Waters Breaking At 14/15 Weeks?

So glad the three of you are doing well :)

Lovely names! Its all sounding quite promising & you are so nearly at the crucial 24 week mark. Fingers crossed you manage to keep them in for as long as possible as every day really does count!!

Thats fantastic, only 10 more days till your 24wks. Hoping all continues to go so well and the bubs hold on way past 24wks.
Your doing such an amazing job hun, you really are giving your babies every possible chance. Well done hun..

I have also been following along and am so thrilled that things are going well! I'm glad everything with the PE has cleared up! I hope your toothache gets better as well but if not make sure you get it treated my mom had a terrible abssess thing that lasted forever because she didn't get it looked at and it would suck to go through that!
PS - I totally agree and hate the dentist! I'm not sure why...but I usually reschedule my cleanings at least twice before I go lol!

I've just read through this thread and how much can 1 person take, by the sounds of it your now doing well and I hope everything turns out for the best. Goodluck with everything.

Thanks all.

Had the tooth out last Friday, and it's not painful any more, so that's a bonus! :happydance:

Had an appointment with the haemotologist yesterday. I need to wait on some results from blood tests she took to see if I am on the right dose of clexane, but otherwise it went fairly well. The downside is that I will not be able to have an epidural in labour, which means if I do have to have a c-section I will need to have a general. That has been one of my worst nightmares all along, tbh, as obviously if the babies don't live for very long after birth it could mean I never get to meet them. Hopefully it won't be an issue, but obviously I need to consider all eventualities.

I have a scan and consultant appointment this afternoon, so will discuss the likelhood of a c-section at an extremnely premature twin delivery with him then. Hopefully it is low. I am also a bit breathless again, but hoping that is nothing, and I think it's fairly normal for quite a while after a PE, and it might not have completely gone yet.

Good luck with your appointment. Wow, the twins and you make a remarkable team. We're all thinking of you and praying for your and the twins' health. Hugs, and keep us updated.

I can hardly believe its only 5 more days until you make it to that magical 24 week mark! I am so happy for you and your babies, you must be getting a little excited as that special mark is fast approaching. I'm glad to hear that you got the tooth removed without any incident. :hugs:

Glad all is going as well as it can I can't believe ur almost 24weeks keep us posted with how u get on at ur scan xx

Glad the tooth extraction went OK and you're not in pain anymore.

I'll be waiting to see how the appt went :)

Thanks again all.

Scan went well. Both babies fine and moving, although obviously twin 1 can't move that much. Twin 2 was definitely swallowing on the scan, which was fab to see, he/she took a big gulp. The consultant was trying to see if twin 1 was swallowing, but wasn't sure, although said it is possible as there was a small pool of fluid by the face, as there always has been.

The bad news is, the blood clot I had/have seems to have complicated thinng far more than I had realised. The haemotologist has spoken to my consultant this morning and is concerned about me bleeding in labour/during the birth as I am on such a high dose of clexane. She is also worried about the continued effects of the clot as it starts to break up. So, they are admitting me to the hospital tomorrow with a view to putting a 'greenfield filter' in, which apparently acts like a kind of sieve to in an artery to stop any bits of blood clot that break off going to my heart. (obviously very serious!) Plus, I will stay on the clexane, although will have to stop it when in labour. I also need to see an anaesthetist that deals with patients on clexane and similar to find out what my options at delivery will be.

They are also trying to decide which hospital I should give birth in. My booked hospital don't care for babie sunder 28 weeks usually, but have cared for some 26 weekers. (I need to see a neonatologist about that really) but unless the hospital that do have available cots then there isn't much point in tranferring me. I'll get the steroids Sunday and Monday either way though and then again at 28 weeks if I am still pregnant by then.

So, I'll be in for the foreseeable future, maybe until delivery. Fun! :haha:

Thanks again all.

Scan went well. Both babies fine and moving, although obviously twin 1 can't move that much. Twin 2 was definitely swallowing on the scan, which was fab to see, he/she took a big gulp. The consultant was trying to see if twin 1 was swallowing, but wasn't sure, although said it is possible as there was a small pool of fluid by the face, as there always has been.

The bad news is, the blood clot I had/have seems to have complicated thinng far more than I had realised. The haemotologist has spoken to my consultant this morning and is concerned about me bleeding in labour/during the birth as I am on such a high dose of clexane. She is also worried about the continued effects of the clot as it starts to break up. So, they are admitting me to the hospital tomorrow with a view to putting a 'greenfield filter' in, which apparently acts like a kind of sieve to in an artery to stop any bits of blood clot that break off going to my heart. (obviously very serious!) Plus, I will stay on the clexane, although will have to stop it when in labour. I also need to see an anaesthetist that deals with patients on clexane and similar to find out what my options at delivery will be.

They are also trying to decide which hospital I should give birth in. My booked hospital don't care for babie sunder 28 weeks usually, but have cared for some 26 weekers. (I need to see a neonatologist about that really) but unless the hospital that do have available cots then there isn't much point in tranferring me. I'll get the steroids Sunday and Monday either way though and then again at 28 weeks if I am still pregnant by then.

So, I'll be in for the foreseeable future, maybe until delivery. Fun! :haha:

You've really been through it all, haven't you? But your bravery just amazes me and you should be so, so proud of yourself during such a scary time. It sounds like it really is a good idea to be admitted, though hospitals do suck haha.

I'm glad they're taking care of you, as much as a nuisance as it seems ferrying you about! I really hope things go smoothly and both twins are OK :)

I hope things go well at the hospital. Being in the hospital sucks but at least you'll be in the right place to make sure you and the twins get the best care :) Just try to get people to bring you real food, not hospital food, from time to time lol!

Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong... Had a detailed scan today and the sonographer thinks twin 2 has talipes (club foot) to some degree, affecting 1 leg only. I need to be scanned by a doctor to find out for sure, but the sonographer seemed pretty certain. Still, in the scheme of things it's nothing really. Sonographer did confirm twin 2 is definitely a girl.

Other than that, both babies are fine for now. Twin 1 is sqaushed but there are some pools of fluid including a 2cm pool by the face, which is encouraging. Twin 1 was sucking/chewing his/her hand during the scan too, which was fab!

Not sure when the filter will be put in yet, but it seems they'll put it in to cover me when I have to come off the clexane for delivery and take it out again after. For that reason they have talked about elective delivery, but obviously they need to weigh up the fact I could go into labour at any time with a safeish gestation for the babies. I should know more tomorrow hopefully.

Pity there are no prizes for the most dramatic pregnancy ever! Lol.

What are you now hun?? I hope your ok.. Something i couldnt imagine going through..

I had chloe and jaycee early and its hard but there is so much care.. have hope xx

I'm 23+4 today. Will get steroids on Sunday. Tbh, although 24 weeks would seem pretty grim to most, compared to where we have been these last 9 weeks, basically knowing I could go into labour at any time and the babies wouldn't stand a chance, the position we're in now seems fantastic and everything else from here on in is a bonus.

I'm fine, I do get upset occasionally, but I can't change what's going to happen, so I might as well just hope for the best and get on with it.

Such a roller coaster ride hun, and you´re so brave about it and have a positive outlook. A lot of us can take a page from your book.

Hoping all goes well for you and the twins hun. And congrats on finding out the sex of baby 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->