Water birth :)

Jadelm

Reaction score
I have my heart set on one (although I know I might not get one!), just wondered what everyone's thoughts and experiences were with them :flower:

My Mum was meant to have a water birth with me but they had to pop her waters and then wouldn't let her be in the pool as it was her first pregnancy and they wanted to keep a closer eye on her.. or something lol. She still did it pain relief free though (except gas and air) :thumbup: If my Mum can do it, I can!! xxx

Haha Jade ur the first person to post in here.
Im hopin for a water birth but im not getting my heart set on it cuz i dont wanna be dissappointed if i cant have one.
Im putting down on my notes that I would like to try it if possibe. We only have on pool at our hospital
xx

I am hoping for a home water birth, so I have bought my own birthing pool - it's fab; I so hope I get to use it.

Depends on whether there is going to be a mw to support me at home; unless they are too busy in the unit -so fx'd xxx

We are also going for a home water birth and we are so excited about it!

Not long to wait now :yipee:

xxx

I almost had a water birth lol... i spent my whole labour in the pool at the midwife led unit here, but I had to get out right at the very end as her heart rate dropped a lot... they thought i was still only 5cm but i was pushing as i got out of the pool, and Ruby was born on 'dry land' a few mins later.... so i would prob have been ok to stay in, if only they had known i would dilate so fast at the end!

i loved it... the pool was amazing, and it really helped with the pain, it was ten fold as soon as i got out, and i was begging them to let me back in again!
i say go for it!!!!!!!!

im hoping for a water birth too but have sooooooooooooo many questions about it! lol ive written them in my birthing plan so hopefully the MWs can put my mind at ease beforehand like but anyhoo....

Im planning on wearing a bra n big t-shirt if i do get a water birth but am really really wanting skin-to-skin the min he arrives(providing all is well) so i was thinking do the MWs tell me when i should take off my t-shirt?? lol dont really wanna be fumbling with a wet t-shirt while my baby is waiting on a huggle from his mummy! lol

also for the placenta my mw said that if i choose to get the injection to help deliver it, which i have, ill have to get out the pool to get this....where will my son go???? lol im hoping that this'll be when daddy gets his hold but as this is my first ive no idea how quick all this happens lol xx

hey hun.... i laboured in a nursing sleep bra.. they have drop cups, so i just dropped them when she arrived, took about half a second, and she had instant skin to skin!

with the placenta... either way you prob wont be holding LO when its delivered... i didnt have the injection, but you still have to push, and 'deliver' it... so when i was doing this they gave Ruby to my OH and he held her while pushed it out... i think this was about 10ish mins after she was born.... hope that helps

I am hoping for a home water birth, so I have bought my own birthing pool - it's fab; I so hope I get to use it.

Depends on whether there is going to be a mw to support me at home; unless they are too busy in the unit -so fx'd xxx

I so hope you get your home water birth too! I just wanted to say, that the MW HAVE TO BE THERE! They are not allowed to 'know' you are in labour and NOT attend to you... So if you call them and say you are in labour and about to give birth at HOME, lol They HAVE to attend! :) They may try and convince you to come in to the unit/hospital, but you dont have to!

Good luck to all of you ladies! I'm planning on a water birth when the time comes too, but again, I don't want to get my hopes up too much because DH wont let me have a homebirth as it's our first, so i need to pray that the pool is free!! :)

I'm too much of a wuss - but I admire all of you that have your heart set on a home birth and/or water birth.

I will want to have all the pain relief available to me and know this is limited with HB/WB! My neighbour did it in her bedroom with nothing but a flannel on her face...I never heard a sound! We didn't know anything about it until the morning after.

I hope you all get the births that you wish for. x

I also have my heart set on a water and home birth :)

Ideally i do not want to go to the hospital at all - so far so good lets hope he stays well and in there till 38 weeks and i should be having him peacefully at home.

i had a water birth and i am hoping to do it again this time, i actully tryed the gas and air but found the water more effective actully as soon as the contractions started to get painful all i wanted to do was get in the bath

Im looking forward to a water birth as well! NIfirsttimer I am hoping to go to the home from home suit as well!!

I liked seeing your pics in your birth story!

oooh a fellow NI-er! i cannot recommend the ulster home from home enough! i had an amazing experience there, my OH was allowed to stay overnight, loads of BF support, and the room was like a posh hotel!
you mustnt live too far from me then!
do you know there is another NI meet up this sat at the zoo!? u should come & meet us all!

I am also hoping for a water birth - not at home though, so it's a bit pot luck first some first served!
However, the hospital stats say only 2% of their births are water births so if we ring them early on when labour starts we might be able to 'reserve' it as such!
I'm trying not to get my heart set on it too much because of the uncertainty.

I also have my heart set on a water and home birth :)

Ideally i do not want to go to the hospital at all - so far so good lets hope he stays well and in there till 38 weeks and i should be having him peacefully at home.

It's from 37 weeks gestation here that they support home birthing, so I only have to wait until tomorrow ... as long as all else goes well lol -Although my home birthing kit isn't being delivered to the house until Friday lol -so maybe he'd better wait until then xx

:happydance::happydance:

I wanted a home birth....until i found out I couldnt have the epidural too!

Im too much of a wimp to not have it 'available' if I really do need it!! x

Hello NI'ers!

Apparently home births over here are only 1/500 women, I REALLY hope they let me have one! (I'm Lisburn) Fingers crossed!

we are so lucky at the ulster hosp.. in the midwife unit EVERY ROOM has a pool!!!
lemme see if i can find my pics.....

Im going to the birthing center provided bubs behaves themselves :haha: and Im hoping for a water birth too :) Possibly using a TENS machine before getting in the pool, but going to look into hypnotherapy too! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->