Weaned my 26 month old off breastfeeding

cherryness

Reaction score
I weaned him completely off two months ago/hardly had any milk/ was only giving him a feed a day anyway but Iv always had a chronic sort of lump in my boob that I assumed to just be blocked duct (for about six months or more) as it always seemed to go down a bit but still feel like a bad bruise after feeding. Now that i've stopped its gradually got to the size of a golf ball and I cant wear a bra as its so sore :( im going to the docs tomorrow but wondered if anyone else had had a similar situation?

Now I've been referred up to the referral centre for tests :/ but most likely its a cyst or something benign.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay :hugs:

No advice as I have no personal experience of anything like this, but hope it is nothing serious. Do you have any correspnding symptoms like high fever etc that might indicate mastitis? xx

I recently found a lump (actually 2) that ended up being accessory breast tissue and a swollen lymph node, so I know how scary they can be. The fact that it got bigger after you stopped bfing and that it was smaller after a feed leads me to think it is something to do with breastfeeding and nothing too serious. Maybe you have a partially-blocked milk duct? So it never drained completely and now it is filling up since you no longer breastfeed?

It is good that you are getting it checked out, because any changes, lumps should be looked at and I am sure that it will put your mind at ease.

I am sure it's nothing serious though, good luck at the doctors. :)

I have recently been scanned for a lump that is often visible on my left breast when I feed. Other times you can't see it but can always feel it altho sometimes seems a lot less obvious to feel than at other times. Anyway had an examination by a consultant and then a scan which revealed nothing!!! Normal breast tissue. The consultant has told me that it's just modular breast tissue and I shouldn't worry. I originally thought it was a milk duct filling and emptying but not sure it is, v strange. It's very soft and movable to hoping it will stop being an issue when I stop feeding.
Sounds like yours is feeding related sure the breast clinic will confirm this for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->