washing babies clothes

P

purple_socks

When did everyone start washing all the clothes in prep for LO's arrival? i have soooo many to wash! is there anything else aside from clothes that i should wash? bedding? bouncer seat cover?

Good question! looking forward to reading through the answers x

I always wash clothes, bedding, muslins, bibs, reusable nappies. Basically i personally wash anything that comes into contact with baby's skin that can be washed if that makes sense. But obviously this is not essential, probably just me. My washing is all now done and stacked neatly in my airing cupboard lol xxx

I washed and ironed all mine about 4 weeks ago, all I have left to wash are his sleeping bags, sheets muslins and bibs. Im not washing the bouncer and swing covers as they are brand new but I will wipe them down with disinfectant nearer the time just to make sure. Take care :hugs: Xx

I agree with littlemansmum, I wash things that come in contact with baby's skin like clothes, bibs, etc......
I started washing them around 20 weeks or so! LOL..... I got a little excited! It's basically just to get the starchy feel out of them from the store, or factory. The more clothes I get, I let them pile up, and when I'm bored, I'll throw in a load!

i'm much less organised lol washed my baby clothes about 2 weeks ago!

Exactly!! Thanks Dukechick. It's the starchy feel that i like to get rid off, plus some of the stuff i had from Asda was a bit grubby on closer inspection. Also i use fab softener on the baby's stuff as on mine so all the baby's stuff smells like me, sounds a bit daft but i found it helped settle my little man, hoping for similar results this time xxx

I have just washed everything, and we got the nursery finished yesterday xx :happydance::cloud9:

hmm maybe i should get on the case...i just looked at the amount i need to do! another quick question: does anyone know where to get little hangers from? none of my LO's stuff came with any and my own clothes hangers r way to big! can u buy them?

I've bought some at Walmart. We have more on our babiesRus registry too....

I got some cute blue ones from the pound shop about 6 for a quid, think you can also get them from poundland etc. Or try asking a George colleague at Asda as they only get binned so sometimes they give them away if you ask xxx

I have finnished all the newborn and 0-3 clothes she will need for now (a double wardrobe and chest of draws) but still have a bag of 0-3 stuff and another wardrobe full at my mums of 'holiday clothes' as we are going away in July, a bag or 3-6 and a bag of 6-9 incl coats etc i have seen and just havvve to buy lol.
I had what i was going to wash all done about 3 weeks ago, but keeping tags etc on all the other stuff just 'incase' lol
We have also washed EVERYTHING!! lol

Do youu think we should wash the inside of the pram??

xxxxxxxxx

hmm maybe i should get on the case...i just looked at the amount i need to do! another quick question: does anyone know where to get little hangers from? none of my LO's stuff came with any and my own clothes hangers r way to big! can u buy them?

I got tiny baby clothes hangers from Mothercare, they come in all bright colours :)

I started to wash things 1 week ago, I have now washed everything (clothes, muslins, bibs, mittens, blankets, sheets etc etc) and have a HUGE pile of ironing to do now!

I hadnt thought about washing the inside of the pram as that is all new, or the baby rocker chair.... hmmm.

As for the hangers, I know where to get them in Holland but as for the USA, I would just try any store that stocks normal size coat hangers, or any time you are passing a shop that sells baby clothes ask if you can have some spare one's - worst they can do is say no.

x

I did mine at 37/38 weeks, but i aqm gutted i feel it was a curse cause i am still here and overdue :cry::cry:

i have just put my first load of baby clothes onto wash, i cant wait for it to be finished, love the smell of fairy on baby clothes!

i'm not washing ours yet. i don't see the point as i still have 7 weeks to go yet (33weeks, 34 on sat) and then there is the potential to go 2weeks over which would be 9weeks, that's like 2.5months. in that time i think they'd loose that just washed feel/smell and get dusty and get that drawer type smell that sometimes clings to stuff in drawers.

i'm gonna start at about 35/36weeks, and will only be washing clothes that actually fit now,as will be left with same prblem as above if wash the biggar sizes too. going to wash/comfort/iron clothes/towels/bedding/sheets but nothing like pram insides/chairs etc.

xXx

I washed everything between 30-34 weeks. All clothes/blankets/muslins ect and any bedding/covers we got off things that people had given us. DIdn't wash the bouncer cover as it was brand new anyway.

x

Erm....

I'm supposed to wash it all before it's worn?:dohh:

I havent washed anything yet.....................will do it at bout 35wks i think hahah saying that i keep going through and having a look at everything.
Love the smell of fairy hmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->