Water

wish4baby

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
How much pure water do you drink daily?
I am aiming for at least 64oz (half gallon) is that a good number or do you do more? (I actually went a bit over the last couple of days, almost 88oz)

I have completely cut out my coffee & cokes...but I still have some Lipton diet green tea, and some orange juice (which I suddenly love lol) daily.

I am struggling to find a good way to get all that water in. I don't like faucet water, only cold, bottled water and I cannot get on board with that much waste (even though we recycle!) - it would be 5 or more plastic bottles a day :(

I just bought a 22 oz brita water bottle, so I can fill it with faucet water & its supposedly filtered as I sip it, but I don't know anything about those filters, are they ok for pregnancy??? Or is there a better bottle? I'd like to have 2 or 3 and then refill and refrigerate, any recommendations?
Thanks

I horrible about drinking water except in early pregnancy when I tend (2 out of 3) to crave ice water.

I have a 24oz bottle that I refill throughout the day. I try to make sure I drink at least 2, but closer to 3 bottles a day. We used to buy bottled water, but the waste was insane. Now weve switched to a giant jug of bottled water with a tap. I buy 3 a week and it usually gets us through the week. Theyre still plastic, but I feel a lot better about recycling 3 of them a week as opposed to 60 water bottles a week.

You may want to ask your dr about the green tea. Ive seen something recently that green tea can make your body not absorb folic acid as well as it should.

In any case, I think its more important to drink to thirst, instead of drinking X amount of ounces a day. I try to make sure that every time I think about taking a drink, or if I notice Im licking my lips more often, or my mouth feels a little dry, to take a few sips. That usually gets me through my 2-3 bottles a day. Also, taking sips after each trip to the bathroom! Gotta replenish whats coming out :)

I'm horrible for not drinking enough water. It's embarrassing actually, some days I don't drink any. I know I just need to get into the routine, but I really can't be bothered a lot of the time which is horrible.

I do allow myself one Coke per day though. I don't drink coffee or tea, so during my afternoon slump I have a can of Coke to power me through the rest of the day.

If you're worried about the filter I'd check with your doctor but I imagine they're fine. What we do at home is we just put water in a jug and keep it in the fridge. It's not filtered but a lot of stuff just naturally evaporates as it sits there. At work I just get ice from the cafeteria and then use water from the drinking fountain.

Thanks y'all
I did some online searching, and it does seem like the brita filter is ok during pregnancy - its just charcoal / carbon & completely safe (isn't absorbed by your body at all)...I think I'll get another one to rotate.

I did come across some bad info about green tea. I take A LOT of folic acid and have for about 6 months. But to be safe, I probably won't buy anymore & just stick with water until 2nd tri. With this "Lipton diet citrus green tea", it's probably like 1% green tea and 99% crap anyways.

I only enjoy water that is ice cold. Bretta is a good product to use while pregnant. I also like sparkling water that has fruit flavor but no carbs. If you're worried about waste, you can get a soda stream and make your own in reusable bottles. I'm thinking of switching because I drink nearly all my water with bubbles and it really is starting to make me feel guilty to generate all those recyclables. If for some reason I do decide to drink some water flat, I like it very cold and infused with some type of fruit. I also like to mix sparkling water with juice 50/50, but lately I've decided that's too high carb so I tend to buy it already flavored.

I agree with the idea that it's less about drinking a specific amount, and more about just making sure to drink some consistently throughout the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->