weekly food shop

between £30 and £50, that's for 2 adults, one toddler, 2 cats, a rabbit and fish, I cook from scratch, generally we don't buy junk food, snacks tend to be fruit and we buy things values where we can. I do go through cupboards before food shop to check what we have, lo has little angels nappies and wipes from asdas. Usually the most we will spend is £60 and that's with treats

Some of you are amazing I spend between 80-120ish a week for 2 Los and one adult. I'm going wrong somewhere :dohh:

It's taken a long time for me to reduce my food bill and I really have to work at it. I know I can do it for less but £60 is where I'm happy at for now. Lidls have half price weekend offers and I often pick up loads of half priced meat and freeze it.

It's taken a long time for me to reduce my food bill and I really have to work at it. I know I can do it for less but £60 is where I'm happy at for now. Lidls have half price weekend offers and I often pick up loads of half priced meat and freeze it.

Im the same I know if I use all own brand things I could cut another £10-15 off but I dont want to as I like what I buy. I also could eat less meat but again I dont want to cut it.

I'd say ours is between £100-£120 for 2 adults, 3 children and a cat. My OH is very fussy with food though and will not touch value brands unless it's certain things like biscuits, milk etc

This does include nappies, wipes and a couple of treats though.

I've started "discreetly" doing things so OH doesn't notice. Like buying the 36p disinfectant and diluting it into an empty Mr Muscle spray bottle :haha: or buying value dishwasher tabs and emptying them into an old fairy bag,he doesn't notice the difference!

Some of you are amazing I spend between 80-120ish a week for 2 Los and one adult. I'm going wrong somewhere :dohh:

I use to spend £100 plus for just 2 adults and we didnt eat breakfast or dinner at home! I have no idea how i managed to spend that much! It just takes time to find little short cuts. We do it because we have too. I online shop too because im a terrible impulse buyer.

£40-£60 per week for 2 adults, 2 children, a dog and a cat. Washing powder and fabric conditioner I get from makro about once every 6 weeks and that's usually around £16.

We budget £60 a week but will often go slightly over. We shop at Aldi and then buy anything else from Asda. Aldi have a super six offer each week which I usually try to take advantage of.

About 50-60 quid I'll go to Aldi for some bits then b&m for some then Iceland for frozen bits try we don't eat very well get fruit and veg in for DD and DS though a pound store has just opened up by me so think I'll be going there for my bathroom and cleaning things from now on though :) I've started buying super value brands too but i tend to get distracted by offers treats etc and spending a lot more than I should

Even aldi isn't as cheap as it used to be. But I buy all my meat and veg from aldi. (We only have one butchers in town which costs the earth and no where other than a supermarket to buy fruit and veg) Also jars and ketcups I buy from aldi as they are still cheaper. We tend to spend 50 - £70 a week depending on how frugal I'm feeling :haha:
I find a weekly shop and not going to the supermarket in the week helps.

Ours is £70-£80 every week/10 days with a top up of bread and other bits (£10-£20) in the middle. That includes a bottle of wine a week. I shop online for the big shop so I can keep an eye on the total. Its 3 meals a day and snacks for 2 adults and a 3yo with a very good appetite!

Interesting to read :)

I couldn't actually figure out a weekly figure tbh, as I've more or less stopped doing a 'regular' or weekly shop. Too much was getting wasted as I'd get overwhelmed and just pick things up trying to get it done as quick as poss lol. Now I have a list on the fridge which I add things to as they're running out. I'm always out and about and will pick things up on the way home or while out.

I use a lot of Value brands, most of them are just as good (with the exception of certain items like bin bags, which are useless)

Not a lot of meat, what meat I buy is often from the reduced shelf and then frozen until needed. Really cheap :)

If making a chilli sauce/bolognese type thing I add value frozen veg and a tin of beans, it makes the meat go loads further.

And I always take advantage of offers, as long as it's non-perishable goods. Premium brands can come to cheaper than the Value ones when good offers are on so I stock up on cans, dried goods, laundry and toiletries when they're on a deal :thumbup:

I could really do with reducing our weekly food shop. I've been thinking of meal planning but I'm not really sure where to start. Can any of you ladies tell me how you do your meal planning? :flower:

We spend £80ish for 2 adults, 1 3yr old and a 9mth old-this doesnt includes nappies/baby milk though..
It sounds a 'ok' amount but we eat out once a week and take-away once a week too so it only for 5 days essentially :s

Between £50-90 depending on what we are buying. I tend to stock up on nappies and wipes when they are on offer. Same with loo rolls and washing powder too so those weeks when im buying that its more expensive but i like to keep it at about £60

Thats for 2 adults and a toddler x

I could really do with reducing our weekly food shop. I've been thinking of meal planning but I'm not really sure where to start. Can any of you ladies tell me how you do your meal planning? :flower:

I make a list of everything I have in the fridge, freezer and cupboards. You may be surprised at how many meals you can make from what you have already :)

between 120 - 150 nzd (so like 60 - 80 pounds) and we shop at the cheapest supermarket in the country. things are reaaaaaaalllllyyy expensive here. but we do pretty well. an expensive week usually includes having to buy kitty litter (around 10 bucks) and rubbish bags ($12)

i shop monthly, its just me & LO. i spend about £100 a month, including everything & top ups of milk, bread etc.

washing powder i use a shot glass as mentioned before, conditioner i water it down so a 90p bottle lasts 2 months.

i buy everything tesco value, and bigger packs.

for example mince i'll buy the 1kg pack, but freeze half & cook half into a meal.. then whats left i portion up & freeze.

toilet roll, i buy the huge 24 rolls which last forever as its only me using it at the mo.

i tend to buy frozen meat though if im on a tight month like this month & next with it being christmas. xx

Between 100-150 week I just can't get it down, includes wine and we also eat out once or twice a week....

To be honest I have no idea! Although I am quite thrifty I am not really a planner so we end up just shopping randomly when we think we need to stock up rather than on a regular basis and we don't budget or plan meals etc (I am not so good with structure :haha:)

I guess when we do go to do a big shop (approx every couple of weeks I guess) we normally spend about £80-90 ish for me, DH and LO (we will also buy some extra bits in between!) Sometimes this will include alcohol or bits and bobs like clothes too.

I remember being much more organised when DH and I were at college, we would go shopping once a week and spend approx £17!! We had to be strict back then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->