washing babies clothes

i was told by MW not to use any fabric conditioner for atleast first 4 weeks of baby's life and its quite irritant and to just use fairy non-bio as gives slightly softer feel but might still be a bit squeeky :-(

I washed ALL my clothes/bibs/scratch mitts/hats.... on my 1st day off on mat leave!!!!!!

Ha,ha,ha,ha

Thought it would take forever but i got it all done and put away in the 1st weekend..then i was bored!!! ha,ha,ha,ha

xxxxx

I washed all mine at 37 weeks (this weekend) just remember if you dont have a tumble dryer you need to find somewhere to hang everything i filled the line and the radiators and had to go to my mums with the rest and that was just 1 load!!! everything is so tiny !!!

i was told by MW not to use any fabric conditioner for atleast first 4 weeks of baby's life and its quite irritant and to just use fairy non-bio as gives slightly softer feel but might still be a bit squeeky :-(

wow :o really? is it not something to do with them having some kind of partnership with fairy and the bounty packs? seeing as that's whatyou get in them :rofl:

with first son nan washed everything in non bio and usedfab cond and he was ok :o it would be odd to not use fab cond though wouldn't it? i don't thinnk clothes feel/iron/look as well/good you know. i'd felt like i hadn't washed them properly kwim? :o

xXx

Erm....

I'm supposed to wash it all before it's worn?:dohh:

yep...coz if they're second hand obviously they need a wash and if they're new the industrial washing stuff they use isn't good plus they can get dirty in transit/packaging/instore.

Erm....

yep...coz if they're second hand obviously they need a wash and if they're new the industrial washing stuff they use isn't good plus they can get dirty in transit/packaging/instore.
Ok. New rule. Anyone who buys me stuff must wash it first.

I'd have thought if it was an issue, they'd note it on the lable?

Think they assume that everyone washes before using chick, some of the stuff can feel quite starchy, but apparently some places use a starch or something on the clothes to keep them looking nice on the hanger in shop xxx

Erm....

Ok. New rule. Anyone who buys me stuff must wash it first.

I'd have thought if it was an issue, they'd note it on the lable?

and they have dust (i'm not obsessed with dust on babies clothes honest :rofl:) on them and people pawing stuff... putting their yucky germs all over them!

xXx

Last time my mw said as long as i used a baby freindly fabric softener, like the comfort pure that comes in bounty pack you get once baby born it is fine.
I used that with my son and he has never had a problem, guess it's up to the individual mum but i am using comfort pure on all my baby stuff this time too.
All have been washed in fairy non bio first xxx

Yay! I'm not alone! Thanks chick, you've made my day xxx

and they have dust (i'm not obsessed with dust on babies clothes honest :rofl:) on them and people pawing stuff... putting their yucky germs all over them!

xXx

sorry im invading post from second tri ;) ive bought alot of clothes they still have tags on so far and i plan to wash them only a week or so before im due, just because i want them fresh and dont wanna feel like they are all dusty from being in the dresser for so long :/xx

I'm going to do all mine when I start maternity leave at 36 weeks.

i'm using fairy washing powder and fabric cond x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->