Weaning problems. Worried & need some advice.

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Since about 4 months old Pierre has been having a couple of spoons full of pureed veg & fruit.

Now he's between 6-7 months and the health visitor said his weight isn't quite keeping up to what it has been and he should be on 3 meals a day.

Well I've got him to have baby food 2/3 times a day but he doesn't have much at all. Maybe just a few spoons full. I've been using the babyfood in jars so I can see exactly how much he's been having and it's often only about1/4 of the jar. Half if we are lucky and that would only happen once a day.

He's still mainly just having his bottles as his main source of nutrition. I give him the food first and then a bottle after but he clearly doesn't fill up on the baby food because he will have a few spoons full and then drink all his milk.

Also he hates baby drinks. He won't even drink water. All he'll drink is milk.

How much should he be eating and what csn I do to get him to have more?

id say toast and a boiled egg would be to fast for him if hes only had a few mouthfuls of food i agree with trying youghurts with him or try making some mash for him just whip it in the blender he might not like jar food xx

def yoghurts as they are a good source of calcium, have u tired making up some purees, maybe he would prefer mommy's cooking :) you could also give him a try on the savoury baby rice?? but dont worry it takes some babies alot longer than others to get used to solids, and build up there appetite!

Darn HV's for making us worry lol some babies just take time to wean ..I dont see why she would make you worry when they tell us that milk should be the only thing they have till 12 months ..

My friends baby is 8 months and just now hes eating 2 meals a day ..as long as hes eating when he wants and what he wants its ok..

But also you can try what I did and push back his feedings a lil so hes um some what really hungry ..then he may eat a lil more

Thanks. I do make my own food but he seems to like that even less. Except for when I make fruit puree - he does seem to like that.

I've given him rusks which he loves and mushes up but that can't really count as a meal?! And I've tried yoghurt. He likes it but doesn't eat anymore than with the jars.

I guess I just have to stick with it and he will get there in his own time.

Thanks everyone.

I agree with the others, milk should still be his main source of nutrition and as long as he is eating what he wants he will be fine. Babies grow fastest at a younger age and he might just be pacing himself for a growth spurt coming soon.

I agree, try yoghurt (something like petit filous or Little stars would be fine) and see how he goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->