Wedding night - those with kids....

Definitely up to you with what you want. I wouldn't have had an issue at all with :sex: in front of Claire when she was 9 weeks old, but there's no WAY that I can do that when she's turning 3!!! :shock:

We're having her at the ceremony with us, but then after pictures are taken she's going back home to our house to be watched by a friend. Then when MIL leaves the reception (whatever time that is) she'll go home and relieve the babysitter and then will be there with Claire. As it stands, she's spending a week with MIL while we are on our honeymoon.

:hugs:

:rofl: Tiff! I wouldn't have :sex: infront of a 3 year old either :haha: x

Oh my god.... I can just picture Claire waking up and going in her sweet little voice "OooOOooOOOoo!!! What's that?????" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yup. No freaking WAY!!!! :rofl:

^ :rofl:

I think we are going to be staying in all the same hotel...so I might let my mum have Abigail in her room so we get a relaxing night, she'l be 18 months by the wedding so hopefully i'l feel able to leave her (shes never been away from me!).

If shes a couple rooms down in the hotel then im sure i'l be fine. Just means we get to relax, have a lie-in...although very much doubt :sex:!! I'l be cream crackered!! :haha:

Funny enough, but did you guys know that according to either tradition or religion (can't remember which) that if the marriage isn't consummated that night, it technically isn't valid?

:haha: Not sure exactly how that works. I think its just some idea brought up by some jackass who doesn't want the whole "Sorry hun, too tired" approach. :haha:

Nope I never knew that ... mine nearly wasn't valid in that case then :haha: x

:rofl: Either that or some Red Bull to give you wiiiiiings :winkwink:

:rofl: that little gem of a tradition was obviously started by a man!!!

reeeeeeed aboooooooole...(reminds me of Jim Carey in Yes Man :rofl:)

We just got married in Mexico and DS spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa...they LOVED it, he LOVED it, and of course we enjoyed the night off, ours was to stay out and have a night out with some friends! It was fun. Personally I think it would be a bit strange for them to be with you...? And can't believe how some of the grandparents sound...my god. In my family it's a treat to get to watch LO, they love it!!

:rofl: Apart from i'l be like he is at the end :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMlgG0bRe8&feature=related

Funny enough, but did you guys know that according to either tradition or religion (can't remember which) that if the marriage isn't consummated that night, it technically isn't valid?

:haha: Not sure exactly how that works. I think its just some idea brought up by some jackass who doesn't want the whole "Sorry hun, too tired" approach. :haha:

Uh oh, after countless tequila shots done by the groom, ours is apparently not valid either. DH actually said to me the next day 'I don't think we're technically married anymore, we said until death do us part, and I'm pretty sure I died this morning!'....lol. I said 'great, we get to have another wedding then!' :happydance:

Uh oh, after countless tequila shots done by the groom, ours is apparently not valid either. DH actually said to me the next day 'I don't think we're technically married anymore, we said until death do us part, and I'm pretty sure I died this morning!'....lol. I said 'great, we get to have another wedding then!' :happydance:

:haha: I love that line

I worry that my OH will get too drunk and not be up for performing, I might have to tell him about that!

We are staying at home but i dunno if the kids are staying at the wedding with us we might have no choice but to just come home all five of us at 12 am but its only one night :D XX

My girls are staying with us in our hotel room, i'm not bothered about the whole 'wedding night sex' stuff isnt that more for the virgins.....? plus my OH will probably be very drunk and if we do fancy some hanky panky there is always the shower :winkwink:

My girls are staying with us in our hotel room, i'm not bothered about the whole 'wedding night sex' stuff isnt that more for the virgins.....? plus my OH will probably be very drunk and if we do fancy some hanky panky there is always the shower :winkwink:

Lol yeah thats how it started but I think its still a tradition, even though most people aren't virgins when they marry these days. I suppose for me getting married (at least I'm hoping) will rekindle a bit of romance, it'll be our first night together as husband and wife and I want to celebrate!

Lol yeah thats how it started but I think its still a tradition, even though most people aren't virgins when they marry these days. I suppose for me getting married (at least I'm hoping) will rekindle a bit of romance, it'll be our first night together as husband and wife and I want to celebrate!

Aaaaahhhh that is sweet x hope you do rekindle the romance as mr and mrs x

im just going home from the reception as a 'so-called' freind offered to take my children home when they started to get tired but haas now kicked up one hell of a bitchfest between a few people about it, so am just gonna take them home myself xx

We never ever get a night off so we're making the most of ours lol

we are going down to Cornwall to get wed so we have a cottage booked for 2 weeks.My brother and his wife will go back there with the 4 younger ones and my eldest will go to a friends house.We will stay at the hotel holding our reception as its thrown in for free.During the last week all our guests are staying for a holiday so a few will take the kids so we get some us time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->