• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding gift deemed "insufficient"

Is it just me that doesn't think guests should have to bloody cover the cost of their meal? If you can't afford to pay for peoples meals, don't invite them :growlmad:

Gosh these women belong on that Bridezilla show :haha:

I know right? We were in all honesty in a deficit after our wedding. People didn't "pay their plate", some guests didn't even give a gift. :wacko:

Of course, the ones who didn't did make me a bit "erm" of course... that was an expensive party to put on. However, I didn't say a WORD to them and sent them a thank you note regardless thanking them for sharing in our day. :shrug:

its quite disgusting isn't it?

our wedding was about having friends and family there. we saved money to pay for the reception. food per person was (including canapes and evening buffet) about £85 give or take. Most people gave us between £20 and £40, but thats fine as its a gift. One person gave us £5 as thats all they could afford. another didnt give us anything (and was late and dressed scruffy - that annoyed me!).

we always said give us what you want, its a gift and would be appreciated. Our wedding money paid for our honeymoon but no way would i expect people to pay their plate, thats my responsibility as 'hostess'.

I actually have no idea what the cost per head was for food and drink.
I just told the caterer routhly how many people would be there and what food I wanted and left it at that.
We had a hot and cold buffet during the day (actual meal things not party food) with chilli, rice, curries, salads, meats, side dishes then a cold party food mix in the evening with the disco and a free open bar (that was the big mistake, not because of cost but because it took 3 hours to find the best man passed out in the toilet)
I didn't want a sit down meal because I wanted reasons for guests to mingle and chat and doing that while getting their food seemed a good ice breaker.

Lol my family and inlaws paid for everything for my wedding I think it's so crude asking fir money and if you can't afford guests don't invite them if you can't afford the to feed them at your own wedding xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->