easy to nick it and cause spotting like that.
Or
2. Sometimes you can get spotting from ovulation itself.

I'm going to guess that at 5 dpo, it was that you nicked your cervix.

Spotting can happen for a few reasons:

You can spot when you O (do you chart? You may have O'd later than you thought).

From BDing (sometimes the cervix is a little more sensitive)

From Gyn exams/treatments

Or as #3nextsummer said, you may have nicked it checking CP.

It is hard to say if it was IB or not - you really don't know until you get a BFP.

Wait, why did you have stretchy CM 5 dpo?

Oh that is a good point - if you had streatchy CM it may mean you were Oing then or if you BD'd it might be the leftovers and you irritated the cervix somehow.

I'm not an expert on spotting like that. Could there have been another cause?

I guess I should read posts before I ask a question huh? SO I guess my question now is could there be another cause other than the ones mentioned?

No, I have already had ovulated when I had that spotting.
My nurse thinks it was implantation spotting.. But, only time will tell..

I only check my Cervix when I o.. And, I already knew I ovulated already when I had the spotting & it was mixed into the stretchy CM yes..

But, I had already "O" so thats why I was 5 Dpo when it happened..

But, thanks..
For the helpful questions and answers...
I will keep that in mind. Maybe it was something else or something..
But I have heard IB as early as 5DPO..

I will keep you guys posted...

you can ovulate more than once during a cycle (rare but it happens) and sometimes women get increased CM again when pregnant.

No, I have already had ovulated when I had that spotting.
My nurse thinks it was implantation spotting.. But, only time will tell..

I only check my Cervix when I o.. And, I already knew I ovulated already when I had the spotting & it was mixed into the stretchy CM yes..

But, I had already "O" so thats why I was 5 Dpo when it happened..

But, thanks..
For the helpful questions and answers...
I will keep that in mind. Maybe it was something else or something..
But I have heard IB as early as 5DPO..

I will keep you guys posted...

But if you only check your cervix when you O how come you have the stats on your chart?

Did you have an u/s that showed when you o'd? Because if not, one can never know for sure when it took place. And you can have the spotting days after you actually o'd.
5 dpo is really early for IB. not impossible if you conceived on the day you o'd, but highly unlikely.

I'm willing to place money that it was from your cervix though. Given that you had stretchy cm, I'd say you must have had sex and bumped your cervix, or nicked it checking CP.

Could your possible endo be the cause? I don't know anything about endo myself so hopefully I didn't just make a dumb suggestion. :dohh:

Well, I did have a ER visit, after ovulation. Cuz, I had some bad cramping that I thought I had an infection down there..
They did a wet prep, not a pap. Just were they took a cotton swab to swap some of the CM. Could have been it but I HAVE NEVER had that before after an exam..
Also, I ovulated due to temps with FF & an Positive OPK..

Um, Heres the deal with the positive OPK, I did something terrible dumb.
I did my own IUI.. YES DUMB.
So I went to the ER, Fearing I did something bad to myself.
They said that there was no infection and told me theres a chance I got Endo.
But, I had no tests to tell if I have it or not.
They wont test me untill I know for sure That I'm pregnant or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->