Wedding night - those with kids....

Feltzy

Reaction score
What are you doing on your wedding night? We get the bridal suite included in our package and my mum and a friend will also be staying in the hotel and have offered to have the kids in their room with them so that we can have a night to ourselves. Obviously we'll be looking after the kids throughout the day/evening its just that they will be sleeping in their rooms.

Somebody said to me that they think if you have kids when you get married then you should get a family room or go home with the kids and it made me feel quite bad about my decision. My friends mum had her daughter for her on her wedding night and I thought it was quite common? Obviously we have offers anyway so its not an issue for us but OH's brother gets married in October and he's struggling to find someone who will have his kids. Now don't get me wrong I would never expect someone to have my kids (although I'm glad of the offers) but I don't think its unreasonable to want to have a night to yourself if the offers there, or am I just being selfish lol.

we are staying at home but are kids sleep 7pm till 6am so not a prob for us my mum has asked if we want them to have them but i want them with us

My mum will be staying at the same hotel and will have them in with her. :) Dont feel bad! Plus the kids will probably go up to bed much earlier then us lol xx

we are staying at home but are kids sleep 7pm till 6am so not a prob for us my mum has asked if we want them to have them but i want them with us

I suppose if we were to stay at home we probably wouldn't mind either, its just that these rooms in the hotel don't have separate bedrooms iykwim, so there wouldn't be much going on our wedding night :blush:

My mum will be staying at the same hotel and will have them in with her. :) Dont feel bad! Plus the kids will probably go up to bed much earlier then us lol xx

I think this is the issue though. The reason the conversation came about is because OH's mum thinks her other son wants her to have the kids in her room on his wedding night, but she doesn't want to offer because she said whoever has the kids won't be able to have a drink and will probably have to go to bed early. Another issue is that his wife to be's parents refuse to have the kids and she doesn't see why she should have to have them whilst her mum has a good night without the responsibilities, and I can see where she's coming from.

I'm thinking of sorting something at our hotel where they have a quiet area downstairs where we can put some travel cots for the kids to sleep in if they get tired so that the people who have kids don't have to go to bed early. I don't know I think I need to think it through a bit more lol. I might give the hotel a ring to see if they have any ideas!

It is your wedding night and you are entitled to one night alone in my opinion. Oh's mum and dad are having my two girls. Now if it was only for the night I would be more than happy, my kids have not slept out once in their life. However I am a little nervous as they are going on hol with their grandma and grandad for a week so we can have a honeymoon. I know this is a massive gesture but i'm a little nervous as we have never been apart!! xx

It is your wedding night and you are entitled to one night alone in my opinion. Oh's mum and dad are having my two girls. Now if it was only for the night I would be more than happy, my kids have not slept out once in their life. However I am a little nervous as they are going on hol with their grandma and grandad for a week so we can have a honeymoon. I know this is a massive gesture but i'm a little nervous as we have never been apart!! xx

Aw how lovely of them to do that, I'm sure your kids will have a great time and they'll have plenty to be excited about if they're going away too!

Aw how lovely of them to do that, I'm sure your kids will have a great time and they'll have plenty to be excited about if they're going away too!

I know I guess they will!! Hey just noticed you live in Batley. I live in Gomersal!! x

When my mum married my stepdad (I was 11), I stayed with family friends for the wedding night and then for a week after!
You should do whatever works for you and your family situation hun... it's one night that you should feel entitled to spend alone! x

I think your entitled to have the night off- and I'd be worried if no one offered to look after the children. You need to enjoy each other!

I know I guess they will!! Hey just noticed you live in Batley. I live in Gomersal!! x

Ooh thats just up the road, its a small world! Where are you getting married? We've booked Bagden Hall in Denby Dale.

Ooh thats just up the road, its a small world! Where are you getting married? We've booked Bagden Hall in Denby Dale.

I know haha, always in tesco at batley, and erm have frequented bradford road on the odd occasion haha. We're gettin married at Hartshead church and then having reception at gomersal lodge hotel.....they have a gorgeous marquee so we're having it in there! XX

I know haha, always in tesco at batley, and erm have frequented bradford road on the odd occasion haha. We're gettin married at Hartshead church and then having reception at gomersal lodge hotel.....they have a gorgeous marquee so we're having it in there! XX

I'm always in Tesco myself, its the only time I get out! I haven't been out in Batley for a while, I don't think I'm missing much though lol. Apparently its dead these days.

I've been to a wedding at Gomersal Lodge Hotel before it was lovely!

No i haven't been out there for ages too, saving for this wedding lol. Aww have u been to the marquee then? What date do you get married? x

Olivia will be going home with my mum and dad, im not sure what to do though as she will only be 2 so not sure whats going to happen with her the rest of the night.

She is also staying half a week with OH mum and half a week with my Mum when we go on a 7 night honeymoon!

We hired the hotel exclusively so every room was taken by a friend or family member and loads of them offered to have her but we wanted her with us - our baby, our wedding, our family time together :cloud9:

We had her with us while we were getting ready, my Mum held her during the ceremony (4pm) and for the photos after, then we took her, went up to our room where I fed her and then we had a babysitter booked to come in for 4 hours while we ate (she was late and so Lynn saved the day and stayed with her!) That was purely as we didn't feel that the restaurant was the place for her to be at 9 weeks old and there wasn't really room for her pushchair as it was in the basement.

At 10.30pm we went and got her and went up to our room.....it was perfect :cloud9:

I'd never say what anyone else should do though, that was just our choice and I don't think it would be bad of you to have them stay with your folks :hugs:

xxx

I agree with Pops ... it wouldn't be bad of you to have them stay with your folks if the've offered and thats what you want. Having IJP in the room with Pops and Tim was their perfect wedding night ... but for ours it wasn't :shrug: Everyone is different ... it doesn't mean you love your kids any less

We had family offer to keep the kids overnight (in the hotel) for us to have the night to ourselves and we took them up on it. That was the right decision for us ... only you know hwat the right decision for you is and don't let anyone influence you xx

Aw thanks ladies, I think you're right its down to personal preference. I'm not going to feel bad about it, we've got the offers there anyway so I don't need to worry. At my friends wedding the kids were both up until 11pm and it was fine we had a really good night, Evie was up dancing most of the night!

Superbecks they didn't use the marquee at the wedding I went to although its going back 10 years now. We're getting married on 3 June 2012, its the queens jubilee weekend so theres 2 bank holidays after, plenty of recovery time for the guests lol.

Oh yeah I bet they will be. Hubby and I went to bed at 10.45pm and Caitlin was still dancing away lol x

my mam has said she'll stay in the hotel with us for two nights and have the kids overnight for us, we'll have them during the day obv but on the night theyre going to my mam :thumbup:

they sleep fine through noise so i think im just gna find a quiet corner in the reception and put the pushchair there so if they get tired they can have a nap in there

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->