Waters Breaking At 14/15 Weeks?

have they put you on any vitamin supplements? From what I have heard, if you take supplemental vitamin c and e, it might help repair the membranes. I'm so glad that you have made it this far, and wish you the best to reach the 24 week mark, and beyond! Your little ones are fighters and I'm rooting for them! :hugs: for mum, though, I know you must be exhausted with worry.

just read your posts and just wanted to say i'm thinking of you and your babies x

Had a lovely appointment with the senior registrar I really like today. She spent ages on the scan and pointed out all the limbs etc on both twins. She did try and find out the sex, but both twins were determined to be awkward. Twin 2 (with fluid) was very wriggly and went from head down to bum down to laying across during the scan, but kept legs firmly closed the whole time! Twin 1 was moving today too.

Luckily, both twins are measuring the same size as singleton babies, twin 1's BPD worked out at 19.0 and the abdominal circumference at 18+5 which gave an estimated weight of 167g. Twin 2's BPD worked out at 18+5, but the abdominal cicumference at 19+4, little fatty! Estimated weight was 277g. My previous babies were all big (biggest 10lb when born at 38 weeks) so hopefully that's an advantage here.

My placenta is covering my cervix, so that is good news really re: cord prolapse, as it will prevent the cord droping through the cervix. Obviously don't want a c-section, but really don't care what they do to me as long as the babies are OK.

Oh, and the swab taken when I went in last Weds with the bleeding was completely clear ofinfection so that's good news/

Feeling quite optimistic today, although still a long way to go. Less than 5 weeks though!!!

Wooohooo! So glad to hear all is well hun! The next 5 weeks will fly by! Strong little fighters u got there xxx

hope your ok!!
at my 16week scan bump had its legs closed but today they was open!! :)
not long now til 24weeks!! :)

xxx

awww hun, so glad you've had a more positive appointment. I truly know what a difference that makes!

You know, this pregnancy is probably gonna be tough mentally for you, but despite that, you know you just might make it way past 24wks and come out the other side with a beautiful reward for all your anxiety and grief. It can happen darlin, and we are all praying for you xxxxx

Oh thats good hun. Keep them in a bit longer. cxx

Great news Midori....as I said before, they're little fighters!! :hugs:

That's brilliant news! You are doing so fantastically well and I hope that they stay put well past the 24 week mark! x

Hi hun,

I havn't responded to this thread previously but I have been following your progress. It sounds like everything is going fantastically well at the moment so keep that PMA going - you and your babs are doing great xxxxx :hugs:

I just wanted to say I too am watching this thread avidly and am thinking of you and the twins. Keep it up, you're incredibly strong as are your babies!! x :thumbup:

Ive also come across your thread and have been checking up on you! I hope everything works out for you.

Only 2 1/2 weeks left now hun, hope all is still well with both of them :)

You should be 22weeks now? How are you? Hope they're both holding on in thre for you xx

Sorry for not updating, have been exhausted.

For those who don't already know, I was in hospital last week with a blood clot in my lung. Luckily all seems Ok and I am now on Clexane injections twice a day to prevent further blood clots. Fun! I also had an infection that could bring on labour, but have had antibiotics, so hopefully it has cleared up.

I am 22+3 today. Less than 2 weeks until 24, although they have said now that they will assess the babies for resus after 23 weeks, although there is only a tiny survival rate at that gestation and a lot of associated problems.

I had an consultant appointment yesterday. All seems well, twin 1 is actually slightly bigger than twin 2 now, which is a good sign, although obviously we still don't know about lung development and won't know until they are born. Both were moving, which is also good and there was a small pocket of fluid by twin 1's face and one by his/her bum. Twin 1 was measuring in at approx. 499g and twin 2 at around 476g, (1lb 1 oz and 1lb 2oz roughly) both good as they need to be over 500g at birth really, whatever the gestation.

Typically, I now have a toothache, which is nightmarish as I am terribly phobic of dentists. Still, as long as it doesn't affect the twins (which it won't!) I can cope with it.

I am really hoping I can hang on that two mnore weeks! Well, 11 days... We have chosen names now, Jacob and Isaac for boys and Megan and Imogen for girls. Megan means 'strong' so is especially appropriate for twin 1.

Sounds promising! I have my fx for you that you make it at least 11 more days, if not longer! :hugs:

You've had such a rough time and are so strong- I really admire you for that! Sounds like the bubs are hanging in really well- hope they stay put for at least a few more weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->