Wedding Dress!

BertieBones

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
Hey all,

went wedding dress shopping yesterday and now i'm more confused than ever!

i only tried on 4 dresses and the first 3 were lovely (and in the sale so approx £200-£300) but then i tried on 1 that was totally what i didnt thin i wanted and fell in love with it!!
unfortunately it is £1099!!!

I now if i buy 1 of the cheaper 1s i liked that it will be fine.... but....

if i dont buy the expensive 1 i know i will regret it!

ahh what to do!!!??

anyhows,

how much did u all pay for ur dress and do u have pics also?

cheers xx

Ooooh no what a dilema!

First step is to have another look round for the same style but in cheaper prices.
Other options include going on the designers website, look for the stocklists and ring the shops to see how much they sell it for, or maybe ask how much she would sell you the dress 'off the hanger?' maybe look for it pre-loved?

My dress was 'off the hanger' because I only have to loose a stone and half to get into it and its beautiful and I had £200 off the original price. It was £700- and I would have paid the extra £200 but it gave me an incentive to loose the weight!

xx :hugs:

Attachments

• The Dress- back & front.jpg
    The Dress- back & front.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 7
  • The Dress- close up.jpg
    The Dress- close up.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 7
was thinking about asking her to do a bit of a deal. I'm gonna have to have a look around in the next few weeks.

I have to lose weight 2! my boobs have gone huge since having LO so nothing fits around my bust!

unfortunately I dont know the designer and wasnt allowed to take a pic!

Will just have to go back 4 another try on session!

your dress is gorgeous btw! very vintage looking! lovely ! x

I was kind of in this situation...I stupidly tried on a dress waaay out my budget (as my mum insisted as i love it so much)...thinking 'it might not look that amazing on you never know, then you can put it to rest...'

so of course, put it on....and its my DREAM dress. Its so me down to a T....and everything i wanted. But this way literally a non-possibility price-wise (budget was £500-£800) and this dress was £1,795

So my mum sees my face in it and i tell her its just not possible, she turns to me and tells me shes buying it for me. I told her definitely NO as she was saving for a holiday...but she insisted and wouldnt take no for an answer, said me in that dress would make her happier than any holiday...so I was able to get my dream dress :cloud9:

I could only echo what honeybee says...look around for the style in similar dresses, or bargain for it cheaper at another stockist.

Another option- Send a picture of the dress to the workshops in China and see if they can make it for you cheaper!

this is mine hun

https://www.morilee.com/bridals/bridal/2903

the first shop i tried it on in it was £930 before alterations and i found it in another shop for £699 x

thats a gorgeous dress Random!

I cant find a pic of the dress I love anywhere, these are the closest to it but it has a lot more bling on the bodice!

never thought I'd go for something like this though!

Attachments

• a-line-princess-strapless-chapel-train-tulle-wedding-dress-for-brides-2010-style-wda0358.jpg
    a-line-princess-strapless-chapel-train-tulle-wedding-dress-for-brides-2010-style-wda0358.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 5
  • tulle-strapless-empire-bodice-with-ball-gown-and-asymmetrical-beaded-appliques-zipper-wedding-dr.jpg
    tulle-strapless-empire-bodice-with-ball-gown-and-asymmetrical-beaded-appliques-zipper-wedding-dr.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5
  • tulle-strapless-sweetheart-empire-bodice-with-ball-gown-and-chapel-train-wedding-dress-in-zipper.jpg
    tulle-strapless-sweetheart-empire-bodice-with-ball-gown-and-chapel-train-wedding-dress-in-zipper.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 7
Oh that style is lovely! If the dress made your heart go boom, there will be a way to get it! Find out the designer so you can search preloved xxx

think I will def have to go back and find out a bit more info!

excuse to try it on again anyway! x

It may be worth trying on more at a different shop :)

I love the third dress. The classic a line looks good on most figures- lovely x

I tried on a Caroline Castiligano dress that was £3500 - it was amazing, but I knew when I tried it there was no way I could ever afford it so I didn't let myself fall in love with it.

I ended up getting a lovely dress that actually suits my body type much more, and am very pleased. :)

Tx

aww those dresses really are gorgeous, hope you find a solution. Everyone should have the dress of their dreams!!

them dresses are lovely it took e 100s of dresses to find my ONE and i love it so so much its at my mum and every time i go there i have to get it out just to look at.
this is mine maggie sabelle in white

Attachments

• d7d8deebbc96f73937f196e83b110831.jpg
    d7d8deebbc96f73937f196e83b110831.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 4
  • e910261f042a617aaa81b98b1365ffab.jpg
    e910261f042a617aaa81b98b1365ffab.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3
  • msg1291358756665.jpg
    msg1291358756665.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4
ah lovely dress, i love all the detail!

I think my heart has decided that i want my dress.

my grandmother passed away in september and left me some £ so may put it 2wards my dress, will feel like she's there on the day then 2! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->