weekly food shop

shazney22

Reaction score
how much do you ladies spend on a weekly food shop? I spend roughly £50 a week, any tips on cutting this down? xxx

I budget £60 a week for 2 adults, a toddler, 3 dogs and 2 cats.

I cook from scratch as often as possible, use value stuff if we like it, buy reduced food, meal plan, shop online and every so often I run down our cupboards/freezer. Switching meat for vegetarian meals 2- times a week helps too. Our current vegetarian meal is gnocchi bake and garlic bread (I make my own tomato sauce and blend in veg for my veg avoiding toddler). Bulk making meals helps too.

I spend £40-50 a week (2 adults 2 children) i make everything from scratch. I can't remember the last time i used a jar of sauce. I only buy enough food for the week so hardly anything gets rolled over to the next week. I don't buy snacks though. I buy the big bottles of multi purpose cleaner then dilute it and put it in a spray cleaner (exactly the same thing!) it last forever. Fruit is the cheapest thing you can buy for snacks so i buy alot of it. Also i buy organic most of the time so if your not fussed about that then it would be cheaper. Buy big box's of washing powder and use a shot glass to measure it out. It washes clothes just the same but lasts so much longer!

I spend £40-50 a week (2 adults 2 children) i make everything from scratch. I can't remember the last time i used a jar of sauce. I only buy enough food for the week so hardly anything gets rolled over to the next week. I don't buy snacks though. I buy the big bottles of multi purpose cleaner then dilute it and put it in a spray cleaner (exactly the same thing!) it last forever. Fruit is the cheapest thing you can buy for snacks so i buy alot of it. Also i buy organic most of the time so if your not fussed about that then it would be cheaper. Buy big box's of washing powder and use a shot glass to measure it out. It washes clothes just the same but lasts so much longer!

I do the same with washing powder :thumbup:

I spend anything upto around £80.. There is me, oh, our 6 month LO and a cat. I shop at asda. I try to cut back as much as possible but always end up spending more than planned :/

HOW THE F IS EVERY ONE DOING A WEEKS SHOP FOR THIS AMOUNT?!!!

I spent £140-150 per week and I just can't get it down. My husband is constantly moaning at me that there's nothing to eat. I buy the same things pretty much weekly and maybe bits if they're on offer. Don't know where I'm going wrong. This isn't including any alcohol either, if hubby buys in for friends coming over its more .Our shopping bill is more than the mortgage monthly!

We do a fortnightly shop which ranges anywhere from £120-£160 depending on if its a week I need cleaning stuff etc. I buy a lot of things to fill the freezer, mince, chicken breasts etc i also freeze milk I buy 2 to 3 bottles every time

Thanks for the washing powder tip! I didn't know that :)

I budget 50€ a week but usually only end up spending 40€. That's for OH, LO and me. I cook from scratch so the bill comes down quite a lot. I used to spend 70€ a month when I was lazy and did nothing but processed food.

I spent £140-150 per week and I just can't get it down. My husband is constantly moaning at me that there's nothing to eat. I buy the same things pretty much weekly and maybe bits if they're on offer. Don't know where I'm going wrong. This isn't including any alcohol either, if hubby buys in for friends coming over its more .Our shopping bill is more than the mortgage monthly!

Do you buy alot of branded things? Going down a brand can save alot and it all tastes the same (apart from coke)

Do you buy alot of branded things? Going down a brand can save alot and it all tastes the same (apart from coke)

Depends on what it is really, sauces like ketchup I'll buy branded but nappies I use sainsburys own, beans branded it really does depend on the item. I've even started going to a pound shop to get toiletries ect . If we have friends over food at the weekend which is a lot easier for us as we struggle for baby sitters I'll spend another £30 on top of that, that is my own fault though as I insist on doing 3 courses ! Everything Is so expensive

Depends on what it is really, sauces like ketchup I'll buy branded but nappies I use sainsburys own, beans branded it really does depend on the item. I've even started going to a pound shop to get toiletries ect . If we have friends over food at the weekend which is a lot easier for us as we struggle for baby sitters I'll spend another £30 on top of that, that is my own fault though as I insist on doing 3 courses ! Everything Is so expensive

Honestly own ketchup tastes the same as does beans and its so much cheaper.

I spend between £60-£90 a week for 2 adults and 2 children, that includes nappies, wipes and cleaning stuff. I can do it cheaper but I don't want to, I like having a dessert now and again or a treat in the evening. DH and ds1 take packed lunches every day too so that adds up quickly.
If were really skint I can do a weekly shop on about £40 but it would be pretty miserable x

We spend £40 a week for me, OH, dog & cat. We buy toiletries and cleaning products out of that :)

I shop online at asda and usually click "special offers". I'll buy branded things when they're on offer, I meal plan too which I find easy with shopping online so I'll think to make a curry and I'll buy the rice, then the sauce, then the chicken & veg etc.. It shows your money racking up in the corner which makes it easier.

Things like rice, pasta, ketchup, mayo, beans, tinned veg, tuna, fruit and fresh veg we tend to get asdas own cos it tastes practically the same but it's so much cheaper x

Our budget is £50per week, there is 2 adults and a baby.
We buy alot in aldi then go to asda for things we like there (sandwich meat, cheese)
Pringles can be as much as £2.50 in some supermarkets and there is a fake brand in aldi that is 79p,
We make a list of the meals we want that week and I buy the ingrediants for that, il also buy a few freezer meals incase were really rushed so il buy a few pizzas for 99p from aldi and a few other freezer meals.
We dont have the most amazing diet to be honest it is rare for us to have veg and fruit but we are really trying to work on this so when baby is bigger we can all eat healthily together.
I buy nappies from amazon a months supply is £15 with free delivery and I buy a months worth of baby milk at the start of the month so I know if we run out of money thats covered

I spend anything from £50-70 a week, there's me, two LO's and my dog. That covers all their lunches and snacks for in the week when I'm at work, all our dinners for the evenings, nappies, wipes and dog food.

£30 a week MAX but it's only 2 adults.
We do an ocado shop 1x a month for things that we cant carry as we dont have a car...all of that is oacdo brand or waitrose essential.

Meat comes from the butcher and fruit and veg comes from the Green grocer. I think buying fruit and veg at the supermarket is the biggest rip off ever.

I miss UK prices!! Atm our bill is around $1500 a month:wacko: Thats for 2 adults, 5 kids (1 ebf so doesnt even eat food lol) and 2 dogs. :wacko: We're Southern California though where everything is expensive:coffee:

I have no idea how people do it, I spend loads on shopping. Today I spent £57 in sainsburys and £64 in asda and that will only last us around 4 days, I never shop a week at a time, but on average I must spend £150 a week

About £100-£120 every 2 weeks. Usually I pick bits up in the week too for about £20 (extra bread, milk and such) x

3 adults, LO, and 2 cats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->