weaning on the breast @ 22 months ...help please:(

AlbaAngel24

Mom of 1 expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My daughter is nearly 22 months old now, and is still breast feeding at nap time, and bedtime...., which also means waking up 1-3 times a night to feed. STILL. :(

I am at my wits end with it. I don't like it anymore. Especially cause I notice after she's done eating im a pacifier for the next half hour until she decides to sleep.
I almost tear up and feel like crying( i cried tonight out of frusteration) ...., thats how bad it's become for me. I have done it for long enough and I need it to end, but how?

She's extremely strong willed and will have no problem having a tantrum and a break down to get her way.
I am looking for any tips please, i am so tired:(

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Google Jay Gordon's night weaning method. I would suggest dealing with the nights first, as they are probably causing you the most stress. Also Pantley's "gentle removal plan" from the No Cry Sleep Solution book would help to break the nursing to sleep association.

We were in a similar situation until a few weeks ago. I can't think of anything that has changed but she either sstn or just wakes once for a quick comfort feed and goes straight back to sleep. I know if I took it away completely she would have screaming fits and not settle. I am trying to encourage her to lie down after a story and "show mummy how you do sleepy time". She still ends up asking to be fed but she is lying down more and feeding less. I also read an article on Kellymom (I don't know the link but I found it through google). Good luck as I know how exhausting it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->